April 19, 2019, 06:15:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (Read 5857 times)

March 19, 2019, 12:58:01 AM
Read 5857 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Despite Everton getting the cheque book out and splashing the cash in recent years, one of their least expensive purchases in Calvert-Lewin has started to show the fans his raw talent.

Source: The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin

March 19, 2019, 04:09:31 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Richarlison ‘a midfielder’ 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 19, 2019, 11:57:53 PM
Reply #2

Bob Latcford

There is no doubt, the kid is getting better, just needs another striker to share the load

March 20, 2019, 02:12:24 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

Hopefully all our emerging young talents will get more time to shine ..not just DCL  (though hes really thriving) but Lookman, Jjk, Henry ,Davies etc .
Born not made a blue .

March 20, 2019, 02:18:41 AM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

Gained the beef he was lacking
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 20, 2019, 03:18:46 AM
Reply #5

D15TIN

March 20, 2019, 05:13:53 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

If he gets into double figures this season, quite achievable as he's currently on 8, then to have your striker, wide forward and attacking midfielder all hitting double figures in an otherwise underwhelming campaign shows us that we're not too far away from being on track attacking-wise.

The issue then is reducing the amount of silly goals we concede and what to do with the midfield in the summer.

March 20, 2019, 07:45:55 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

If he gets into double figures this season, quite achievable as he's currently on 8, then to have your striker, wide forward and attacking midfielder all hitting double figures in an otherwise underwhelming campaign shows us that we're not too far away from being on track attacking-wise.

The issue then is reducing the amount of silly goals we concede and what to do with the midfield in the summer.

People talk about bringing in a "15-20 goal scorer for CF" - when if DCL had only played starter's minutes...we would have one on this season's form.  Even without factoring in any likely improvement with experience.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 20, 2019, 09:08:59 PM
Reply #8

D15TIN

People talk about bringing in a "15-20 goal scorer for CF" - when if DCL had only played starter's minutes...we would have one on this season's form.  Even without factoring in any likely improvement with experience.
Not sure I agree there, he's showing good signs now in the last 3 games, prior to that though he was looking out of his depth and that's the reason why he couldn't hold down a place, he can be our 2nd choice next season, still fully believe if we want to achieve anything we need that 20 goal striker, we'll be sat here this time next season regretting why we didn't sign that player otherwise I think

March 20, 2019, 09:21:24 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

I think it's clicking on for Dom.  I suspect what is more feasible is us bringing in a "1B" to DCL's "1A" role.  Someone better than Tosun, but more complementary to DCL rather than pushing him aside.

That combo should, in my view, definitely get to 15-20.

This seems consistent with how Brands views the roster/rebuild project.  If that arrangement fails, I could see us making a larger move in the summer of 2020.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 21, 2019, 12:18:02 AM
Reply #10

SANA_DR0

and to think, most of NSNO hated him.. (still may do)

England under 21 player of the year!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 21, 2019, 12:22:31 AM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
and to think, most of NSNO hated him.. (still may do)

England under 21 player of the year!
Not seen anyone on here hate him
Simply simply lovely

March 21, 2019, 12:31:05 AM
Reply #12

D15TIN

Yeah I don't think any Evertonian hates/hated him, just a lot think he may or may not be good enough - I was firmly in the I don't think he's good enough camp, but the last few performances are making me think twice - his jumping technique for headers reminds me so much of Cahills it's weird

March 21, 2019, 12:35:15 AM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

I think it's clicking on for Dom.  I suspect what is more feasible is us bringing in a "1B" to DCL's "1A" role.  Someone better than Tosun, but more complementary to DCL rather than pushing him aside.

That combo should, in my view, definitely get to 15-20.

This seems consistent with how Brands views the roster/rebuild project.  If that arrangement fails, I could see us making a larger move in the summer of 2020.

Jesus. Are we really talking about signing an understudy for him instead of signing someone better than him? It would be a frightening lack of ambition. He’s done nothing to suggest he’s ready to lead the line for a good side

March 21, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, while at the same time being not entirely convinced.

Hope he has a great run in to the end of the season, but I'd be amazed if we weren't shopping for a first choice striker in the summer.