October 21, 2019, 10:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Outs during summer  (Read 70474 times)

April 10, 2019, 06:29:29 PM
Reply #60

penguinofdoom1878

I think 40+ million for Gueye is not going to happen. PSG wanted him in January when prices were high and yet they didn't even meet our price. In the summer they can take their time and find someone else if Gueye isn't available for a reasonable price.

I reckon if PSG can be conned into signing Choupo-Moting, that miss aside he's just an awful footballer, I think we can easily get £40m for Gueye.

April 10, 2019, 06:56:24 PM
Reply #61

bigmanbob

I think 40+ million for Gueye is not going to happen.
That's fine cos we don't want him to go, they want him they pay over the odds, like every other fucker does to us

April 10, 2019, 07:07:37 PM
Reply #62

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I think 40+ million for Gueye is not going to happen. PSG wanted him in January when prices were high and yet they didn't even meet our price. In the summer they can take their time and find someone else if Gueye isn't available for a reasonable price.

For a quasi-sovereign entity like PSG, success is the only currency. How much they pay for players really doesn't mean much to them, and if it means spending an extra £10m for Gueye, it's irrelevant. Even with Financial Fairplay rules around, they still don't seem to care.

For a top player like Gueye, where he is on a long contract with 3 years left, and is the type of player in rare supply, we have a valuable commodity on our hands. If they want him, make them pay over the odds.

April 10, 2019, 08:39:38 PM
Reply #63

Hesmenos

Financial Fair Play is an issue for PSG. That is why a player like Choupo-Moting was interesting for them. Likewise Gueye was interesting to them for his relatively cheap value as well as his quality. They were desperate for a DM in January as they were left with only Verratti yet they weren't willing to offer us a price we couldn't refuse.

April 10, 2019, 09:44:57 PM
Reply #64

Buck76

Agree on what you’re saying but think you’re overestimating what we’ll get for Bolasie, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Walcott and Tosun to be honest. You can probably knock 1/3 off those figures. I could be wrong like.
Going to be hard to shift them, when other teams will know only too well that we need to get shot of players.

Maybe right but looking at Transfermarkt as a guide :- (in euros) Bolasie (14m) Doing well on loan, Leeds sniffing - McCarthy (7m) Still only 28 decent gamble for a newly promoted outfit - Schnederlin (15m) Played well last game and has pedigree - Walcott (18m) - Southampton half price sale (fingers crossed) - Tosun (20m) - Very highly rated in Turkey, just a square peg.

So my values were below these, taking into account age and desperation. Hopefully we'll be surprised at the Brands Loss Mitigation Strategy. I'm sure he'll be aiming for double digit sales before committing us to any major spending in the market unless it's a 1st teamer leaving.   

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 10, 2019, 09:54:28 PM
Reply #65

Cereal Killer

No Turkish team is paying 20mill for Tosun! If he went back to Turkey it'll be the standard 2 year loan with the 'option' to buy which is never taken up

April 10, 2019, 09:59:06 PM
Reply #66

Buck76

Not seen a single minute of him whilst he's been out on loan but I'd imagine that we'd get more than £4m for Besic seeing as he's played pretty much every game this year for Middlesbrough

Hopefully, but Middlesbrough don't look like coming up, Transfermarkt value him at 5m euro so it was just a guess at brake even.

But he's coming into his prime (26) 2yrs left on his contract so he defo needs selling in this window.

April 10, 2019, 10:44:05 PM
Reply #67

D15TIN

I think most would agree Brands is doing a fantastic job and is key to getting us back were we belong.

Looking at the player turnover required to streamline our current squad and make room for additions its astonishing the amount of deadwood we have clogging up the wage bill.... we've got a full team plus subs we need rid of and I'm positive Brands will work his magic, but if he can get rid of this lot in the summer I don't think he'd ever buy a pint again in his life...

Stekelenburg (free)

Martina (1m) Besic (4m) Williams (free) Garbutt (1m)

Bolasie(7m) McCarthy(6m) Schnederlin(8m) Walcott(10m)

Tosun(15m) Niasse(5m)  - Subs: - Mirallas(2m) Sandro(4m)

Thats 13 players off the books, about 60m in potential sales & (appox 700k a week in wages gone) - Basically One Top Player Now Days  :Sick:

& I've not included Jags & Baines. (1yr ext)

Now I know we've no chance of a player turnaround like that and its extreme but all those listed go for me before we even consider bids for the likes of :-
Vlasic, Lookman, Onyekuru or Gueye (if they push for it).

Hopefully Brands has got a Chinese Language School going at finch farm and we can sell to them in bulk.

Stekelenburg got an extension im sure he did, early in the season

We wont get 15 or tosun, 10 mill looks ambitious now for Walcott imo with his wages

April 10, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
Reply #68

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

We wont get 15 or tosun, 10 mill looks ambitious now for Walcott imo with his wages

I think you are looking at more like 7/8 for Tosun. I have a suspicion we will keep Walcott, decent squad player to have around.

April 11, 2019, 12:27:35 AM
Reply #69

Buck76

Says June 19 on the OS, surely we wouldn't give him an extension.

Maybe being optimistic with Tosun & Walcott price but we are living in an over inflated market, don't care how much cash we have we need to claw back as much as possible.

April 11, 2019, 12:50:57 AM
Reply #70

Cozzie

Can't remember a time when I have been as excited about the outs as I have the ins for this summer.

April 11, 2019, 01:27:01 AM
Reply #71

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Can't remember a time when I have been as excited about the outs as I have the ins for this summer.

Same. Can’t wait for the clearout.

April 11, 2019, 02:27:59 AM
Reply #72

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's a terrible idea to sell Gueye in the summer.

We won't get 3 quid for Garbutt

April 11, 2019, 10:32:52 AM
Reply #73

Old England Toffee

scarves, umbrellas and boobies

April 11, 2019, 02:58:20 PM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's a terrible idea to sell Gueye in the summer.

We won't get 3 quid for Garbutt

He's not even on the list of 'These Guys Need To Leave Immediately' but quite high on the 'These Guys Have Value But Are Deprecating Due To Age' list.

I love Gueye I really do, he's an absolute ball winning machine, but if the decision gets made to find someone who can do a big portion of that work at a younger age or with some other useful stuff in there, and generate revenue for use elsewhere, then I would completely understand.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.