April 19, 2019, 05:53:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton and Umbro extend kit deal  (Read 4541 times)

March 29, 2019, 02:46:21 PM
Reply #45

Waltzer

Rather the club lose money and go with a bigger sportswear name who would give you a generic template of a kit worn by about 50 other teams worldwide...

The manufacturer of your kit isn't a mark of prestige. Nike sponsored Northampton a few years ago ffs.

Glad you aren't in charge of counting the beans.
Think this was to me? Taking out personal preferences are you saying you think umbro are on a comparable global footing as others manufacturers mentioned? And you're right, we could've got a generic template as used by City, PSG, Barca etc, to me that would be preferable to one with Hull, Bournemouth and West Ham, but again personal preference. You only need to look at the teams each manufacturer supports to realise how far off being considered one of the top teams we are, that's the prestige element im referring too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 29, 2019, 03:21:30 PM
Reply #46

Morta75

Really don't care as long as it is a good deal finacially compare to what the last deal was.

March 29, 2019, 04:38:23 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from Everton stuff I donít think Iíve ever bought anything Umbro.

Gives off proper sports direct vibes.

Just one of them innit.

Liverpool as a city spends vast amounts on fashion and beauty per capita, especially sportswear, but there's no way you're catching lads walking about town in umbro trabs or trackies.

That said, umbro is traditionally Everton, and changing that for a perceived bigger brand would likely just be a vanity move unless there was improved commercials.

At the moment we're not in the position to negotiate a big deal, so it feels to me that we've exercised an extension. Without knowing more it's hard to say anything beyond does this feel like progress? Probably not but was maybe a safe move.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2019, 04:45:27 PM
Reply #48

Macca77

I'd buy Umbro gear if it was sold in Tesutti, that's where I buy most of my clobber from, proper trendy shop that

March 29, 2019, 04:46:06 PM
Reply #49

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
All I want is non template kits TBH. Would personally love a Kappa, Joma or Lotto kit tbh, but I respect that the masses wouldn't want this

I'd be fine with either a retro blast or something mental and new, just not dull and boring

The Nike/Adidas style templates are my least favourite type of kit. Although some Adidas Originals Everton stuff would be pretty cool

Umbro is a bit safe and boring isn't it, but I will buy the home kit regardless, as I always do

I guess the white kit this season was at least original

Surely its time for an Amber away kit now, that Le Coq Sportif amber away a few years ago was a nice little kit

In terms of money for the kit deal, cant possibly see why we would get the same as Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs, only consistent top 4 finishes/trophies  will get us there
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 29, 2019, 05:29:32 PM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think anyone expects a £65m city style mega deal, but progress especially at this point would be a good sign.

We've changed around the corporate structure and added marketing and commercial staff, including letting ryzantsev take over from that rugby fella, so it would be nice to see us moving forwards.

Where do we rank compared to say West ham, Newcastle, Leicester, etc. I wonder.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2019, 05:47:24 PM
Reply #51

Gary1878

I had some Red Umbro football boots when I was 12. Got called Dorothy the whole season. Funnily enough that was the last time I ever wore Umbro or the colour red

March 29, 2019, 05:56:14 PM
Reply #52

Macca77

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:57:26 PM by Macca77 »

March 29, 2019, 06:12:21 PM
Reply #53

gizzblue

Born not made a blue .

March 29, 2019, 06:13:34 PM
Reply #54

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 29, 2019, 06:52:38 PM
Reply #55

Zoolander

March 29, 2019, 07:10:31 PM
Reply #56

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Get this fella on board, most of his designs are superb

https://twitter.com/EvertonDesigns

https://twitter.com/Mark_AITH/status/1111318502982459393

@Sir Stealth the white one on the top right, the 90s Serie A little number, got you going?

March 29, 2019, 07:24:38 PM
Reply #57

Mouse

Get this fella on board, most of his designs are superb

https://twitter.com/EvertonDesigns

https://twitter.com/Mark_AITH/status/1111318502982459393
The black with salmon sash. Can't resist a sash, Peru 1970 etched on my brain, true love!

Like others, I'd love a really good amber away.

March 29, 2019, 07:26:01 PM
Reply #58

Macca77

March 29, 2019, 07:36:14 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Love the Amber and blue stripes, big dunk style.

The Amber zig zag too, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.