April 19, 2019, 05:17:26 PM

Author Topic: Outs during summer  (Read 4717 times)

April 01, 2019, 07:26:54 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

It's all well and good us saying who can go, its a lot harder selling them

April 01, 2019, 08:55:48 PM
Reply #46

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman is an obvious saleable asset who either hasn't got the right attitude or isn't the right fit. Cashing in on him in the summer is the only sensible choice. I can see a lot going on loan next season to reduce the wage bill

April 01, 2019, 09:00:10 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

I can see us putting aside quite a bit of money in this years figures, either in subsidising loan deals or paying off players to make any moves make financial sense for them to leave.

We don't have too many large saleable assets to make inroads into the cost of permanent moves for Zouma and/or Gomes so it might be a frustrating summer which might not match the quality of the last one.

April 01, 2019, 09:01:24 PM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I can see us putting aside quite a bit of money in this years figures, either in subsidising loan deals or paying off players to make any moves make financial sense for them to leave.

We don't have too many large saleable assets to make inroads into the cost of permanent moves for Zouma and/or Gomes so it might be a frustrating summer which might not match the quality of the last one.

Yeah I don't think we'll bring in loads of players and people will forget Zouma and Gomes aren't actually our players. The outs matter going forward more than the ins at the moment

April 01, 2019, 10:26:38 PM
Reply #49

stirlingblue

Lookman is an obvious saleable asset who either hasn't got the right attitude or isn't the right fit. Cashing in on him in the summer is the only sensible choice. I can see a lot going on loan next season to reduce the wage bill

This makes sense if there are two decent sides interested in him.

Otherwise, it’s quite public that he isn’t clicking here so we’ll get hit by lowball offers

April 02, 2019, 01:30:57 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rumour : 12 fringe players to be sold, £500k weekly wages and around £40m in fees

https://twitter.com/EFC_Insider/status/1112782852071063552?s=19
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 02, 2019, 01:35:21 AM
Reply #51

Macca77

Rumour : 12 fringe players to be sold, £500k weekly wages and around £40m in fees

https://twitter.com/EFC_Insider/status/1112782852071063552?s=19

A long overdue spring clean

April 02, 2019, 01:37:19 AM
Reply #52

Gash

Global Moderator
Sounds about right.

April 10, 2019, 11:12:00 AM
Reply #53

Buck76

I think most would agree Brands is doing a fantastic job and is key to getting us back were we belong.

Looking at the player turnover required to streamline our current squad and make room for additions its astonishing the amount of deadwood we have clogging up the wage bill.... we've got a full team plus subs we need rid of and I'm positive Brands will work his magic, but if he can get rid of this lot in the summer I don't think he'd ever buy a pint again in his life...

Stekelenburg (free)

Martina (1m) Besic (4m) Williams (free) Garbutt (1m)

Bolasie(7m) McCarthy(6m) Schnederlin(8m) Walcott(10m)

Tosun(15m) Niasse(5m)  - Subs: - Mirallas(2m) Sandro(4m)

Thats 13 players off the books, about 60m in potential sales & (appox 700k a week in wages gone) - Basically One Top Player Now Days  :Sick:

& I've not included Jags & Baines. (1yr ext)

Now I know we've no chance of a player turnaround like that and its extreme but all those listed go for me before we even consider bids for the likes of :-
Vlasic, Lookman, Onyekuru or Gueye (if they push for it).

Hopefully Brands has got a Chinese Language School going at finch farm and we can sell to them in bulk.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:13:16 AM by Buck76 »

April 10, 2019, 12:27:43 PM
Reply #54

Zoolander

Agree on what you’re saying but think you’re overestimating what we’ll get for Bolasie, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Walcott and Tosun to be honest. You can probably knock 1/3 off those figures. I could be wrong like.
Going to be hard to shift them, when other teams will know only too well that we need to get shot of players.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 10, 2019, 01:06:55 PM
Reply #55

BlueBeagle

Not seen a single minute of him whilst he's been out on loan but I'd imagine that we'd get more than £4m for Besic seeing as he's played pretty much every game this year for Middlesbrough

April 10, 2019, 03:40:09 PM
Reply #56

Hawkandro

Think we will offer Jags a new deal.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 10, 2019, 04:53:05 PM
Reply #57

Gary1878

Everyone out on loan is expendable, and can see a vast majority of them leaving to clear the wage bill and free up transfer fees for Gomes and potentially Zouma.

Gueye could be the one to produce a hefty transfer fee, as he is contracted until Jun 2022, and we clearly wont want to sell him. If PSG want him and Gueye wants to leave, they should be paying a huge transfer fee of +£40m or at least money plus a player. How we replace him is a whole other story.

April 10, 2019, 05:11:41 PM
Reply #58

Makis

I think 40+ million for Gueye is not going to happen. PSG wanted him in January when prices were high and yet they didn't even meet our price. In the summer they can take their time and find someone else if Gueye isn't available for a reasonable price.

April 10, 2019, 05:22:07 PM
Reply #59

stirlingblue

I think 40+ million for Gueye is not going to happen. PSG wanted him in January when prices were high and yet they didn't even meet our price. In the summer they can take their time and find someone else if Gueye isn't available for a reasonable price.

For any other team you would be right, but you get the feeling that their owners don’t like being told no. If we actually wanted the funds then a cheeky insinuation that they couldn’t afford him wouldn’t go amiss....