May 24, 2019, 12:39:09 PM

Author Topic: Summer Wishes  (Read 16957 times)

indiantoffee1975 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 04, 2019, 08:42:27 PM
Read 16957 times

Gash

Global Moderator
So the season's nearly over, who are we wanting in?

It sounds like Silva and Brands have already done a lot of their work so we should hopefully see any major summer deals coming in fairly early.

We'll try and keep this thread for general incoming discussions. If a player is rumoured and there is a media story to link, start a new thread with the link. Likewise if it's a player leaving and there's a media story, start a thread for that as well. Don't be worried about starting a new thread, at the very worst we can merge it with another if one the same player already exists.

Hopefully that way it's easier for people to navigate around stories and topics rather than everything getting dropped in one thread and we end up with lots of different discussions going on at one time, it also makes it a bit easier to skip through when the thread predictably goes off topic from time to time.

May 04, 2019, 08:52:39 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Zouma and gomes as a start

A right back
A forward who can play wide and the ten role
A centre forward

That would pretty much do for me providing there's no outs of the core squad

All the dead wood needs fucking off, like all of it however I appreciate that's gonna be difficult
Simply simply lovely

May 04, 2019, 09:01:55 PM
Reply #2

blue1948

Zouma and gomes as a start

A right back
A forward who can play wide and the ten role
A centre forward

That would pretty much do for me providing there's no outs of the core squad

All the dead wood needs fucking off, like all of it however I appreciate that's gonna be difficult

Well it was Summer wishes ,I don't know how much of that we will get but I agree except Sandro .Don't ask me why but I think he could be the forward we need .

May 04, 2019, 09:06:50 PM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes and Zouma for definite. A striker and Wan-Bissaka.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

May 04, 2019, 09:09:40 PM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

Zouma, a young RB, a work permit for Onyekuru.  Gomes would also be nice, but less essential.

I think we can give DCL a full season starting if the right deal doesn't emerge.  NO GROCKS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 04, 2019, 09:20:15 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A decent window is keeping the first eleven intact which includes Gomes and Zouma and bringing in a striker. A very good window would mean a right back to push Coleman. A great window would mean that on top of that Bolasie, Mirallas and Sandro are shifted off the wage bill on top of that

May 04, 2019, 09:25:52 PM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

Zouma, Gomes Gueye to stay or a replacement for him and also a striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 04, 2019, 09:31:51 PM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
As it stands, as much as you can be with us I'm fairly relaxed about the situation as I think there is an appreciation and awareness for what we need and we seemingly now have the knowledge behind the scenes to follow through, identify the targets and act on that. It's always a bit of a challenge to attract the right targets though, so there may be some patience required but I'm hoping for early recruitment too.

Time will tell, but interested to see who we get in, particularly up top. A replacement for Gueye will be equally crucial if we're allowing him to leave for PSG now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:32:53 PM by blueToffee »

May 04, 2019, 09:33:39 PM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

The relaxing aspect is that I trust Brands completely.  He has a plan, and will stick to it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 04, 2019, 10:21:54 PM
Reply #9

Heisenberg

It all depends on who we can keep hold of. If we lose gueye, Gomes, Zouma and jags. We will need a whole new spine which is worrying

May 04, 2019, 10:22:57 PM
Reply #10

BlueForYou

To bolster the squad:

1)Pope
2)Aarons
3)Sessegnon
5)Zouma
4)Doucoure
6)Gomes
8)Vlasic
7)James
9)Chalov
10)Bowen
11)Onyekuru
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 04, 2019, 10:24:07 PM
Reply #11

Toffee_4_Life

Main priorities: Zouma and Gueye to still be here. Lots of the deadwood out on loan to be shipped off permanently

After that: Gomes, a young right back and striker

May 04, 2019, 10:37:53 PM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Zouma,  gueye to stay and a quality striker. Anyone who thinks itís a good idea to start DCL next season is either a lunatic or lacks ambition.

May 04, 2019, 10:39:15 PM
Reply #13

Cereal Killer

To bolster the squad:

1)Pope
2)Aarons
3)Sessegnon
5)Zouma
4)Doucoure
6)Gomes
8)Vlasic
7)James
9)Chalov
10)Bowen
11)Onyekuru

lolol

Fuck sake

We're trying to trim our bloated squad

May 04, 2019, 10:45:04 PM
Reply #14

sam of the south

2 CBís (one of them being Zouma and someone of at least equivalent quality and 19-24 age range)
1 DM and 1 CM/ACM both in the 18-24 age range
A RB in the 18-24 age range to push, and eventually replace our revitalised Seamus Coleman
Vlasic and Onyekuru to come into the squad
A CF who is better than DCL
Move on as much of the deadwood as possible
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them