March 25, 2019, 07:28:49 AM

Author Topic: [News]Silva's willingness to adapt is why he should be given time at Everton  (Read 516 times)

March 11, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
Read 516 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva's willingness to adapt is why he should be given time at Everton

In many respects, it has been quite an underwhelming season for the Blues, with new manager Marco Silva struggling to win over the Goodison faithful.

Source: Silva's willingness to adapt is why he should be given time at Everton

March 15, 2019, 05:20:17 PM
Reply #1

formerKHL

I've obviously taken part in the Silva out debate on this forum...and made my points on it..Not having a dig at anyone in particular here

Just to trying to give an insight into what goes into the job and help people make a more valued decision on Silva before saying get him out-give him time.....to explain how difficult a job it is to manage a football club, never mind a premier league club... take a look at Paul Scholes lasted 31 days at Oldham..now here's a guy been spouting it off for the last couple of years about all the manu managers and how they're doing stuff wrong and how they should do it...he's also commented on other clubs managers and what they're doing wrong...and how they should be doing the job…then he cant cope after only 31 days....

This runs along side all the other "expert pundits" who are "in the know" coaching wise and managerially but have never actually managed a club..Jamie Carragher, lauro, most of he ex players on sky, BBC and BT sport all experts but never done the job in their lives...even Gary Neville..what a great job he did in spain eh....Lawrenson when he was at Newcastle as their defensive coach they had the worse defensive record in the clubs history...yet here he is to this day punditing on how to defend.....What right/experience have I got to say this you might ask....? Well for my sins...
I worked alongside  Danny Wilson at Barnsley as part of his coaching staff  in league 1 as it was then, then in the prem when we got promoted and the change in the man because of the pressure it brought on just being in the premier league was shocking to witness you could visibly see him getting more stressed day by day....it wasn't so much the football side of things but running the club and the business side of things they have to cope with unbelievable...it even became his responsibility to oversee the building of the academy at the club.....it's even worse nowadays all this done under the spotlight of these "experts" on TV all with their opinions and the press and media..unfortunately Danny buckled and left the club....but once it's in yer blood its hard to turn away and he went back in to manage a "bigger club" in Sheffield Wednesday..same thing happens and out he goes...just one example..

Not bragging here or spouting off just trying to give a small insight into what it's actually like....and I was only part of a bigger team.

So for all those on here who think they know how to do it and how it should be done.....spare a thought for what they actually do and I say this...….. if you thionk your good at it on a forum....get your badges and try it....

March 15, 2019, 05:21:47 PM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 15, 2019, 06:20:50 PM
Reply #3

Free Agent

To be fair though, Scholes never had the charisma nor the people’s skills required to carry a team through a rough patch did he?

March 15, 2019, 06:35:44 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

To be fair though, Scholes never had the charisma nor the people’s skills required to carry a team through a rough patch did he?

Actually, if you look up charisma in the dictionary there is just a pic of Paul Scholes
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 15, 2019, 07:00:08 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
The administrators of NSNO regret to announce that from now on anyone wanting to give an opinion on footballing matters will have to first provide proof that they have the necessary coaching badges. Anyone without the qualifications will be removed from the site.

Regards

NSNO Admin.

March 15, 2019, 07:24:43 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

I've obviously taken part in the Silva out debate on this forum...and made my points on it..Not having a dig at anyone in particular here

Just to trying to give an insight into what goes into the job and help people make a more valued decision on Silva before saying get him out-give him time.....to explain how difficult a job it is to manage a football club, never mind a premier league club... take a look at Paul Scholes lasted 31 days at Oldham..now here's a guy been spouting it off for the last couple of years about all the manu managers and how they're doing stuff wrong and how they should do it...he's also commented on other clubs managers and what they're doing wrong...and how they should be doing the job…then he cant cope after only 31 days....

This runs along side all the other "expert pundits" who are "in the know" coaching wise and managerially but have never actually managed a club..Jamie Carragher, lauro, most of he ex players on sky, BBC and BT sport all experts but never done the job in their lives...even Gary Neville..what a great job he did in spain eh....Lawrenson when he was at Newcastle as their defensive coach they had the worse defensive record in the clubs history...yet here he is to this day punditing on how to defend.....What right/experience have I got to say this you might ask....? Well for my sins...
I worked alongside  Danny Wilson at Barnsley as part of his coaching staff  in league 1 as it was then, then in the prem when we got promoted and the change in the man because of the pressure it brought on just being in the premier league was shocking to witness you could visibly see him getting more stressed day by day....it wasn't so much the football side of things but running the club and the business side of things they have to cope with unbelievable...it even became his responsibility to oversee the building of the academy at the club.....it's even worse nowadays all this done under the spotlight of these "experts" on TV all with their opinions and the press and media..unfortunately Danny buckled and left the club....but once it's in yer blood its hard to turn away and he went back in to manage a "bigger club" in Sheffield Wednesday..same thing happens and out he goes...just one example..

Not bragging here or spouting off just trying to give a small insight into what it's actually like....and I was only part of a bigger team.

So for all those on here who think they know how to do it and how it should be done.....spare a thought for what they actually do and I say this...….. if you thionk your good at it on a forum....get your badges and try it....

I think you may have over-estimated the amount of notice fans take of pundits.