April 19, 2019, 05:17:13 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton and Umbro extend kit deal  (Read 4537 times)

March 29, 2019, 02:52:08 AM
Reply #15

toshyboy

"Disgraceful" lolol

Does being the only team in a New Balance kit hamper Liverpool's position in the top 6?

It's a kit deal, and likely the best offer on the table. You know zero of the commercial aspects of the deal, as they haven't been released. Calm down eh?

Liverpool will be getting a lot more than us and get exclusive designs, not like us with who get templates with West Ham and Huddersfield

There’s a reason no details have been announced, there isn’t even wording like “record deal” or anything in the statement.

It’s not just about the money either you want to sell kits/training gear around the world and advertise the club and it’s much easier with an established higher end brand such as Adidas under armour etc than shitty Umbro. Do any blues honestly wear Umbro outside of anything club related? We may as well as have signed with fuckin Lonsdale

March 29, 2019, 03:04:11 AM
Reply #16

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool will be getting a lot more than us and get exclusive designs, not like us with who get templates with West Ham and Huddersfield

There’s a reason no details have been announced, there isn’t even wording like “record deal” or anything in the statement.

It’s not just about the money either you want to sell kits/training gear around the world and advertise the club and it’s much easier with an established higher end brand such as Adidas under armour etc than shitty Umbro. Do any blues honestly wear Umbro outside of anything club related? We may as well as have signed with fuckin Lonsdale

“Liverpool will be getting a lot more than us” well done Einstein ! Yes they will and so will every other club that plays regular European football, that’s how it works, the bigger the audience the more money you get !  Personally happy to have an English company providing employment in the North West ! Buy British !

March 29, 2019, 03:17:06 AM
Reply #17

toshyboy

"Liverpool will be getting a lot more than us” well done Einstein !

The point wasn’t that they shouldn’t but that there is a reason they are with an “inferior brand” with NB

March 29, 2019, 03:23:24 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

There's a reason no details have been announced, there isn't even wording like "record deal” or anything in the statement.

It's not just about the money either you want to sell kits/training gear around the world and advertise the club and it's much easier with an established higher end brand such as Adidas under armour etc than shitty Umbro. Do any blues honestly wear Umbro outside of anything club related? We may as well as have signed with fuckin Lonsdale

I’m amused that you seem to think no one at the club has researched any of the benefits/risks of the deal. As for the comparison to Lonsdale you’re so far off the mark it’s untrue. Umbro have heritage and pedigree in football, they’ve been making kits for some of the biggest clubs in the world since the 70s.

You’d probably gain a bit more respect if you just said “I don’t like Umbro, I’m disappointed with this deal” rather than peddling conspiracy theories and pure hyperbole.

March 29, 2019, 03:28:12 AM
Reply #19

BlueBeagle

Outside of Adidas, Puma and Under Armour... Who is there really?

Nike were a joke and the designs were a disgrace.

March 29, 2019, 03:28:31 AM
Reply #20

toshyboy

I'm amused that you seem to think no one at the club has researched any of the benefits/risks of the deal. As for the comparison to Lonsdale you're so far off the mark it's untrue. Umbro have heritage and pedigree in football, they've been making kits for some of the biggest clubs in the world since the 70s.

You'd probably gain a bit more respect if you just said "I don't like Umbro, I'm disappointed with this deal” rather than peddling conspiracy theories and pure hyperbole.

Don’t need ur respect pal just venting my frustrations.

Conspiracy theory? Really? just an opinion that happens to differ from yours !!

March 29, 2019, 03:37:18 AM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The point wasn’t that they shouldn’t but that there is a reason they are with an “inferior brand” with NB

“The reason why they are “ Europe and Global fan base probably ten times the size of ours, it’s just plain business.

March 29, 2019, 03:46:06 AM
Reply #22

toshyboy

"The reason why they are " Europe and Global fan base probably ten times the size of ours, it's just plain business.

Nobody’s said any different

March 29, 2019, 03:51:25 AM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nobody’s said any different

I’m not continuing this conversation with you, have a good evening.

March 29, 2019, 03:59:25 AM
Reply #24

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

March 29, 2019, 04:03:01 AM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Lonsdale is a heavy shout in comparison to umbro
Simply simply lovely

March 29, 2019, 04:04:00 AM
Reply #26

Macca77

Not arsed who makes the kit, would like to know how much the new deal is worth though

March 29, 2019, 04:18:34 AM
Reply #27

Thomasmcd

Was hoping for a new kit maker, but umbro arent the worst. I really liked the direction they went a few years back with the 'tailored' range, kits that looked good on and off the pitch, but havent been a fan of any of our kits since the grandad collar one a few seasons back.

I don't get the shouts for bespoke kits, even top clubs don't have them - city, utd, spurs all nike all have kits from templates that nike use the world round, liverpool only have 'bespoke' ones because their kit maker doesnt have anyone else worth bobbins on their books and probably use some of their templates on other teams we haven't even heard of.

Lets not kid ourselves either, I doubt everton as a club sell enough replica kits to make it worthwhile to have a totally bespoke design as opposed to a variation of a template, as much as I'd love us to.

March 29, 2019, 04:19:28 AM
Reply #28

American Evertonian

Nothing but mediocre is good enough. Yawn.
Are we there yet?

March 29, 2019, 04:24:10 AM
Reply #29

gizzblue

Fuck it all bring back la coq kits. :thumbsup:

Or some Sergio leasure wear .
Born not made a blue .