October 21, 2019, 06:37:21 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton and Umbro extend kit deal  (Read 7948 times)

March 29, 2019, 12:04:09 AM
Read 7948 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Everton and Umbro extend kit deal

Everton Football Club announced today an extended multi-year technical partnership with iconic football brand Umbro.

Source: Everton and Umbro extend kit deal

March 29, 2019, 12:19:06 AM
Reply #1

gizzblue

Gutted thought we were gonna change a bit  ....the last few kits have been meh imho .
Born not made a blue .

March 29, 2019, 12:25:57 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

March 29, 2019, 12:31:22 AM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

95 years old - hUMphreyBROthers
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 29, 2019, 12:37:21 AM
Reply #4

D15TIN

March 29, 2019, 12:44:17 AM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
All they need to do is basically copy that late 70s home kit with the umbro diamonds right down the sleeves, and do a pure Alan Ball style amber away kit and most will probably be happy I think
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 29, 2019, 01:04:28 AM
Reply #6

mikey_blue

Can't stand the Umbro Kits. Always look outdated compared to others.

March 29, 2019, 01:12:36 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't cate about brand really and umbro will always be linked to the blues for me, not that anyone in the city wears umbro in general which isn't great for our rev potential.

I would like to hear about the £££ however.

If there isn't a significant uplift then i will be annoyed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2019, 01:36:08 AM
Reply #8

toshyboy

Disgraceful decision. Keep hearing “drive to be top 6 club commercially” but can’t see any of top 6 in an Umbro kit. Usual spiel about bespoke designs but reality is will be same templates as hull and West Ham

March 29, 2019, 01:39:05 AM
Reply #9

bluenuck

Don't understand some people fuming over this and not knowing the financials...

March 29, 2019, 01:42:45 AM
Reply #10

toshyboy

Don't understand some people fuming over this and not knowing the financials...

They’re not disclosed for a reason.

Plus sometimes it’s not just the money. The kits and brand are both shite

March 29, 2019, 01:55:59 AM
Reply #11

Simon Paul

Administrator
But Nike refused to make baby kits for Everton and made us change our badge to that abomination Tonka Toy job

We do need to be the flagship club though.

But it's an Everton kit. Everton fans will wear it.

March 29, 2019, 01:58:52 AM
Reply #12

toshyboy

But Nike refused to make baby kits for Everton and made us change our badge to that abomination Tonka Toy job

We do need to be the flagship club though.

But it's an Everton kit. Everton fans will wear it.

They will, but will as many as if it was Adidas or Under Armour??. They’ve missed a trick here, it’s not just to kit nowadays it’s all the training gear too, they’d sell loads more then if they had a quality brand. Umbros range, quality and sizes are all shite

March 29, 2019, 02:29:01 AM
Reply #13

BlueBeagle

Let's be honest, we're not exactly worthy of having big brands throwing wads of cash at us to make our gear like United, Arsenal or Liverpool are we?

If this was the best deal on offer to the club and all other opportunities were explored, then I've no issue.

This years offerings look smart IMO. Got one for free from that SportsPesa offer months back and it's fine. Slim fitting and pretty durable, no complaints at all.

Edit: First time I've had a football shirt in about 10 years lolol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:30:42 AM by BlueBeagle »

March 29, 2019, 02:32:05 AM
Reply #14

Jamokachi

Disgraceful decision. Keep hearing “drive to be top 6 club commercially” but can’t see any of top 6 in an Umbro kit. Usual spiel about bespoke designs but reality is will be same templates as hull and West Ham

"Disgraceful" lolol

Does being the only team in a New Balance kit hamper Liverpool's position in the top 6?

It's a kit deal, and likely the best offer on the table. You know zero of the commercial aspects of the deal, as they haven't been released. Calm down eh?