October 19, 2019, 04:21:47 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton and Umbro extend kit deal  (Read 7939 times)

March 29, 2019, 07:37:01 PM
Reply #60

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not overly fussed that we've stayed with Umbro. However, it does worry me a little that this is announced without any indication of the financials. I want to believe that the new management structure will not have sanctioned this wthout a serious review of the options.

Traditions are important but success today depends on investment. Hopefully, this deal reflects that but the lack of detail on the terms does raise concerns.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

March 29, 2019, 07:45:36 PM
Reply #61

Gash

Global Moderator
I've still got an Umbro Everton wooly hat that I bought in 1998 and it's still my 'go to hat'. Best wooly hat I've ever had. :)

March 29, 2019, 08:18:01 PM
Reply #62

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
@Sir Stealth the white one on the top right, the 90s Serie A little number, got you going?

That's got me popping!

Like a vintage Parma kit
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 29, 2019, 08:51:50 PM
Reply #63

Mayor Farnum

Just seems to confirm how little leverage we have in these deals at the moment. Wonder what Admiral and Gola were offering.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 29, 2019, 08:59:25 PM
Reply #64

Thomasmcd

Get this fella on board, most of his designs are superb

https://twitter.com/EvertonDesigns

https://twitter.com/Mark_AITH/status/1111318502982459393

Those are mint, actually like 90% of those designs. And I usually dislike 90% of our kits.

The yellow zig zag from the early 90s is really nice

March 29, 2019, 09:01:18 PM
Reply #65

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not overly fussed that we've stayed with Umbro. However, it does worry me a little that this is announced without any indication of the financials. I want to believe that the new management structure will not have sanctioned this wthout a serious review of the options.

Traditions are important but success today depends on investment. Hopefully, this deal reflects that but the lack of detail on the terms does raise concerns.

Why should they announce it ? They don’t announce the price they negotiated with Carling for beer. Why would you be have cause to be concerned that management have not negotiated the best deal possible ?

March 29, 2019, 09:02:51 PM
Reply #66

Mayor Farnum

Get this fella on board, most of his designs are superb

https://twitter.com/EvertonDesigns

https://twitter.com/Mark_AITH/status/1111318502982459393

Has he just put and Umbro badge and a Sportpesa logo on our last ten or so kits?
Something clever written by someone else.

March 29, 2019, 09:15:25 PM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Looks a bit like that with only one or two exceptions.

March 29, 2019, 09:27:01 PM
Reply #68

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Why should they announce it ? They don’t announce the price they negotiated with Carling for beer. Why would you be have cause to be concerned that management have not negotiated the best deal possible ?
As I wrote, I want to believe they have negotiated the best deal possible and I would be very surprised if the new regime did not insist on the best possible deal. But, no matter how illogical it is, I have a niggle of doubt when it comes to Everton.

You are correct, there is no reason why we should announce the financial details but, I suppose, what I was refering to was more the lack of any reference to the investment aspect of the deal. I may be missing something but I can't even see a mention of the period of the extension other than a vague 'multi-year'.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

March 29, 2019, 09:33:10 PM
Reply #69

Macca77

Its financially better than our previous deal, that's all we need to know.

March 29, 2019, 10:32:42 PM
Reply #70

GrantyBoy78

If we’d been doing better in the league over the last couple of seasons, we’d have had more leverage when negotiating this deal. There may well be financial incentives if we play in Europe and increase exposure of the Umbro brand etc. but we won’t be privy to the finer points of the deal.

As for the brand status, Umbro is a bit disappointing but you’d just have to assume this is the best deal for the club. I read something a while ago about Cardiff’s deal with Adidas. Can’t remember it exactly but it essentially said the financials are awful and that Cardiff missed out on serious revenue, just to align themselves with a prominent brand.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 29, 2019, 10:41:21 PM
Reply #71

Ross

Seriously doubt there’s been any improvement on the deal that’s expiring.

If there had been they’d have made a fuss of it and you’d be seeing “record breaking” and the likes in multiple articles.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 29, 2019, 11:04:28 PM
Reply #72

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You can have an increase without calling it “record breaking” what’s record breaking anyway ? Highest deal in the Premier League ? That’s never going to happen is it.

March 29, 2019, 11:14:03 PM
Reply #73

American Evertonian

What exactly do you consider to be so bad about Umbro ?

Marketing. Lack of global appeal.
Are we there yet?

March 29, 2019, 11:15:19 PM
Reply #74

Ross

The last deal was described as “record breaking” so any increase would inevitably mean the new deal would again be “record breaking”.

Thought that was pretty self evident to be honest.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.