November 30, 2021, 06:09:42 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 41023 times)

May 04, 2019, 03:54:28 AM
Reply #195

sam of the south

I thought Walcott and Lookman have both shown why they're not starting.  They've had the chances to put the game away, and done nothing.  You can't imagine had Richarlison and Bernard had those same chances it would have finished 2-0.  The game turned when Richarlison started feeling his ribs in the first half.

The both looked bright, enterprising, and full of effort. Its great when your subs look that eager.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 03:54:37 AM
Reply #196

Macca77

Pretty straight forward win as expected, Pickford had fuck all to do again

May 04, 2019, 03:55:00 AM
Reply #197

howard1334

I thought Walcott and Lookman have both shown why they're not starting.  They've had the chances to put the game away, and done nothing.  You can't imagine had Richarlison and Bernard had those same chances it would have finished 2-0.  The game turned when Richarlison started feeling his ribs in the first half.

Bernard is great, but he is not a very good finisher.  A little harsh on Lookman given he has played so little this season.  Walcott at least got a solid run of games. 

May 04, 2019, 03:55:30 AM
Reply #198

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin is a conundrum because he is a good player

May 04, 2019, 03:56:26 AM
Reply #199

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The both looked bright, enterprising, and full of effort. Its great when your subs look that eager.

I don't disagree with that, but those qualities alone aren't enough.  There has to be a level of reliability, clinicalness and decisiveness as well.

May 04, 2019, 03:58:17 AM
Reply #200

sam of the south

I don't disagree with that, but those qualities alone aren't enough.  There has to be a level of reliability, clinicalness and decisiveness as well.

Lookman did some really clever things on the ball, and Walcott is still our only player that can consistently get in behind. Two qualities there that we need.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 03:59:07 AM
Reply #201

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin is a conundrum because he is a good player

He's two players is the problem.  He's a very good player, or he's a really bad player.  When he's good like today and when he first joined you'd have him nailed onto start.  When he goes like he did last season then you'd give him away for nothing.

Hopefully if we're changing the attitude of the crowd at goodison it'll take away some of the fear that bred last years downfall.

May 04, 2019, 03:59:45 AM
Reply #202

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Id really like us to keep Lookman - theres a really good player in there

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

May 04, 2019, 04:00:06 AM
Reply #203

Macca77

If only we had an attacker who could actually finish, DCL, Walcott and Lookman all missed fairly easy chances.

Schneiderlin is boss

May 04, 2019, 04:00:27 AM
Reply #204

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman did some really clever things on the ball, and Walcott is still our only player that can consistently get in behind. Two qualities there that we need.

Again, I won't disagree that those are things we need, but we also need at least one of the four chances they had between them to result in a goal.

May 04, 2019, 04:02:37 AM
Reply #205

Everton Mint

Can we keep all these good players now though...

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 04, 2019, 04:04:04 AM
Reply #206

Macca77

Zouma waving goodbye there

May 04, 2019, 04:05:00 AM
Reply #207

Everton Mint

Great pictures !

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 04, 2019, 04:05:53 AM
Reply #208

Waltzer

If only we had an attacker who could actually finish, DCL, Walcott and Lookman all missed fairly easy chances.

Schneiderlin is boss
I think all of them mentioned are good squad players, but we need better if we want to improve. Lookman, although I'm still very much undecided, is probably the one of those listed that I think has the best chance of succeeding

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 04, 2019, 04:10:24 AM
Reply #209

Gary1878

We really need a finisher. DCL is everything we need but he really struggles with finishing. Lookman is a better finisher but struggles with the basics at times. It is something that needs to be sorted before we progress. Tonight should have been a 3/4-0 given the chances we had.