October 21, 2019, 07:39:53 PM

Author Topic: Two Tribes - BT Doc  (Read 3878 times)

March 31, 2019, 05:23:14 AM
Read 3878 times

Thornton_19

Anybody catch this? Thought it was quite good myself although nothing i didnt know already about the cities history.

What did you all think?

March 31, 2019, 05:56:58 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Got it recorded to watch tomorrow.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 31, 2019, 07:42:30 AM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Don't have BT so can't watch it but apparently that buffoon Hatton was all over it.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 31, 2019, 08:29:00 PM
Reply #3

bluegirls

Yeah I've also got it recorded to watch later, looking forward to it, I can't stand that F-ing dickhead hatton. what I want to know is why on earth was he even asked to do a documentary about our fantastic city and club , when it was him and his minins that nearly bankrupted our city, he's just scum in my honest opinion it's all about him and not our brilliant club or city and his voice just goes right through me. NSNO COYB ETID NSNO

Sent from my E6653 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 31, 2019, 10:40:52 PM
Reply #4

SteB

It was Thatcher that bankrupted our city.

March 31, 2019, 10:43:41 PM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
But tye Tories and Labour right will tell you different

March 31, 2019, 10:56:14 PM
Reply #6

SteB

But tye Tories and Labour right will tell you different

They'll try to rewrite history but there will always be people like us around to remind them. Roll on the 8th of April.

March 31, 2019, 10:58:18 PM
Reply #7

Everton Mint

Just watched this.

Quite emotional on the football side, especially the part about the ECWC semi win vs Bayern. And that was the only good thing Hatton described on the film.

Him and Militant were a disgrace... total bullshitters that did nothing for the city or its reputation.

Hesseltine and the genuine people of Liverpool turned around the city.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 01, 2019, 12:06:37 AM
Reply #8

eyesalwaysblue

Liverpool FC is now the Liverpool "nation" according to NBC commentary against Spurs, fucks sake it gets worse the arse licking of that lot.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 01, 2019, 01:34:17 AM
Reply #9

oscar

glossed over Hysel then concentrated on Hillsborough. Typical

April 01, 2019, 01:38:15 AM
Reply #10

Thornton_19

glossed over Hysel then concentrated on Hillsborough. Typical
Hardly mate. It spent a good 10 minutes talking about it and showing footage from it.

April 01, 2019, 01:39:53 AM
Reply #11

Paddockoldie

Managed decline. She hated the fact we'd fight back.

April 01, 2019, 02:17:48 AM
Reply #12

Alanvideo

Just finished watching it , I thought it was a balanced account of actual events from the 1970's to the present day. From a football point of view Everton got a decent amount of attention.
From a political viewpoint ,I'm of an age when I can well remember the militant movement ,personified by Hatton & co. and his ultimate putdown by Kinnock.
The Thatcher goverment were prepared to let Liverpool lapse into managed decline but ,against advice ,she appointed Heseltine to try to regenerate the city. I wouldn't normally stick up for a Tory grandee but I happen to be acquainted with one of Heseltine's aides at the time. Heseltine was determined to ,at least ,try to kick start a revival.
I'm not a scouser but I have spent countless hours exploring and researching Merseyside .In about 1975 my wife and I stayed at the old Holiday Inn in Paradise St.  It was dirt cheap to stay the weekend in Liverpool then  ,just the opposite now. The view from our window was the derelict Albert Dock as shown in Boys from the Black Stuff. Ten years later saw the first shoots of recovery and and now Liverpool is a vibrant ,attractive destination..
As an Evertonian I feel a great affinity to the city and I spend as much time as possible here . The people are great and the ale and scran is cheaper than most parts of the country..
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 01, 2019, 02:43:28 AM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

Not interested in watching anything involving those cunts.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 01, 2019, 02:48:52 AM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Not interested in watching anything involving those cunts.

Same - canít bring myself to watch it at all.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!