October 17, 2019, 10:01:41 PM

Author Topic: [News]The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (Read 12129 times)

March 21, 2019, 02:02:00 AM
Reply #15

Morta75

What I have seen from DCL the last 2 months give me hope. He has improved his all over ability a lot. Keep this up and he will become very good for us  :woohoo:

March 21, 2019, 02:41:11 AM
Reply #16

stirlingblue

I dont think hes at the level that we aspire to be (challenging Top 6) but hes clearly on an upwards trajectory.

The worst situation for me is that we sign someone older who is only slightly better (like Callum Wilson or Batshuayi). Unless we can get someone young and exciting or old and much better then Id stick with DCL and focus the rebuild elsewhere

March 21, 2019, 05:37:11 AM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, while at the same time being not entirely convinced.

Hope he has a great run in to the end of the season, but I'd be amazed if we weren't shopping for a first choice striker in the summer.

My thoughts entirely.

I want words with Brands if hes starting upfront at the start of the season.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 21, 2019, 05:51:54 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We could live with him up front next year, especially if he continues to prove infront of our eyes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 21, 2019, 05:12:02 PM
Reply #19

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think another big squad overhaul is something we could cope with.

I genuinely think we should just look at ripping up and recreating the midfield and that's about it.

Replace the likes of Tosun if he goes with someone to compete with DCL.
But DCL, Richarlison & tosun-replacement should be enough to get 15 goals from a starting-striker position next year.

Invest the big-bucks in the middle. Give DCL another season to see if he can prove himself.
Kids dont develop on a bench.

March 21, 2019, 05:57:32 PM
Reply #20

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Oh, and sort the fucking defending of set-pieces out in the summer. By hook or crook.
100% of coaching time should be spent on that, so bedding in another striking option would take up time we do not have.

March 21, 2019, 06:24:28 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, we need a striker.

He would still get plenty of minutes being second choice.

Feel like we're over egging him a bit now. The teams around us have Jimenez, Vardy, Arni, Wilson, in their ranks.

We need someone who'll lead the line and get us at the least 12+ goals a season. Otherwise it's hello 9th place again
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 21, 2019, 06:31:30 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

He'd still get plenty of games if we got rid of Tosun, Niasse and the rest of our expendable forward players to bring in another striker for him to compete against.

We can't be going into a new season with him as the recognised option up front. If nothing else if he got injured we're left woefully short.

March 22, 2019, 02:10:48 AM
Reply #23

Cereal Killer

March 22, 2019, 02:10:59 AM
Reply #24

SANA_DR0

Not seen anyone on here hate him

what really?

loads have said he's not good enough, that he's shit, he needs to be replaced, we need a proper striker.. etc
been going on all season, if not longer.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 22, 2019, 02:12:37 AM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
what really?

loads have said he's not good enough, that he's shit, he needs to be replaced, we need a proper striker.. etc
Stating you dont think a player is good enough is not player hate
Simply simply lovely

March 22, 2019, 02:26:10 AM
Reply #26

Dr. Sponge

I like him, but we definitely need to add another central attacking threat. The second DCLs form dips next season wed lose our heads if we were still turning to Niasse and Tosun to save us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 22, 2019, 02:32:42 AM
Reply #27

Bally

Administrator
and to think, most of NSNO hated him.. (still may do)

England under 21 player of the year!
Who hates him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

March 22, 2019, 02:53:19 AM
Reply #28

KoemansNumberTens

what really?

Sounds like youre describing my mum (if you added chubby) I love her to bits though

March 22, 2019, 03:15:41 AM
Reply #29

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Keep DCL, add a more experienced head into the mix and bin the rest.

DCL should be aiming for about 30 games in all comps next year youd think? On his current development path Id say thats fair amount of top-end footy for a 21/22 yr old striker.

I think the club will have let him down if he plays another 40-odd games next year.