April 19, 2019, 05:26:46 PM

Author Topic: Captain Marvel : Who should we sign?  (Read 1597 times)

April 11, 2019, 02:54:41 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can't stress enough how hard I am rolling my eyes at this thread
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 11, 2019, 03:46:51 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

Can't stress enough how hard I am rolling my eyes at this thread

April 11, 2019, 03:50:01 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not arsed about signing ‘captains’

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 11, 2019, 03:54:36 PM
Reply #18

Cozzie

April 11, 2019, 04:45:03 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
We signed about 4 club/country captains and had a couple already on the books and their “fight for the cause” got a couple of managers the sack.

April 11, 2019, 06:33:26 PM
Reply #20

Thomas

I feel like you need to sign the right players, and part of that decision is their character, but I don't think you just sign a captain. You sign the best players you can, and then decide which one of them is the most appropriate captain.

Also, really you want a number of leaders. The idea that one person unites the whole team and club, and carries them on their shoulders is somewhat outdated (in my view). You have a leadership group. For example, Emery named five captains when he started with Arsenal.
Aye just to be clear again lad doesn't have to be those 2 players mentioned although sometimes an average player who is a leader can push a team on like Phil Neville wasn't Messi but he had won everything or been in different situations and that inspired people.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

April 11, 2019, 06:34:56 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Aye just to be clear again lad doesn't have to be those 2 players mentioned although sometimes an average player who is a leader can push a team on like Phil Neville wasn't Messi but he had won everything or been in different situations and that inspired people.

Phil Neville didn't push us on mate.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 11, 2019, 06:50:46 PM
Reply #22

pedrotheblue

I'm going Beefheart or Caveman, although I'd prefer a proper center forward.

April 11, 2019, 07:31:44 PM
Reply #23

Macca77

Imagine thinking Phil Neville pushed us on, kin hell!

April 11, 2019, 07:33:11 PM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
Imagine thinking Phil Neville pushed us on, kin hell!

Cost us a place at Wembley if anything.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 11, 2019, 07:54:05 PM
Reply #25

Bluedylan

Can you address the point I've made, rather than just glossing over it and carrying on with what you were saying? It doesn't make for a conversation, if you just plough on like that.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 11, 2019, 07:56:13 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

Cost us a place at Wembley if anything.

Scored a cracker against Wolves once though, then ruined it by mocking Cahill's corner flag celebration, the bad tit.

April 11, 2019, 11:11:02 PM
Reply #27

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 11, 2019, 11:31:47 PM
Reply #28

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We need a captain type player in the team

Who would you sign? I like Milojevic at Palace and Deeney at Watford but there must be better players out there?

That’s a new one on me, signing a captain ? How’s that supposed to work, Silva turfs up at Finch Farm one morning and announces to the team “here’s your new captain lads”  captains aren’t bought, they
emerge through team dynamics, just like our next no.1 captain Seamus did.

April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 AM
Reply #29

Toffee1

The best option would be 'Captain Sensible' and the team talks would be happy and all of the team's dreams can come true.