October 19, 2019, 04:13:11 PM

Author Topic: Race for Europe*  (Read 14951 times)

April 03, 2019, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Best way to judge it is Wolves and Watford fans have enjoyed this season and having a great season whilst ourselves and Leicester are not yet there’s only a few points difference.

I know what you're saying but it doesn't give me any more confidence for next season.

We've been weak and wounded for too long and these clubs have gained what little ground there was imo. Hopefully we kick on next year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 03:56:30 PM
Reply #16

Mayor Farnum

If we qualify for Europe it may force our hand in the transfer market in a way we don't really want to go.

We will need to have a big squad and that may mean keeping players we would rather release.

No bad thing to miss out this year and hope to continue a steady upward curve that is starting to look quite solid.
Something clever written by someone else.

April 03, 2019, 04:01:01 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think if we can't build a squad capable of handling krasnodar or whoever with heavy rotation then it will be another failed summer personally.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 04:23:55 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

We've had a season with a new manager and with another good summer we can kick on again by playing in Europe. I don't get the mentality of putting off success until you're 100% ready.

We've now got a proper structure in place with a competent DoF who sounds like he's backing the man in charge. Let's in turn back them to do their jobs properly and recruit more young, athletic players with the prospect of European football to get us through a long season.

April 03, 2019, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #19

Alanvideo

I think we've left it too late to catch Watford/Wolves but a win over Arsenal could make it interesting . 
Another season without European games could finally see us have good cup runs ,after the twin embarrassments this season.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 03, 2019, 04:55:59 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This squad is more than capable of a campaign in Europe.

We’ve got players like Digne, Bernard, Gomes, Zouma, who are used to European football.

Then players like Gana, Richarlison, Pickford who are players who need to be on a European stage.

Other than coming back a bit early it shouldn’t have that much of an impact.

People forget that under Moyes we dealt with European football just fine.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 03, 2019, 05:17:22 PM
Reply #21

hannu

This squad is more than capable of a campaign in Europe.

We’ve got players like Digne, Bernard, Gomes, Zouma, who are used to European football.

Then players like Gana, Richarlison, Pickford who are players who need to be on a European stage.

Other than coming back a bit early it shouldn’t have that much of an impact.

People forget that under Moyes we dealt with European football just fine.

zouma and gomes may not be here next season

April 03, 2019, 09:00:49 PM
Reply #22

D15TIN

I think we've left it too late to catch Watford/Wolves but a win over Arsenal could make it interesting . 
Another season without European games could finally see us have good cup runs ,after the twin embarrassments this season.
I'd look at their run ins, one of those 2 will have a cup final to look at aswell, they both have tough fixtures coming up

April 03, 2019, 09:01:13 PM
Reply #23

D15TIN

zouma and gomes may not be here next season
im about 99% certain Gomes will be, Zoumas 50/50 I think

Zouma should force his way out of Chelsea, he isn't getting in every week there, this is his chance to be an important player at a good club who should be challenging for Europe every season, and weve got him in the French set up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:02:22 PM by D15TIN »

April 04, 2019, 03:45:51 AM
Reply #24

hannu

im about 99% certain Gomes will be, Zoumas 50/50 I think

Zouma should force his way out of Chelsea, he isn't getting in every week there, this is his chance to be an important player at a good club who should be challenging for Europe every season, and weve got him in the French set up.

would love them to stay, but its not up to us

April 05, 2019, 12:36:02 AM
Reply #25

Deano Blue Boy

Wouldn't the losing finalist get into Europe if City win, and if they don't win, then the winners will get the slot over 7th?

April 05, 2019, 12:54:31 AM
Reply #26

Cereal Killer

Wouldn't the losing finalist get into Europe if City win, and if they don't win, then the winners will get the slot over 7th?

Nope

"From the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League season, however, UEFA does not allow the runners-up to qualify for the Europa League through the competition"

April 05, 2019, 01:14:52 AM
Reply #27

velimski

Yeah knocked that on the head a few years ago.

April 05, 2019, 01:24:37 AM
Reply #28

Deano Blue Boy

Nope

"From the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League season, however, UEFA does not allow the runners-up to qualify for the Europa League through the competition"

Fair enough

April 05, 2019, 01:37:43 AM
Reply #29

D15TIN

They should change Europa back to a straight knockout competition, the group stage just provides too many games