October 17, 2019, 10:08:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (Read 12131 times)

April 07, 2019, 10:22:20 PM
Reply #60

Jamokachi

I am being positive, he's doing better than what I thought he would, but eventually you do need a striker to score goals and he rarely looks like he's going to. It's not being negative, it's starting the obvious

Twenty two years old. Twenty two. Just. Let that sink in before banging on about his goal return. So yea, it's focusing on the negative. The fact you can't even see that show's how oblivious you are to your constant negativity.

April 07, 2019, 10:26:39 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

I wish people would drop this tired line. Of course we need more options, but it has nothing to do with the development of one of the country's top young players.

You’re trying to find an argument when there’s none to have. We’re all on the same page here, we’re just describing reality.

April 07, 2019, 10:27:27 PM
Reply #62

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You wrong here Jamo. He does what he does well but we need a goal scorer. Him leading our line is good for 7th, maybe 6th but if we have ambitions to be top 4, we need him to become a goal scorer quick or get one in.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 07, 2019, 10:29:43 PM
Reply #63

MarcusFenix

He was boss, he is boss.

But, we need someone to net

Sigurdsson and Richarlison say hi.

When Calvert-Lewin plays there is a far better cohesion in our attacking play compared to anything else we could utilise there He also scored the winning goal in the Under 20 World Cup final, but that means nothing?
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

April 07, 2019, 10:29:54 PM
Reply #64

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's still going to get loads of games even if we get a striker in, I think he's going to be something special.

April 07, 2019, 10:30:01 PM
Reply #65

Jamokachi

You’re trying to find an argument when there’s none to have. We’re all on the same page here, we’re just describing reality.

It's an utterly redundant point though, so why keep harping on?

April 07, 2019, 10:30:57 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

Twenty two years old. Twenty two. Just. Let that sink in before banging on about his goal return. So yea, it's focusing on the negative. The fact you can't even see that show's how oblivious you are to your constant negativity.
this isn't kindergarten its top flight football, you need to give people time to develop but eventually they need to start doing what they're paid to do, in his case score goals. We've absolutely battered West Ham had 20+ shots against Arsenal and our striker, despite playing really well, didn't look like scoring. All I'm saying is whilst other elements have really impressed me my views on his ability to score haven't

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 07, 2019, 10:31:50 PM
Reply #67

Jamokachi

You wrong here Jamo. He does what he does well but we need a goal scorer. Him leading our line is good for 7th, maybe 6th but if we have ambitions to be top 4, we need him to become a goal scorer quick or get one in.

Hey, have you heard the sky is blue?

April 07, 2019, 10:32:58 PM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson and Richarlison say hi.

When Calvert-Lewin plays there is a far better cohesion in our attacking play compared to anything else we could utilise there He also scored the winning goal in the Under 20 World Cup final, but that means nothing?

Not denying any of that but he isn’t enough of a threat.

His goal in the under 20s does mean fuck all really.

I just want to see him become more of a goalscorer if we’re talking about him being the main man up top.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 07, 2019, 10:33:45 PM
Reply #69

Jamokachi

this isn't kindergarten its top flight football, you need to give people time to develop but eventually they need to start doing what they're paid to do, in his case score goals. We've absolutely battered West Ham had 20+ shots against Arsenal and our striker, despite playing really well, didn't look like scoring. All I'm saying is whilst other elements have really impressed me my views on his ability to score haven't

Fucking hell, where's a better striker in the league right now att the same age (bar Jesus as I mentioned)?

Kindergarten. Haha, fuck off.

April 07, 2019, 10:38:40 PM
Reply #70

Waltzer

Fucking hell, where's a better striker in the league right now att the same age (bar Jesus as I mentioned)?

Kindergarten. Haha, fuck off.
What has age got to do with it, he doesn't get given goals for being young you know! I could easily name you lots of strikers and goal scorers that are better than him and that's what the measure should be.

April 07, 2019, 10:40:56 PM
Reply #71

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

His goal in the under 20s does mean fuck all really.

I just want to see him become more of a goalscorer if we’re talking about him being the main man up top.

Totally agree he's shown he has a long term future here for sure but to be the main man right now he needs to be hitting higher numbers

April 07, 2019, 10:41:58 PM
Reply #72

MarcusFenix

Maybe, possibly he isn't enough of a goal threat, but I think in reality a club of our current stature is going to struggle to attract an Aguero, Aubameyang level of striker. We may or not not get lucky by signing another Lukaku type, and even if we do, how many seasons is it before the prolific goalscorer decides he is too big for us?

I'm kind of hoping that Calvert-Lewin can grow organically with the likes of Bernard, Richarlison around him. 

April 07, 2019, 10:42:47 PM
Reply #73

MarcusFenix

What has age got to do with it, he doesn't get given goals for being young you know! I could easily name you lots of strikers and goal scorers that are better than him and that's what the measure should be.

Who? Would we get them?

April 07, 2019, 10:43:04 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

It's an utterly redundant point though, so why keep harping on?

I’ve made one post about it.

He’s boss and hopefully will get even better. His all round game makes the team play with more balance and today he was immense.

You do however need your man up top to look like he’ll trouble the scorers and, whilst that may well be DCL at some stage in the future, it doesn’t look like him at present.

It’s not a criticism of the lad it’s just a fact.