October 20, 2019, 01:12:14 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea Sunday 17th March 4.30pm  (Read 9770 times)

March 15, 2019, 03:34:13 PM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

Not sure, haven't really watched him due to him being a dirty rat.

Just interesting for a player we'd all say we are better off without, proven right that he was shite etc.
............I don't think he's shite but he seems to be a peripheral figure at Chelsea .He's a neat and tidy player now  ,doesn't try to do much and I'm only half joking when I say he seems to keep out of the way .Chelsea have more creative players so he's not under the pressure he was here.
Anyway he was an unused sub last night so probably start on Sunday. I didn't like the way he left but I don't bear any grudges either.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 15, 2019, 03:44:10 PM
Reply #31

Cereal Killer

3 goals, 4 assists and 1.49 chances created per 90.

That's roughly 7x as many as Andre Gomes.

Don't they only pick him against the shit teams as they rest the preferred XI?

March 15, 2019, 03:49:15 PM
Reply #32

Gash

Global Moderator
Not sure, haven't really watched him due to him being a dirty rat.

Just interesting for a player we'd all say we are better off without, proven right that he was shite etc.

He had spell in October when he scored three goals and three assists and the media started commenting about how great he was now that he was playing for a top manager and with top players. Since then he's scored no goals in the league, a couple against Malmo in Europe, got one assist and one yellow card. Weird really, because we all thought he was a confidence player yet since October when you'd think he'd be buzzing it's all gone a bit pear shaped again.

March 15, 2019, 04:11:37 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He had spell in October when he scored three goals and three assists and the media started commenting about how great he was now that he was playing for a top manager and with top players. Since then he's scored no goals in the league, a couple against Malmo in Europe, got one assist and one yellow card. Weird really, because we all thought he was a confidence player yet since October when you'd think he'd be buzzing it's all gone a bit pear shaped again.

He's just a very peaky player isn't he.

Ultimately I think getting rid was the right thing to do. Would walk into our midfield of course but you can't build a side around someone like that, don't know if you're getting Ballack or Ballsack.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 15, 2019, 04:18:06 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well sign him within the next two years.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 15, 2019, 04:24:46 PM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
Well sign him within the next two years.

Newcastle all over him.

March 15, 2019, 06:33:17 PM
Reply #36

sam of the south

Newcastle all over him.

Along with the fists of jilted boyfriends
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

March 15, 2019, 07:08:48 PM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

Overall, I think we are best suited to move on and look forward.

Barkley did cause us real harm, though.  Fully understand the bad blood.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 15, 2019, 08:25:16 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On a positive note, they scored 5 goals last night against Dynamo Kiev away, Giroude hat trick etc.
Could be they become complacent against us ?

March 15, 2019, 08:57:52 PM
Reply #39

bigmanbob

don't know if you're getting Ballack or Ballsack.
Tremendous

March 15, 2019, 09:50:56 PM
Reply #40

Juanito

Pickford
Coleman  Keane  Mina  Digne
   Gana Schnerderlin Gomes
Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard

March 15, 2019, 09:51:03 PM
Reply #41

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Don't they only pick him against the shit teams as they rest the preferred XI?
So he's guaranteed a place for Sunday? Sorry, still suffering from last week's debacle.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

March 15, 2019, 11:50:10 PM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
                Pickford
Coleman  Keane  Mina  Digne
   Gana Schnerderlin Gomes
Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard

If he's here beyond the summer we need a way of using him.

Worry about his lack of pace and mobility in that position but yano, worth a go at some point, maybe not v these though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 16, 2019, 12:22:26 AM
Reply #43

Juanito

If he's here beyond the summer we need a way of using him.

Worry about his lack of pace and mobility in that position but yano, worth a go at some point, maybe not v these though.

Thought about using him how we used Naismith as a false 9 like against Arsenal at Goodison 3-0 and Chelsea 3-1.  Not to say would be the same but I remember Lukaku and Mirallas breaking at pace on the flanks and Naismith arriving late to score in a 4-3-3.

I would imagine Lookman would also get more joy in a 4-3-3, knowing we have three players sitting and helping full backs etc.

March 16, 2019, 12:43:13 AM
Reply #44

Alanvideo

What a twat of a kick off time, as if 4pm on a Sunday isn't bad enough. It's not like there's three games on but the early game isn't until 2.15pm for some reason.
...................maybe 4-30 isn't a bad shout ,hail showers forecast for earlier clearing later to sunny intervals.  :whistle:
We are special ,we are Everton.