October 21, 2019, 09:44:03 PM

Author Topic: Outs during summer  (Read 70464 times)

March 28, 2019, 09:00:01 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Been arguably the worst period of transfer decision making in living history hasn't it.

Walsh's greatest hits are :

Gueye deffo
Lookman maybe
Vlasic maybe
Onyekuru maybe
Sigurdsson split opinions on that one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 28, 2019, 10:36:43 PM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

Been arguably the worst period of transfer decision making in living history hasn't it.

Gueye deffo
Lookman maybe
Vlasic maybe
Onyekuru maybe

Lookman maybe
Vlasic maybe
Onyekuru maybe

I have to say they are all 'No's so far. Don't get me wrong - I am keen on keeping those three and seeing what happens, but we've seen nothing yet. Admittedly, only two of them have had a pop at getting in the team, but all three have definite potential that I'm sure they've not got even close to yet.

So that leaves Gueye and possibly Sigurdsson.

That is very poor!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 28, 2019, 11:06:59 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe big Micky Kegstand, but he's very much a maybe for me like.

Walcott filled a hole like, but was still a bad use of money to tie us to another contract like that.

The rest unequivocal flops or poor buys.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2019, 03:09:14 PM
Reply #33

Morta75

Contract end dates for those

Jagielka 30/06/2019
Bolasie 30/06/2021
Ramirez 30/06/2021
Walcott 30/06/2021
Martina 30/06/2020
McCarthy 30/06/2020
Schneiderlin 30/06/2021
Niasse 30/06/2020
Besic 30/06/2021
Mirallas 30/06/2020
A.Williams 30/06/2019
Garbutt 30/06/2020

Maybe out's: Baines 30/06/2019, Tosun 30/06/2022, Galloway 30/06/2020

Can add: Tarashaj 30/06/2020, Dowell 30/06/2021 & Pennington 30/06/2021

source is transfermarket.co.uk
Will not be an easy summer for Mr.Brands. Can't see us making to many signings unless we can off load some off the players mention above... As u say most likely many of them will go back out on loan to various clubs, but still we probably need to pay some off the wages during loan spell.

March 29, 2019, 03:16:20 PM
Reply #34

Macca77

Deffo time to cash in on Lookman

March 29, 2019, 03:18:48 PM
Reply #35

Morta75

Brands has his work cut out again in the summer. Last summer was always about plastering over the cracks and they did well to get rid of a lot of the players on loan but a few are going to come back from fairly poor loans and we'll need to try and ship them out again. Fuck knows what we're going to do with the likes of Niasse, Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie etc who are all on big money. Then there's all the fringe players just hanging around as well that we never even managed to get loaned out.

Baines might get an extension on heavily reduced wages, Williams wages will be off and probably Jags as well. Other than that there's some really worrying shite with a least year left on their contracts and earning decent money. I reckon we could clear out 10-12 players and only bring three or four quality ones in and be in a far healthier position, certainly financially and also in terms of a decent, smaller group to work with. There's absolutely no reason for a squad our size, especially without Europe.
Yes he's gone got a busy summer Brands... Will not be easy to sort things out without taking big loose on players or pay much off wages during loan spell.
I like Baines and agree that he's a good back up, but as u say will have to take a big reduce in wages to stay on. If not give one of the youngsters a chance to prove themself. I would like to see what A.Robinson could offer us as back up. Been okay for Wigan so fare this season.

March 30, 2019, 08:32:05 PM
Reply #36

BlueNoseMike

Gueye deffo
Lookman maybe
Vlasic maybe
Onyekuru maybe

I'd throw Pickford in too. He will come good

March 30, 2019, 08:55:22 PM
Reply #37

American Evertonian

Wonder how much we can truly hope to recoup in selling deadweight...

Inflated contracts are going to make these players tough to move unless they take massive paycuts.
Are we there yet?

March 30, 2019, 10:02:46 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how much we can truly hope to recoup in selling deadweight...

Inflated contracts are going to make these players tough to move unless they take massive paycuts.

Yeah at this point it's more about trying to free up wages I think.

If the rumours are true then theres money to spend, but we need to clear wages first. Seems sensible.

March 31, 2019, 08:28:04 PM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
In an ideal world:

Goalkeepers
Pickford
Stekelenburg
Virginia

Defenders
Coleman
Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Zouma
Jagielka
Mina
Digne
Baines
Garbutt
Williams
Robinson
Martina
Pennington

Midfielders
Andre Gomes
Gana
Davies
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Dowell
Sigurdsson
Connolly
Vlasic
Besic
Joe Williams

Wingers
Richarlison
Bernard
Walcott
Lookman
Onyekuru
Mirallas
Bolasie

Strikers
DCL
Tosun
Niasse
Tarashaj
Sandro

March 31, 2019, 09:29:02 PM
Reply #40

Elgoodo1978

Strikers
DCL
Tosun
Niasse
Tarashaj
Sandro

Fucking hell thats grim, when you see it like like that.

Gives Silva a lot more credibility with recent results

March 31, 2019, 09:32:45 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Then add :

Goalkeepers
Pickford
Virginia

Defenders
Coleman
Kenny (Loan)
Holgate
Keane
Zouma
Mina
Digne
Baines
Robinson
Long term RB

Midfielders
Andre Gomes
Gana
Davies
Dowell
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Joe Williams
Sanagre

Wingers
Richarlison
Bernard
Lookman
Onyekuru
Leao

Strikers
DCL
Haller

April 01, 2019, 02:17:59 AM
Reply #42

penguinofdoom1878

Deffo time to cash in on Lookman

him not getting on yesterday when cruising and Walcott being thrown on instead has made me think you might be right and we will cash in on him in the summer...watch Lookman be ace for some German Champions League side.

April 01, 2019, 06:01:10 PM
Reply #43

charlatan

Schneiderlin needs to go and is on 120k a week

April 01, 2019, 06:28:27 PM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

We all know who needs to go. Brands isn't an idiot. It's hard shifting average players on massive wages.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.