October 21, 2019, 06:36:34 AM

Author Topic: Race for Europe*  (Read 14970 times)

April 03, 2019, 03:47:55 AM
Read 14970 times

Shogun

Administrator
*If Man City win the FA Cup and a non-top 4 club fail to win the Champions League

I think Wolves are probably getting 7 points at an absolute minimum from those fixtures and I can't see us getting 11 from our six so got to think it's very unlikely.

April 03, 2019, 03:56:39 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Very small chance we get Europe. Especially with that Wolves win today.

I will take the silver lining and be happy we have another season to get our house in order.

April 03, 2019, 04:08:09 AM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

Only having to focus on domestic games wouldn't be the end of the world next year.

2 crap managers on the trot, a DOF who was borderline criminal with his negligence and a squad jam packed with literal turd.

There's also been scrutiny (rightly so) of Silvas reign so far prior to last month.

Get rid of the garbage, try and get new recruits in early, plan a solid and structured preseason and let's look to make up some ground on those above us next year.

If we make the Europa League, we will not even come close to catching those in the top 6.

April 03, 2019, 04:58:51 AM
Reply #3

indiantoffee1975

Will have got harder after tonights results.
55 points probably gets you 7th. 4 wins out of 6, difficult but not impossible.
Need to beat either Arsenal or Utd at home to stand a chance.

April 03, 2019, 05:32:50 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

Only having to focus on domestic games wouldn't be the end of the world next year.

2 crap managers on the trot, a DOF who was borderline criminal with his negligence and a squad jam packed with literal turd.

There's also been scrutiny (rightly so) of Silvas reign so far prior to last month.

Get rid of the garbage, try and get new recruits in early, plan a solid and structured preseason and let's look to make up some ground on those above us next year.

If we make the Europa League, we will not even come close to catching those in the top 6.

Yep, Wolves can have it, we aren't ready to balance Europe and the Prem.  Nor are we ready to have a transfer window that might make us ready.

6th/7th is next season's target.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 03, 2019, 05:33:49 AM
Reply #5

WeimaranerBlues

Could still make it if we remain unbeaten until the end 10-12pts ,  if wolves had lost tonight and the fact that they have to play watford someone is dropping points ,plus 1 of them is making the Cup final. Whilst one may have a semifinal hangover and the other could focus just on the final.   

But would rather finish with a flourish and build for ago next season , after this seasons inconsistencies -   Wolves will struggle next season as they practically play the same 11 week in week out -  so will need to recruit well for the extra games-

April 03, 2019, 05:43:01 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would be absolutely over the moon with 7th and Europa.

We need it from a club revenue POV and I do think it helps build the clubs image as a club on the up if you are securing European football and treating it like a competition we could go deep in.

Plus, I really want us to be the 7th best team in the league and best placed to kick on. Sick of West ham, Leicester, Watford and Wolves thinking they're bigger and better than us and I'm terrified of them proving it. I want the blues on the up and an unbeaten end to the season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 05:51:21 AM
Reply #7

WeimaranerBlues

i posted above and can see both points of view and will probably change my stance if we achieve it, as making 7th from the position we where in would be a great bonus for the players, but we have seen the pitfalls before in  what the europa league can do if you are not ready for it- 

if it speeds up the process of getting rid of the dead wood and keeping the better players at the club and attracting new players , then why wait -  as nothing is guaranteed  in this business

April 03, 2019, 06:12:17 AM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

We need it from a club revenue POV and I do think it helps build the clubs image as a club on the up if you are securing European football and treating it like a competition we could go deep in.

Plus, I really want us to be the 7th best team in the league and best placed to kick on. Sick of West ham, Leicester, Watford and Wolves thinking they're bigger and better than us and I'm terrified of them proving it. I want the blues on the up and an unbeaten end to the season.

What kind of additional revenue does a run to the knockout stages of the EL bring in?

Pretty sure it'll be almost fuck all.

April 03, 2019, 06:18:51 AM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator

Best way to judge it is Wolves and Watford fans have enjoyed this season and having a great season whilst ourselves and Leicester are not yet there’s only a few points difference.

April 03, 2019, 06:34:57 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Could easily see Wolves have second season syndrome, get into Europe then struggle next year and sack the manager before Christmas, I think Watford would struggle as well.

I don't think we're ready to get in to Europe but if we did get in we'd need to see what the summer brings. Purely from a fan point of view I'd love us to be in Europe, the more games the better and an evening game at Goodison takes a bit of beating.

April 03, 2019, 01:53:04 PM
Reply #11

Cereal Killer

Wolves won't get that many points, they're terrible against the shitty teams....

April 03, 2019, 01:59:13 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

Anyone else get annoyed everytime you hear "best of the rest"?

Just me then

April 03, 2019, 03:32:01 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What kind of additional revenue does a run to the knockout stages of the EL bring in?

Pretty sure it'll be almost fuck all.

Compared to CL it's fuck all.

Compared to fuck all it would be about 15-20m.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:35:58 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 03:34:07 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Would be great to finish 7th, not a disaster if we don't