October 21, 2019, 07:13:38 PM

Author Topic: David Neres  (Read 25330 times)

April 12, 2019, 02:30:57 PM
Reply #45

Waltzer

Can't see Lookman being around after this season

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Tbh in not half as worried now if he did go as I was at the beginning of the season. Shown very little to suggest he's good enough

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 12, 2019, 02:40:03 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

I mean sounds like the sort of player we should be after but does he play up too as well?

Even if we sold Walcott you'd have to think with Bernard on the left and Richarlison on the right and Lookman as backup,  wingers just arnt the priority.

You'd want at least 4 wide players for the two positions (injuries, suspensions, loss of form, options off the bench).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 12, 2019, 04:13:43 PM
Reply #47

stirlingblue

You'd want at least 4 wide players for the two positions (injuries, suspensions, loss of form, options off the bench).

Unless we get into Europe if we’re going to have 4 very good players then two won’t be happy to sit on the bench regularly.

Ideally we’d have 5 good players across the front three, so that they can all get minutes if fit.

It didn’t work this season but I do think Richarlison’s future is through the middle. Part of the reason it didn’t work this season is that his replacement on the wing when he played through the middle wasn’t good enough.

April 12, 2019, 08:04:30 PM
Reply #48

D15TIN

Can’t see Lookman being around after this season

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Not arsed anymore, question marks over his attitude and hasn't performed well enough when he's had a chance

April 13, 2019, 08:07:08 PM
Reply #49

Gumpinio

I feel very wary of us spending big on anyone from the dutch league.  Being amazing there means absolutely nothing.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 13, 2019, 09:30:40 PM
Reply #50

Waltzer

I feel very wary of us spending big on anyone from the dutch league.  Being amazing there means absolutely nothing.
I think you're remembering Klassen too much and not Suarez, Robben, Van Nistelrooy, Erikson, Van Persie.
There have been some amazing players come from the Dutch league that probably outweigh the trash. Every transfer has risks, but when you weigh up the pros and cons id say there's more chance of success with this one.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 14, 2019, 05:36:19 AM
Reply #51

Dr. Sponge

Not arsed anymore, question marks over his attitude and hasn't performed well enough when he's had a chance

Lookman really has done fuck all this season hasn’t he.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 17, 2019, 04:09:03 AM
Reply #52

D15TIN

Neres through to a CL semi final, be a lot of competition for him. Missed a pretty easy chance towards the end of the game like

April 17, 2019, 04:25:42 AM
Reply #53

Toffee Tuesdays

Think we'll be able to get rid of Mr. Mirallas or will be be one of our subs on the wing?

April 17, 2019, 05:57:30 AM
Reply #54

Shogun

Administrator
Think we'll be able to get rid of Mr. Mirallas or will be be one of our subs on the wing?

Would you like to join the Kevin Mirallas appreciation club?

April 17, 2019, 06:13:48 PM
Reply #55

Free Agent

Would you like to join the Kevin Mirallas appreciation club?

I fully appreciate that Kevin Mirallas...

...has no further role to play at Everton

May 01, 2019, 03:34:29 AM
Reply #56

Morta75

Not very impressed what I have seen of him so fare in the CL semi...

May 01, 2019, 04:05:18 AM
Reply #57

stirlingblue

That’s why we stand a chance, his decision making and concentration needs work.

If he had the consistency he’d be going to a top team.

May 01, 2019, 05:55:52 AM
Reply #58

Ross

That’s why we stand a chance, his decision making and concentration needs work.

If he had the consistency he’d be going to a top team.

A true and familiar tale of late.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 01, 2019, 06:34:21 AM
Reply #59

TrevorSteven

He was not at his best but neither was Ziyech...or most of the Ajax players to be honest. But he has the ability for sure...

It´s gonna be interesting as Ajax gonna be destroyed this summer. So much qualityplayers at such a young age. They gonna loose: Onana, de Ligt, van de Beek, Neres, de Jong, Ziyech and they also got Dolberg and Mazraoui who soon may be picked up too.

We all know that at least a couple of them gonna become flops just like when the big teams robbed Monaco after a fine spell in the CL. I would rate de Ligt, de Beek and de Jong most highly of these players but if we get Neres we should be super happy.

I really hope Brands has the interest of turning Everton into some kind of Ajax. They show that it is possible to compete against the biggest team with way lower wage budgets. The philosophy of Ajax has been constant for decades and they made themselves attractive towards all the biggest talents in the world because they know they will get playing time. We just got so much to learn from them...

As I understand Everton has a wage spend of approx 84M pounds a year for our senior squad. Ajax has 28M euro for senior AND junior squad. Anyone see a potential for upgrade? Scouting, youth setup and long-term philosphy attracting young talented players would be the way to go.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:38:47 AM by TrevorSteven »