May 24, 2019, 11:47:16 AM

Author Topic: League Table - Last 17 games  (Read 1062 times)

May 07, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
Read 1062 times

D15TIN

Just seen a league table since City beat Liverpool, 17 games ago - were in 6th with the 2nd best defence in the league in that time, were looking good for next season arnt we? if we get the summer right. Zouma a must to keep that defence together.

City 48 pts +31 gd
Liverpool 40 +25
Wolves 28 + 5
Man United 28 +2
Chelsea 27+ 2
Everton 26 + 8
Arsenal 26 + 5

May 08, 2019, 05:11:29 PM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

Just seen a league table since City beat Liverpool, 17 games ago - were in 6th with the 2nd best defence in the league in that time, were looking good for next season arnt we? if we get the summer right. Zouma a must to keep that defence together.

City 48 pts +31 gd
Liverpool 40 +25
Wolves 28 + 5
Man United 28 +2
Chelsea 27+ 2
Everton 26 + 8
Arsenal 26 + 5

Bodes well for us. Iím not confident of keeping Zouma though, heís top drawer.

Also, incredible record from City to have this form at the end of the season without arguably their best player KDB.

Fuck Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 08, 2019, 07:42:12 PM
Reply #2

Gary1878

I am actually relatively confident we can get very close to the top 6 next season. This league is getting harder by the season, and getting results for these guys (barring City and Liverpool this year) is increasingly difficult (as it is for us). Bear in mind that all 3 teams coming up are bigger clubs as well, with 3 crap clubs dropping out.

Lets see what we can do in the summer in terms of keeping loans and signing some additional quality.

May 08, 2019, 09:06:04 PM
Reply #3

D15TIN

I am actually relatively confident we can get very close to the top 6 next season. This league is getting harder by the season, and getting results for these guys (barring City and Liverpool this year) is increasingly difficult (as it is for us). Bear in mind that all 3 teams coming up are bigger clubs as well, with 3 crap clubs dropping out.

Lets see what we can do in the summer in terms of keeping loans and signing some additional quality.
as you say all about the summer, ideally need to keep that XI together and add a striker to it, that should get us that extra 10/15+ points to challenge those above, weve gotta see a big improvement next season. Arsenal, Chelsea & United having problems and need mass rebuilding, Chelsea might not even be able to sign anybody, weve got to take advantage

May 08, 2019, 09:28:07 PM
Reply #4

Macca77

United, Arsenal and even Chelsea have been poor this season and yet we're still miles behind them

May 08, 2019, 09:51:14 PM
Reply #5

Ravardo

Chelsea's bans been upheld so there now taking it to the court of arbitration

May 08, 2019, 09:59:22 PM
Reply #6

D15TIN

United, Arsenal and even Chelsea have been poor this season and yet we're still miles behind them
We were really poor from December until February, the Christmas period killed us, we over used the likes of gomes, although ourselves and spurs had the least rest time of any club over that period.

This season was always about finding an identity and improving on last season, weve won more, scored more, conceded less, weve got something to build on now, and a mostly young side - ourselves Leicester & Wolves are in good positions to mount a decent challenge on the top 6 next season, all depends on the summer though.

May 09, 2019, 02:11:27 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst i agree with the sentiment, we don't have the squad to be able to keep up this form for an entire year.

There is going to be a few months when we're just shit and nothing we do seems to work out.
What the last few months has done though, is stabilised the situation and Moshiri wont be calling for Silvas head when we next go on a run of poor form.

Which is a blessing, because i'd like to see what him and Brands can do with 4 or 5 windows together.

May 09, 2019, 02:17:46 PM
Reply #8

GrantyBoy78

To over-simplify our requirements: we need a goal scorer and like-for-like quality of the bench.

Both are achievable Ďgetsí this transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 09, 2019, 04:33:07 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
End of season form has little correlation to the following season.

It's going to the last day to see if we get higher than 10th, and the quality gap around us (which is what kills us) is too narrow, we're all effectively in the same boat.

Need to buy well and get lucky.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2019, 02:59:59 AM
Reply #10

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

May 10, 2019, 03:03:23 AM
Reply #11

BlueBeagle

End of season form has little correlation to the following season.

As we should know after many seasons under Moyes.

Strong end to the season followed by a shit start to the next one.

May 10, 2019, 01:02:20 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
And itís not really likely anyway.

A) thereís a massive gap

B) youíre own players come and go

C) other teams change, not only personnel but also their own form and confidence.

Itís an easy assumption to make, looking at positions 4/5/6 struggling (a bit) and think that theyíre relatively easily attainable.

But you have to remember that their supporters will be assuming that theyíll only get better.

And thatís without everyone around us also having the same conversations as above.

We donít need to get ahead of ourselves because unless weíre lucky, then small increases to our targets are only realistic.

May 10, 2019, 02:53:14 PM
Reply #13

hannu

in all fairness we where looking half decent until we imploded after the liverpool howler

May 10, 2019, 09:54:30 PM
Reply #14

Hesmenos

We've also been quite lucky with injuries this season. Apart from Mina I can't think of anyone else who has been out for that long. Not sure our squad is strong enough yet if we had long term injuries to key players (Pickford, Gana, Richarlison)