April 19, 2019, 05:25:41 PM

Author Topic: Captain Marvel : Who should we sign?  (Read 1596 times)

April 11, 2019, 03:50:15 AM
Read 1596 times

Thomas

We need a captain type player in the team

Who would you sign? I like Milojevic at Palace and Deeney at Watford but there must be better players out there?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

April 11, 2019, 04:15:15 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We need a captain type player in the team

Who would you sign? I like Milojevic at Palace and Deeney at Watford but there must be better players out there?

They are both utter shite
Simply simply lovely

April 11, 2019, 04:16:45 AM
Reply #2

Thomas

They are both utter shite
I asked for better alternatives for a reason.

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

April 11, 2019, 04:23:10 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I asked for better alternatives for a reason.

Appreciate that but wow, sign shite cos they maybe captain material

Everyone's been banging on here for a while that Coleman is the answer... Are we throwing him under the bus now?

I've never got the obsession with captains personally.... People want someone who screams at the ref, has authority and organises but go mad that neville screamed and pointed and organised

Let's het the best eleven out there, and within that eleven one of them should, baring in mind these lads have played football all their lives and no doubt captained sides, lead us

I want to sign quality footballers, not shite who could be a decent captain tbh
Simply simply lovely

April 11, 2019, 04:24:47 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

I feel like you need to sign the right players, and part of that decision is their character, but I don't think you just sign a captain. You sign the best players you can, and then decide which one of them is the most appropriate captain.

Also, really you want a number of leaders. The idea that one person unites the whole team and club, and carries them on their shoulders is somewhat outdated (in my view). You have a leadership group. For example, Emery named five captains when he started with Arsenal.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 11, 2019, 04:54:21 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I say Phil Neville!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 11, 2019, 05:21:22 AM
Reply #6

Macca77

April 11, 2019, 05:43:40 AM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Let's just cut to the chase and say Scott Brown.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 11, 2019, 06:50:53 AM
Reply #8

djws1788

I know they were Walsh signings, but we tried the whole ‘have a team of captains’ idea and there seemed like less cohesion than now

April 11, 2019, 09:43:14 AM
Reply #9

Dr. Sponge

To lead your peers you have to be someone they naturally look to, and you can’t fabricate that instantly by bringing someone new in. It’s not guaranteed that the group would respond well to that.

Like has already been mentioned, you need a policy of recruiting good characters (as well as talented) and over time allow the natural leaders to grow.

I agree that our player profile for new players is looking to be under 25 years of age, but I hope we’re not too rigid with this as it’s healthy for a team to have some older wiser heads amongst the group, in the right positions. There’s a lot that we don’t see, like the influence Jagielka and Baines have on the players in and around the training ground etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 11, 2019, 12:23:19 PM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We've got Tom Davies.

April 11, 2019, 12:54:12 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I know they were Walsh signings, but we tried the whole ‘have a team of captains’ idea and there seemed like less cohesion than now

Yes just signing players because they are captains doesn’t just translate into having a really mentally strong team.

April 11, 2019, 12:55:39 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I feel like you need to sign the right players, and part of that decision is their character, but I don't think you just sign a captain. You sign the best players you can, and then decide which one of them is the most appropriate captain.

Also, really you want a number of leaders. The idea that one person unites the whole team and club, and carries them on their shoulders is somewhat outdated (in my view). You have a leadership group. For example, Emery named five captains when he started with Arsenal.

Yes they’ve had that in Spain for a while.

Presume it’s due to spreading responsibility etc but also a bit less pressure on the “Captain” not being in the team.

April 11, 2019, 01:27:21 PM
Reply #13

American Evertonian

Are we there yet?

April 11, 2019, 01:37:44 PM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates