August 22, 2019, 08:03:24 AM

Author Topic: [News]The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (Read 9454 times)

August 11, 2019, 10:46:10 PM
Reply #195

eyesalwaysblue

As someone mentioned in our matchday thread a big problem with us is we just never control a certain period of a game. We can score, and we might score. But we never hold a period of time were we are properly dominating and pushing forward. I dont know what the answer is. But if you put DCL in say spurs team I think hed look like a completely different player. As it stands he wins headers and then is trying to win the second ball himself
We either fire from the off and we are as good as anyone-ish, our end of season showed that, the trouble comes when it's not working, the manager for whatever reason is slow to work out what's wrong and what needs to be changed/tried to improve once a game's underway..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 11, 2019, 11:35:58 PM
Reply #196

GrantyBoy78

Would anybody give kean and DCL a go and leave gylfi out for a bit.
If we played 2 up top in a 442, wed surrender the numbers in midfield. Theres the potential to play 352 (I think this would be the best way to accommodate Holgate or Gibson), but then a lot of teams play 1 up front so wed have 3 CBs marking 1 player.

I understand the calls for Sigg being dropped but even though he was shut yesterday, he was still our biggest goal threat. You cant take his 13 goals out of this team unless someone seriously steps up...and I dont think that player is in this squad.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 11, 2019, 11:52:48 PM
Reply #197

gizzblue

If we played 2 up top in a 442, wed surrender the numbers in midfield. Theres the potential to play 352 (I think this would be the best way to accommodate Holgate or Gibson), but then a lot of teams play 1 up front so wed have 3 CBs marking 1 player.

I understand the calls for Sigg being dropped but even though he was shut yesterday, he was still our biggest goal threat. You cant take his 13 goals out of this team unless someone seriously steps up...and I dont think that player is in this squad.

While I do like Sig as a player I would also add you can't in reality count his number as a midfielder as he doesn't do enough further back .....maybe go the other way and play  sig off Keane .
Born not made a blue .

August 12, 2019, 12:02:21 AM
Reply #198

Omar

While I do like Sig as a player I would also add you can't in reality count his number as a midfielder as he doesn't do enough further back .....maybe go the other way and play  sig off Keane .

I was thinking that too. Worth a try.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 12, 2019, 12:04:23 AM
Reply #199

Lxxx

Would it be better to move him over to the left to replace our other hard worker but who has little end product.

That way we keep his goal threat, we add Iwobi who is a more progressive player in his position and we hopefully maintain the balance. 

August 12, 2019, 12:30:04 AM
Reply #200

Dr. Sponge

Would it be better to move him over to the left to replace our other hard worker but who has little end product.

That way we keep his goal threat, we add Iwobi who is a more progressive player in his position and we hopefully maintain the balance.
Has Iwobi played much centrally? I dont actually know.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 12, 2019, 12:41:43 AM
Reply #201

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If were going two up top then its Richarlison and kean for me.

Bernard and iwobi out wide.

Gbamin and Gomes as the middle two.

Reckon that would work well.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 01:12:16 AM
Reply #202

Waltzer

If were going two up top then its Richarlison and kean for me.

Bernard and iwobi out wide.

Gbamin and Gomes as the middle two.

Reckon that would work well.

I wouldnt mind the following and let Sig/Bernard and Ricky switch as much as they want, I wouldnt be surprised if we're too far off that in a few weeks?

Picks

Coleman            Keane         Mina             Digne

Gomes         Gbamin          Iwobi

Sig/Bernard               Richarlison

Kean 

August 12, 2019, 01:16:33 AM
Reply #203

Heisenberg

I wouldnt mind the following and let Sig/Bernard and Ricky switch as much as they want, I wouldnt be surprised if we're too far off that in a few weeks?

Picks

Coleman            Keane         Mina             Digne

Gomes         Gbamin          Iwobi

Sig/Bernard               Richarlison

Kean 

This is what I want to see. Specially putting our best player back in his best position

August 12, 2019, 01:29:27 AM
Reply #204

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If he was championship standard hed be playing there by now.

Every manager weve had since he come here has had a role for him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 02:32:58 AM
Reply #205

KoemansNumberTens

If he was championship standard hed be playing there by now.

Every manager weve had since he come here has had a role for him.

Hes very fortunate as hes had very little to compete against. Niasse is terrible and Tosan cant play our system so hes played by default. Weve signed kean now so hes our attacking sub by default. Hes done nothing to suggest hed get minutes for a side with reasonable options up front. There really arent many teams hed be the best striker at. Probably none though his age does mitigate that to an extent.

August 12, 2019, 03:02:58 AM
Reply #206

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hes very fortunate as hes had very little to compete against. Niasse is terrible and Tosan cant play our system so hes played by default. Weve signed kean now so hes our attacking sub by default. Hes done nothing to suggest hed get minutes for a side with reasonable options up front. There really arent many teams hed be the best striker at. Probably none though his age does mitigate that to an extent.

You have a limited understanding of the role he is being asked to play.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 03:05:48 AM
Reply #207

KoemansNumberTens

You have a limited understanding of the role he is being asked to play.

People accuse me of hating him but as youve pointed out here we have too much in common for that to be true