October 19, 2019, 04:51:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton and Umbro extend kit deal  (Read 7940 times)

March 29, 2019, 04:41:58 AM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing but mediocre is good enough. Yawn.

What exactly do you consider to be so bad about Umbro ?

March 29, 2019, 05:48:09 AM
Reply #31

Robber Rodwell

Le Coq Sportif all the way.  Loved their kits

March 29, 2019, 05:51:17 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think @toshyboy is probably right when he says the financials are unlikely to be anything to write home about considering the wording of the release.

Compare it to the Angry Birds press release for example.

Obviously no idea on the commercials of the deal, might be that we've exercised an extension that gives us something preferable that Ryzantzev or whatever his name is thinks is better than shopping around.

Think it's sort of fair enough to be a bit let down tho. Not because umbro is a bit greaty market which it is, but because opportunities to increase kit sponsorship revenue don't come around *that* often and it seems rare that the big boys let one pass them by, whereas this feels in every single way like standing still.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2019, 08:39:02 AM
Reply #33

bluenuck

Think @toshyboy is probably right when he says the financials are unlikely to be anything to write home about considering the wording of the release.

Compare it to the Angry Birds press release for example.

Obviously no idea on the commercials of the deal, might be that we've exercised an extension that gives us something preferable that Ryzantzev or whatever his name is thinks is better than shopping around.

Think it's sort of fair enough to be a bit let down tho. Not because umbro is a bit greaty market which it is, but because opportunities to increase kit sponsorship revenue don't come around *that* often and it seems rare that the big boys let one pass them by, whereas this feels in every single way like standing still.

Well if he put it that way...

March 29, 2019, 12:31:13 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Id have rather got less money and signed with under armour, Nike or Adidas. Umbro are wank and it fucks me off that it's a multi year deal. Yes it's only a top and we're paid for that deal, but their perception in the sporting world isn't great and its similar to the top 6 driving Ferrari and we're in a Ford Focus. Let's be honest this kit deal will be peanuts compared to what we get in other revenue streams so the club could've easily chosen a better brand that would heighten people perception, not just confirm we're stuck in the past.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 29, 2019, 12:59:42 PM
Reply #35

Simon Paul

Administrator
Id have rather got less money and signed with under armour, Nike or Adidas. Umbro are wank and it fucks me off that it's a multi year deal. Yes it's only a top and we're paid for that deal, but their perception in the sporting world isn't great and its similar to the top 6 driving Ferrari and we're in a Ford Focus. Let's be honest this kit deal will be peanuts compared to what we get in other revenue streams so the club could've easily chosen a better brand that would heighten people perception, not just confirm we're stuck in the past.

So you want more revenue for the club but would like them to take a smaller deal, and with a company that won't produce baby kits (Nike) unless we guarantee sales that are beyond our current fan base (which the club would then have to buy and lose more money) ?

Kit manufacturer genuinely means fuck all. I like the brand Luke 1977, but there is no way on earth I'm wearing anything Aston Villa.

Imagine Everton wining the league and some cretin goes "ahhhh they're shit they wear Umbro" - how ridiculous does that sound?

Then imagine someone being amazed that Stoke were relegated wearing Adidas. I mean, it's Adidas, that's worth 10 points in any season right?

March 29, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
Reply #36

Waltzer

So you want more revenue for the club but would like them to take a smaller deal, and with a company that won't produce baby kits (Nike) unless we guarantee sales that are beyond our current fan base (which the club would then have to buy and lose more money) ?

Kit manufacturer genuinely means fuck all. I like the brand Luke 1977, but there is no way on earth I'm wearing anything Aston Villa.

Imagine Everton wining the league and some cretin goes "ahhhh they're shit they wear Umbro" - how ridiculous does that sound?

Then imagine someone being amazed that Stoke were relegated wearing Adidas. I mean, it's Adidas, that's worth 10 points in any season right?
I didn't say anything about more revenue, stated that the deal is peanuts and the odd few million wouldn't make a material difference in the grand scale of things. Right or wrong people are swayed by brands and names and if you want to increase your fan base things like this do matter from my experience, some might say we don't want fans like that but i suspect if you put up 2 tops, 1 Umbro and 1 the other, most people would go for the recognised global brand and not one that you only really get from discount sports shops. But that's just my view and that won't change the fact the deal has been done so I need to deal with it.

March 29, 2019, 01:39:48 PM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. What is happening in here lolol

March 29, 2019, 01:44:57 PM
Reply #38

Simon Paul

Administrator
Haha. What is happening in here lolol
We're all showing how cool we are

Personally speaking if Everton don't sign a kit deal with Gucci when the current one runs down then I'm done with them

March 29, 2019, 01:58:25 PM
Reply #39

Macca77

We're all showing how cool we are

Personally speaking if Everton don't sign a kit deal with Gucci when the current one runs down then I'm done with them

Fuck Gucci, I want Lanvin or Android

March 29, 2019, 02:03:02 PM
Reply #40

Heisenberg

Anyone who wants umbro or or coq sportif is definitely into their 40s. Biffs.

Was already planning buying every Everton under armour half zip under the sun. We canít have anything nice

March 29, 2019, 02:25:58 PM
Reply #41

Free Agent

March 29, 2019, 02:29:27 PM
Reply #42

BlueBeagle

Rather the club lose money and go with a bigger sportswear name who would give you a generic template of a kit worn by about 50 other teams worldwide...

The manufacturer of your kit isn't a mark of prestige. Nike sponsored Northampton a few years ago ffs.

Glad you aren't in charge of counting the beans.

March 29, 2019, 02:38:36 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

I never buy the kit anyway, that's another reason on my list of "unarsed who makes our kits"

March 29, 2019, 02:45:17 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from Everton stuff I donít think Iíve ever bought anything Umbro.

Gives off proper sports direct vibes.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown