October 21, 2019, 09:49:36 AM

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 8215 times)

March 31, 2019, 03:10:27 PM
Reply #330

Ross

Best 90 minutes of the season I reckon.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 31, 2019, 03:16:49 PM
Reply #331

Mac934

Best 90 minutes of the season I reckon.
Probably the best 90 mins since beating Cit 4-0!
Bernard the most improved player this season.

March 31, 2019, 03:20:08 PM
Reply #332

Bluedylan

Hopefully these kinds of performances, and the recent improvement generally will help the more trigger-happy sections of the fanbase to have a little more patience with the manager.

What's abundantly evident to me is how much confidence has affected us this season. It seemed to drop through the floor after the derby loss, and then not winning the two games immediately after it.

Now that confidence is clearly flowing, we look like a totally different side.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:22:00 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 31, 2019, 03:27:00 PM
Reply #333

stirlingblue

Hopefully these kinds of performances, and the recent improvement generally will help the more trigger-happy sections of the fanbase to have a little more patience with the manager.

What's abundantly evident to me is how much confidence has affected us this season. It seemed to drop through the floor after the derby loss, and then not winning the two games immediately after it.

Now that confidence is clearly flowing, we look like a totally different side.

I mostly agree with you, although the big question mark for me is how long it took us to get over the derby loss.

Whether thats a lack of motivational skills on Silva’s part or an inherent weakness in the squad is difficult to tell though.

We’re going to have upsets and defeats in the future, we can’t be responding to them by losing all confidence for 10-15 games.

March 31, 2019, 03:36:59 PM
Reply #334

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
That's the best starting 11 we have at our disposal isn't it?

Bernard Left, Sig Central, Richarlison right seems the way to go for that attacking midfield 3

Walcott really shouldn't get back in that side. Striker surely the priority signing in the summer, happy to give Onyekuru a run though, although I have not watched him play he seems to have a good goal return from what I gather

DCL is doing a good job of leading the line to be fair to him, definitely worth keeping around in the squad

Gomes and Zouma both staking good claims as to why we should make their deals permanent
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 31, 2019, 03:54:05 PM
Reply #335

stirlingblue

DCL is doing a good job of leading the line to be fair to him, definitely worth keeping around in the squad

Depends how much money we have in the summer but I’m tending towards putting our faith in DCL. Ideally we’d buy another promising young striker and use the two.

Whoever we buy in the summer, they need to be like DCL in the way he’s both quick and strong rather than one or the other as it seems to create so much more space for the three behind him.

March 31, 2019, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #336

Cozzie

DCL has improved massively but we can't go into next season with him leading the line.

Going 2 seasons without properly replacing Lukaku was bad, going 3 seasons without doing so would be maniacally stupid.

Ideally for me would be selling Niasse or even just giving him away, loaning out DCL so he continue improving better and buy TWO quality strikers with Tosun as 3rd Choice.

Tosun isn't the best I agree but having an international forward as 3rd choice wont be bad. He doesn't have a lot to his game but hes a finisher at least.

Sell Walcott hopefully too and get a more young hungry winger in, Lozano would be ideal for me but I don't know how likely that is.

A decent right back as well, Denzel Dumfries?

That would be all we would need I reckon if we made Gomes permenent and possibly have to replace Gueye if he goes.

Doubt we would sign Zouma as he is fancied at Chelsea and with him going with Jags would leave us short at the back so maybe another CB?

I'm still not 100% on Silva but I am in the give him time camp as I believe any manager regardless needs time.

Give him credit, barring that Newcastle farce we haven't been bad as of late.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:17:28 PM by Cozzie »

March 31, 2019, 04:35:56 PM
Reply #337

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/thechicoazul/status/1112074436201627650?s=19

Backs of my eyes are itching

I know he's taking the piss, the urge to kill is fucking strong though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Makes me laugh chico
Simply simply lovely

March 31, 2019, 04:37:07 PM
Reply #338

stirlingblue

DCL has improved massively but we can't go into next season with him leading the line.

Going 2 seasons without properly replacing Lukaku was bad, going 3 seasons without doing so would be maniacally stupid.

Ideally for me would be selling Niasse or even just giving him away, loaning out DCL so he continue improving better and buy TWO quality strikers with Tosun as 3rd Choice.

Tosun isn't the best I agree but having an international forward as 3rd choice wont be bad. He doesn't have a lot to his game but hes a finisher at least.

Sell Walcott hopefully too and get a more young hungry winger in, Lozano would be ideal for me but I don't know how likely that is.

That would be all we would need I reckon if we made Gomes permenent and possibly have to replace Gueye if he goes.

Doubt we would sign Zouma as he is fancied at Chelsea and with him going with Jags would leave us short at the back so maybe another CB?

I'm still not 100% on Silva but I am in the give him time camp as I believe any manager regardless needs time.

If that’s what you expect this summer you’re going to be sorely disappointed.

Two quality strikers: £60m+
Lozano: £35m
Gomes: £30m
Dumfries: £20m
Zouma/New CB: £30m

Just the casual £175m plus wages there

March 31, 2019, 04:37:40 PM
Reply #339

Mayor Farnum

The most relaxing 90 minutes of football that I have experienced watching Everton away from home in 25 years.

I've been comatose plenty of times but I guess you're getting at something different.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 31, 2019, 04:41:57 PM
Reply #340

eyesalwaysblue

I mostly agree with you, although the big question mark for me is how long it took us to get over the derby loss.

Whether thats a lack of motivational skills on Silva’s part or an inherent weakness in the squad is difficult to tell though.

We’re going to have upsets and defeats in the future, we can’t be responding to them by losing all confidence for 10-15 games.
No getting away from Silva making repeated tactical howlers for most of the season, there has been an element of him learning on the job, hopefully that's behind him but he did deserve a lot of the stick he was getting, he seems to be pointing in the right direction now though and let's hope that continues.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 31, 2019, 05:23:09 PM
Reply #341

Cozzie

If that’s what you expect this summer you’re going to be sorely disappointed.

Two quality strikers: £60m+
Lozano: £35m
Gomes: £30m
Dumfries: £20m
Zouma/New CB: £30m

Just the casual £175m plus wages there

Saying that's what we need.

Not necessarily what we will get.

March 31, 2019, 07:08:10 PM
Reply #342

Toddacelli

Don't think we'll have the money for two quality strikers - let alone being able to attract two.

I'd like to see Vlasic back and given a go as cover/competition for Sigurdsson.

I'd like to see Onyekuru come in as cover/competition for the wingers.

I'd like to see Lookman given a go too but I'm resigned to the fact that we fucked that one up and he's already decided to go and that's why he's not in Silva's plans.

Hopeful for Zouma but but if we can't keep him then we need to sign someone at least as good for CB.

Pickford is also crying out for competition.

Beyond that we only need a few tweaks really, so whatever Brands can do to upgrade will be cool.

RB is not as big a concern as it was but if we do get someone in - I think Kenny would really benefit from a loan in the Championship.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates