October 18, 2019, 03:08:05 AM

Author Topic: Sport Pesa  (Read 4677 times)

May 10, 2019, 11:44:56 PM
Read 4677 times

GrantyBoy78

BBC news just had a piece on the scourge of betting amongst young Africans. The report was from Kenya and Sport Pesa was plastered everywhere. Not great PR.

Is anyone bothered by having a rather nefarious company as out sponsor? Think betting advertising will ever be banned?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 11, 2019, 12:28:24 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

I'm not keen on having a betting company as our main sponsor, I think it's short sighted and seems out the wrong image.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 11, 2019, 12:46:57 AM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

We've mostly had shit sponsors.

The way the world is going will probably lead to these types of companies being banned from shirt sponsorship anyway.
Something clever written by someone else.

May 11, 2019, 01:04:17 AM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
More concerned about their lack of knowledge about football to be honest

May 11, 2019, 01:27:42 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

Do any of the big UK bookies sponsor any clubs? I know they don't in the Premier League; anyone any idea why not?

May 11, 2019, 01:58:28 AM
Reply #5

BlueBeagle

We were sponsored by an alcohol manufacturer for a decade or more.

A betting firm is no worse in my eyes.

Do any of the big UK bookies sponsor any clubs? I know they don't in the Premier League; anyone any idea why not?

I'm sure they'd be all over it if it made financial sense for them
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:00:56 AM by BlueBeagle »

May 11, 2019, 02:41:48 AM
Reply #6

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Pretty sure Bet365 sponsored Stoke in the Premier League.  I imagine the reason it's not more common is that it might not be good business sense to be associated with a club which would result in lots of people not using you because of rivalry.

My personal view is that betting sponsorship and more specifically TV advertising needs to be stopped, or at least dialled down from the level it's at now.  No problem with betting, but it's mental how ingrained it is now.

May 11, 2019, 03:35:19 AM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

I think Stoke's chairman owned Bet365.

I was really referring to the big high street bookies. They don't seem interested in getting involved in football at all. Is it too expensive for them?

May 11, 2019, 03:38:14 AM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty sure Bet365 sponsored Stoke in the Premier League.  I imagine the reason it's not more common is that it might not be good business sense to be associated with a club which would result in lots of people not using you because of rivalry.

My personal view is that betting sponsorship and more specifically TV advertising needs to be stopped, or at least dialled down from the level it's at now.  No problem with betting, but it's mental how ingrained it is now.

When you compare it to countries where itís not allowed (eg the US) and then you watch our TV and see all the ads, it actually feels a little sinister.

May 11, 2019, 04:07:45 AM
Reply #9

D15TIN

They tweeted pictures of arsenal players scoring against us last season on twitter, they had to apologise when our fans kicked off about it, think they've done it a few times

Just don't like sharing a sponsorship with Hull City in all honesty

May 11, 2019, 04:20:12 AM
Reply #10

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think Stoke's chairman owned Bet365.

I was really referring to the big high street bookies. They don't seem interested in getting involved in football at all. Is it too expensive for them?
He is and a major contributor to Michael owens horse yard aka dascombe yard
Bizarrely Michael Owen signed for Stoke........
Simply simply lovely

May 11, 2019, 04:56:21 AM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Yeah I'm not into it at all.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 11, 2019, 05:20:53 AM
Reply #12

Alanvideo

We might attract a better class of sponsor in years to come .Not keen on betting or encouraging gambling tbh.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 11, 2019, 05:26:31 AM
Reply #13

Macca77

How long is the sponsorship deal with them? It's very shit and so is the Sportpesa cup

May 11, 2019, 06:47:09 AM
Reply #14

Dr. Sponge

Considering how much emphasis the club has on giving to the community and charity, it is a surprise that we have such a taboo main sponsor.

It feels a bit naughty but I can live with it. Like knocking one out thinkin if ya mateís mum.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums