October 20, 2019, 01:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton. 3.00.pm. Saturday 9th March.  (Read 12129 times)

March 10, 2019, 04:53:55 AM
Reply #555

charlatan

If you have a goalkeeper behind you that is an absolute liability, of course the defence is going to become nervous, drop deeper and hurry clearances.
Pickford has to be replaced in the summer, or we'll be having the same problems seaso  after season.
I don't see how people can defend his performances.

I think Pickford has a bit of Ross Barkley syndrome about him ie he’s thick as fucking pigshit

March 10, 2019, 05:09:01 AM
Reply #556

Mayor Farnum

Pickford's shortcomings have been apparent from early on. If you are just seeing them now you've not been paying attention.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 10, 2019, 09:47:46 AM
Reply #557

blue1948

Pickford is not ready yet but is nowhere near as bad as he is being made out on here by the crazy gang .He made some great saves yesterday including the penalty .The best goalkeeper in the prem in my opinion is LLoris and yesterday he pushed the ball out exactly the same as Pickford . It is a team game and crucifying players after every game is a bit pointless .
We did well yesterday for the first 45 minutes and it is the players who can tell you what went wrong ,not Silva .He can only do so much ,yes selection is in his hands but when Coleman pulled out sick and Kenny played it seemed he wasn't at all prepared .For that I am not blaming him as I am sure some players need to psych themselves up for it and 30 mins might not be enough but nothing Silva could do is there really ?
Yes we are fragile when we concede but if any of them ever read or quote this place it is no fucking wonder .What gets me there was a tirade last night from one poster then hours later he said he had just seen the game ! What right has he/she to offer those offensive and punishing remarks on the back of the result on the net or listening to a commentary on the radio?
It is about time some on here woke up and smelled the coffee .
We judge them every week with same over expectation as though by some magic the whole team has gelled or matured or both in a few days .

March 10, 2019, 11:29:32 AM
Reply #558

Mayor Farnum

Pickford is not ready yet but is nowhere near as bad as he is being made out on here by the crazy gang .He made some great saves yesterday including the penalty .The best goalkeeper in the prem in my opinion is LLoris and yesterday he pushed the ball out exactly the same as Pickford . It is a team game and crucifying players after every game is a bit pointless .
We did well yesterday for the first 45 minutes and it is the players who can tell you what went wrong ,not Silva .He can only do so much ,yes selection is in his hands but when Coleman pulled out sick and Kenny played it seemed he wasn't at all prepared .For that I am not blaming him as I am sure some players need to psych themselves up for it and 30 mins might not be enough but nothing Silva could do is there really ?
Yes we are fragile when we concede but if any of them ever read or quote this place it is no fucking wonder .What gets me there was a tirade last night from one poster then hours later he said he had just seen the game ! What right has he/she to offer those offensive and punishing remarks on the back of the result on the net or listening to a commentary on the radio?
It is about time some on here woke up and smelled the coffee .
We judge them every week with same over expectation as though by some magic the whole team has gelled or matured or both in a few days .

Lloris eh... You know if you'd ever like to come and join the Crazy Gang....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:30:36 AM by Mayor Farnum »
Something clever written by someone else.

March 10, 2019, 02:36:59 PM
Reply #559

Paddockoldie

From what I saw having watched the game, it all went wrong when Silva changed it up.. Ok, can be needed at times but we didn't need to at that point. It took the pressure off them because we went from attacking to defensive and bringing a defender like Mina on was a mahoosive mistake. I remember getting stick when I said he's rated because he scored against England in the World Cup and that's about it. He played for Barca? Well, he didn't did he.. They owned him and flogged him ASAP and we got ripped. He's not even as good as Mori and he was bad. Blaming Pickford for our failings misses out our poor defending. You win or lose as a team

March 10, 2019, 03:19:24 PM
Reply #560

Wiggytop

From what I saw having watched the game, it all went wrong when Silva changed it up.. Ok, can be needed at times but we didn't need to at that point. It took the pressure off them because we went from attacking to defensive and bringing a defender like Mina on was a mahoosive mistake. I remember getting stick when I said he's rated because he scored against England in the World Cup and that's about it. He played for Barca? Well, he didn't did he.. They owned him and flogged him ASAP and we got ripped. He's not even as good as Mori and he was bad. Blaming Pickford for our failings misses out our poor defending. You win or lose as a team

Yep, it was a poor substitution, which I think shows up Silva's failings, the game was there for us to take, even at 2-1, but he took off a goal threat and brought on another, problem was it was a goal threat against us, not for us. We're awaful with 3 at the back at the best of times, yesterday Rondon was bullying us from the start, what better way of coping than to bring on a player who has looked like a rabbit in headlights every time he plays, and partner him with Keane who's still lacking the confidence he needs. The third goal highlights the problem, not one player tried to attack the ball as it came back into the box asthey don't know how to play that system, although Mina did take out one of our own players, which was about his only contribution to the game.
We also lacked a captain on the pitch, Siggy just doesn't have the presence and it seems to detract from his game.
Not to worry Chelsea next, simples😱

March 10, 2019, 03:38:04 PM
Reply #561

Lxxx

I think Pickford has a bit of Ross Barkley syndrome about him ie he’s thick as fucking pigshit

Think there is a lot in this.

Players like Pickford and Barkley take a lot of intense man management because they have a load of talent but not the intelligence to work out what to do with it.

Both high value assets, one which depreciated massively and one which is in danger of following suit.

Pretty negligent for us as a club to watch players with a high ceiling not progress as they could because behind the scenes there’s no stability or a plan which transcends a churn of managers.

March 10, 2019, 03:53:48 PM
Reply #562

Toddacelli

Think there is a lot in this.

Players like Pickford and Barkley take a lot of intense man management because they have a load of talent but not the intelligence to work out what to do with it.

Both high value assets, one which depreciated massively and one which is in danger of following suit.

Pretty negligent for us as a club to watch players with a high ceiling not progress as they could because behind the scenes there’s no stability or a plan which transcends a churn of managers.

Both of these very talented and unique players too.

I don't think there's a harder position to successfully fill than goalkeeper at the top level.

I think we need to be putting a lot more work into Pickford to make the most of his ability. Even thick players can learn by repetition if you drill them often enough.

The problem's not just that one position though, is it? We're like Quality Street at the moment. Harder brittle outer shell that easily breaks or melts, soft inner core that has a couple of nuts in it and too much makes you fucking sick.

Quality Street. Without the quality.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates