June 20, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

Author Topic: Sport Pesa  (Read 3624 times)

June 05, 2019, 05:12:43 PM
Reply #45

tippefc

Yeah hate having gambling sponsor on front of jersey.  It just helps bring the brand main stream and helps to make it seem ok to park take and for some people it is the start of a slippery slope to ruin.  For a good few years Celtic have sold adult jersey with a no sponsor option when they have had alcohol or gambling sponsor.  Why not lead the way again Everton?  (After West Ham of course!)

June 05, 2019, 06:16:20 PM
Reply #46

BlueBeagle

Yeah hate having gambling sponsor on front of jersey.  It just helps bring the brand main stream and helps to make it seem ok to park take and for some people it is the start of a slippery slope to ruin.  For a good few years Celtic have sold adult jersey with a no sponsor option when they have had alcohol or gambling sponsor.  Why not lead the way again Everton?  (After West Ham of course!)

The reduction of sponsorship income from Sports Pesa would be one reason.

Where do you stop with that kind of carry on anyway?

- Ban alcohol, banking and gambling sponsors over peoples 'values'.
- Ban carmaker, airline and energy sponsors as their products are pollutants.
- Ban sponsors where the companies test on animals.
- Ban sponsors that come from countries with questionable human rights records.
- Ban soft drink sponsors because they are unhealthy.

How about if you don't like the sponsor, don't buy a shirt?

June 07, 2019, 07:21:01 PM
Reply #47

tippefc

Understand the points you are making.  On a point of principle I didn't buy jersey or anything else with sportpesa on it. Just wish I had a choice.  I'm too big for childrens sizes!

June 07, 2019, 08:23:01 PM
Reply #48

Tony Clifton

Conflicting though, business and morals

The ideal would be EitC on the front of our shirts

Unfortunately................ ....

Pretty sure we're supposed to be having EitC on the kids shirts for the season coming.

June 08, 2019, 02:04:24 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

most betting shops are in poorer areas, they prey on the vulnerable.
you hardly ever find betting shops in affluential areas.

- Ban alcohol, banking and gambling sponsors over peoples 'values'.
- Ban carmaker, airline and energy sponsors as their products are pollutants.
- Ban sponsors where the companies test on animals.
- Ban sponsors that come from countries with questionable human rights records.
- Ban soft drink sponsors because they are unhealthy.

I know you was being flippant, but it would be a great thing for The Peoples club to do. It would be awesome if we could do kinda like whatr Barca did with Unicef, but with say Liverpool Charity & Voluntary Services.

How about if you don't like the sponsor, don't buy a shirt?
It goes deeper than that tho, it could affect a person who was chosing a club to support, from not becoming an Evertonian, or if we had an ethical sponsor, it would attract fans who would be drawn to us, especially those who dont neccassarily care about football.

The sponsor isn't just shown on the shirt.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

June 08, 2019, 03:00:12 PM
Reply #50

BlueBeagle

most betting shops are in poorer areas, they prey on the vulnerable.
you hardly ever find betting shops in affluential areas.

I know you was being flippant, but it would be a great thing for The Peoples club to do. It would be awesome if we could do kinda like whatr Barca did with Unicef, but with say Liverpool Charity & Voluntary Services.

It goes deeper than that tho, it could affect a person who was chosing a club to support, from not becoming an Evertonian, or if we had an ethical sponsor, it would attract fans who would be drawn to us, especially those who dont neccassarily care about football.

The sponsor isn't just shown on the shirt.

Could say the exact same thing about off liscenses, fast food etc.

Ironic you mention Barcelona as recently they were sponsored by Qatar Airways. A company sponsored by a state with a terrible human rights record.

As nice as your sentiment is, unfortunately football is a business. If we have a charity on our shirt, we lose a large chunk of income from sponsorship and we fall even further behind those teams currently ahead of us. I'd rather not do that to be honest for the sake of moral point scoring.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:40:19 PM by BlueBeagle »

June 08, 2019, 04:57:24 PM
Reply #51

Mayor Farnum

I'd prefer it if Everton won a few more football matches before putting their efforts into changing the world.

June 08, 2019, 05:30:18 PM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Ironic you mention Barcelona as recently they were sponsored by Qatar Airways. A company sponsored by a state with a terrible human rights record.

As nice as your sentiment is, unfortunately football is a business. If we have a charity on our shirt, we lose a large chunk of income from sponsorship and we fall even further behind those teams currently ahead of us. I'd rather not do that to be honest for the sake of moral point scoring.
People were fuming about the sportpesa deal and how "little" we were getting, imagine if we put a charity on their giving us minimal... Its sad but like you say, it's a business first and foremost
Simply simply lovely

June 08, 2019, 06:14:58 PM
Reply #53

SANA_DR0

People were fuming about the sportpesa deal and how "little" we were getting, imagine if we put a charity on their giving us minimal... Its sad but like you say, it's a business first and foremost

Our shirt sponsorship has been naff. (in terms of income) so negating that 75 million over 5 years (which includes naming rights to finch sport pesa farm) isnt really that much of a loss.

Yep Qatar are pretty appalling, only 2 countries spring to mind with worse human rights abuses..
As you quite correctly said, football is a business.

Also, i got lulz from the person negging me cos of my previous post.

keep doing you, who ever you are :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:16:17 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

June 08, 2019, 08:15:02 PM
Reply #54

TheTone

Betting on Everton is a nightmare

The big massive acca destroying gits

June 08, 2019, 08:48:25 PM
Reply #55

Omar

I miss the elephants to be honest.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 09, 2019, 01:12:04 AM
Reply #56

Bally

Administrator
Pretty sure we're supposed to be having EitC on the kids shirts for the season coming.
Nope, blank, but we at the Fans forum are trying to find a way of getting the EiTC logo as a transfer and if you want it on the kids shirt then a fee to EiTC to get it put on would be the way forward.

Well that idea has been suggested, whether it happens or not is another matter

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

June 09, 2019, 03:09:15 AM
Reply #57

Tony Clifton

Nope, blank, but we at the Fans forum are trying to find a way of getting the EiTC logo as a transfer and if you want it on the kids shirt then a fee to EiTC to get it put on would be the way forward.

Well that idea has been suggested, whether it happens or not is another matter

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Ah that's a bit shit, hope a way can be found eventually  :thumbsup: