June 20, 2019, 08:04:42 PM

Author Topic: Summer Wishes  (Read 43834 times)

June 12, 2019, 06:36:52 PM
Reply #735

74Blue

Baresi was simply a class above, despite not being the tallest. As well as height, there is also a large element of technique to defending and Baresi was an absolute master of his craft. His reading of the game was second to none and in his prime, he would walk into any current Premier League back four.
A lot of the reasoning behind having a couple of big centre halves is to make sure that the majority of aerial battles are won. Again, technique can play a part there too. Look at Tim Cahill as a prime example of a player who won more than his fair share of aerial battles without being a particularly large unit. He just had a knack of reading where the ball was going, timing his jump to perfection and going in with sufficient aggression to make sure that ball was his.

June 12, 2019, 08:37:28 PM
Reply #736

stirlingblue

A lot of the reasoning behind having a couple of big centre halves is to make sure that the majority of aerial battles are won. Again, technique can play a part there too. Look at Tim Cahill as a prime example of a player who won more than his fair share of aerial battles without being a particularly large unit. He just had a knack of reading where the ball was going, timing his jump to perfection and going in with sufficient aggression to make sure that ball was his.

Cahill was attacking the ball coming onto it with a running start though, defenders often need to win the ball from a stationary leap so its very different.

June 12, 2019, 09:27:14 PM
Reply #737

Robioto

There are a few extremely tenuous links to Semedo from Barca floating around.

June 12, 2019, 10:20:58 PM
Reply #738

D15TIN

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened, read that he's been transfer listed, Malcolm too - wonder if he maybe regrets not joining everton now?

June 12, 2019, 10:52:47 PM
Reply #739

KoemansNumberTens

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened, read that he's been transfer listed, Malcolm too - wonder if he maybe regrets not joining everton now?

Theyd have won the champions league had he started the second leg. Hes a quality player

June 12, 2019, 11:33:10 PM
Reply #740

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Was thinking this when I saw they wanted rid the other week, his stock isn't very high and I don't know much about him beyond that he's rapido, but I would take that I think?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 13, 2019, 12:46:25 AM
Reply #741

Waltzer

10000000000% he doesn't regret joining Barca over us, Barca is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, there are plenty of Evertons out there sadly. It looks like it's failed, but at least he can say he's played for them and gave it a go

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 13, 2019, 01:35:08 AM
Reply #742

Evertonian in NC

I mean, it's not like he lost out on the opportunity to play with Everton forever.  So he really just made a whole lot of money, is all.  Doubt he regrets that.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 13, 2019, 01:39:59 AM
Reply #743

D15TIN

What I meant was he could've been playing every week here and increasing his value, getting better etc, and then be more ready for a big move like that, he's now gotta get back to what he was, hope were in for him

June 13, 2019, 02:14:45 AM
Reply #744

Cereal Killer

This is why the Gomes deal is taking so long, Brands is busy negotiating a multi purchase....

June 13, 2019, 02:58:54 AM
Reply #745

D15TIN

This is why the Gomes deal is taking so long, Brands is busy negotiating a multi purchase....
possibly, although Digne arrived a lot sooner than Gomes or Mina

June 13, 2019, 03:22:27 AM
Reply #746

stirlingblue

I know its a step up from being a retirement home for united players but is anyone else feeling a little uncertain about the amount of Barca castoffs were taking?

June 13, 2019, 03:36:30 AM
Reply #747

bigmanbob

Not when they turn out to be our player of the season

June 13, 2019, 04:07:58 AM
Reply #748

Waltzer

I know it's a step up from being a retirement home for united players but is anyone else feeling a little uncertain about the amount of Barca castoffs we're taking?
I'll take another 100 of them if they turn out like Digne

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 13, 2019, 05:33:29 AM
Reply #749

Jacko4468

I know its a step up from being a retirement home for united players but is anyone else feeling a little uncertain about the amount of Barca castoffs were taking?
just think of it as Barca being our feeder club