October 19, 2019, 09:44:51 PM

Author Topic: Summer Wishes  (Read 140038 times)

May 05, 2019, 02:55:10 PM
Reply #45

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I’m really not. I’m just amazed people are saying we should start next season with him in the team. Honestly don’t know how anyone can look through our first 11 and come to the conclusion he’s not the weakest by some way.

The fact is we won’t start next season with him because the football people at the club are objective and it’s clear as day he’s the weak link.

You realise most people are saying we need a striker? They are saying that it wouldn't be catastrophic if Calvert Lewin starts games next season given some of the strengths he does have, his potential to improve and the threat of goals within the team. Calvert Lewin will remain a very useful option next year regardless of who comes in

May 05, 2019, 03:02:39 PM
Reply #46

Fieldy618

Wan Bissaka has already stated that he'll be at Palace next season so he'll definitely be a no go, especially with the fee he'd command. Seamus isn't done yet for me, so there'd be no point signing a proven right back(unless we were in the Europa league maybe) as he'll still be first choice anyway. Trust in Brands to find a young back-up with potential  nod

May 05, 2019, 03:05:58 PM
Reply #47

KoemansNumberTens

You realise most people are saying we need a striker? They are saying that it wouldn't be catastrophic if Calvert Lewin starts games next season given some of the strengths he does have, his potential to improve and the threat of goals within the team. Calvert Lewin will remain a very useful option next year regardless of who comes in

It would be inept if we didn’t improve on him this window (assuming we have money) Of course it wouldn’t be catastrophic. We wouldn’t go down. Our better players would continue to carry him. We’d still finish top half. Wed possibly even finish 7th. It wouldn’t be catastrophic if we didn’t sign anyone
I just don’t see how people can look at where he is now and think that’s not our biggest problem for next season.
He wouldn’t start games for a whole host of sides outside the top 6. So if we’ve got money he shouldn’t start for us next season either

May 05, 2019, 03:46:00 PM
Reply #48

Mayor Farnum

'It wouldn't be catastrophic." Is not a great starting point.
Something clever written by someone else.

May 05, 2019, 04:20:08 PM
Reply #49

Toddacelli

Genuine competition for Pickford. That'll be a really tough one to achieve but it would be good to think that if he needed dropping, or a rest, or had an injury - that it wouldn't completely derail our season.

Keep Zouma and Gomes.

Vlasic and Onyekuru to come into the squad. Would like to keep Lookman but I think he's off so straight swap for Onyekuru.
(Onyekuru as back-up for either wing and Vlasic as an option instead of Sigurdsson when he's being invisible)

Decent CB. I quite like Tarkowski - but I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying that. Not sure how much Mina is going to be affected by injuries but I don't think he's going to be the monster we hoped he would.

Deadwood out.

A very, very good striker.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 05, 2019, 04:31:10 PM
Reply #50

MarcusFenix

You’re proper obsessed with DCL mate. Any time he’s mentioned anywhere on this forum you’re right on it giving it the bifftas each time. It’s really weird.

Did DCL shag his missus?
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

May 05, 2019, 04:31:15 PM
Reply #51

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It would be inept if we didn’t improve on him this window (assuming we have money) Of course it wouldn’t be catastrophic. We wouldn’t go down. Our better players would continue to carry him. We’d still finish top half. Wed possibly even finish 7th. It wouldn’t be catastrophic if we didn’t sign anyone
I just don’t see how people can look at where he is now and think that’s not our biggest problem for next season.
He wouldn’t start games for a whole host of sides outside the top 6. So if we’ve got money he shouldn’t start for us next season either

You’re going to give yourself a stroke.

May 05, 2019, 04:43:56 PM
Reply #52

KoemansNumberTens

You’re going to give yourself a stroke.

I’m genuinely not angry about it. Just amazed that there’s anyone on here saying it’s okay to start next season with him as our best striker. Nothing he’s done stacks up to that conclusion

A decent upgrade on him will give us another 10pts easily. I’m not sure where else in the team we could get such a vast boost

May 05, 2019, 04:47:31 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You seem angry like.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 05, 2019, 04:48:51 PM
Reply #54

Cozzie

Hopefully Gomes and Zouma.

A new right back to provide competition.

Someone who does what Gueye does but is better on the ball when he wins it.

A new striker.

Quite a fair few OUTS.

Im up for giving Vlasic a chance too before we give up on him.

May 05, 2019, 04:49:57 PM
Reply #55

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic to be given a proper chance.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 05, 2019, 04:54:46 PM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

You seem angry like.

I’m okay with it. We’ll get a striker because our management team aren’t daft. On here it’s just debate to pass the time.

May 05, 2019, 05:52:01 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

You're badly underselling what he's giving at the moment. Massive massive part of this run of form has been his work up top and flexibility as a forward.

Don't think anybody in their right mind would turn their nose up at a dangerous striker coming in, but it's not a cumulative thing, if you add someone you take someone else out.

Richarlison is a dangerous forward who would get 15 if played up top all year, but the side can't function with him up top. Tosun is a very good finisher who will generally bury it if he gets a sniff, but he hasn't got the physical tools to trouble defences or give us a focal point.

Dom has given us a platform to build on both on and off the ball, and is good enough and flexible enough that if we had to go into next year with him as our main man we would be fine, with the potential upside that he looks to have more in the locker to come at only 22.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 05, 2019, 06:17:15 PM
Reply #58

blue1948

I can see both sides of the DCL thing ,YES we do need a better front man and YES he is not ready, YES he should improve and YES we have to provide for the chance he won't .So given the choice I would hope to sign someone early to give Marco a chance the bed him in ,hoping that we then end up with two . As much as I love Tosun he is not fast enough for this side or at least the side I think they are building.Vlasic and Sandro will be the mainstays of the side next season .

May 05, 2019, 06:32:36 PM
Reply #59

Ramjam

I can see both sides of the DCL thing ,YES we do need a better front man and YES he is not ready, YES he should improve and YES we have to provide for the chance he won't .So given the choice I would hope to sign someone early to give Marco a chance the bed him in ,hoping that we then end up with two . As much as I love Tosun he is not fast enough for this side or at least the side I think they are building.Vlasic and Sandro will be the mainstays of the side next season .
Sandro? Is there something your not telling us?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE