May 24, 2019, 11:49:35 AM

Author Topic: Celtic scandal  (Read 480 times)

May 15, 2019, 10:38:54 AM
Read 480 times

Ramjam

Child abuse scandal at Celtic sees former kit man jailed. Apparently itís been going on at that club for years

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 15, 2019, 01:25:43 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Been going on for a long time this. The worst thing is that the club have tried to wash their hands of it saying that the boys club was a seperate entity and had nothing to do with them despite there being plenty evidence to prove otherwise.

May 16, 2019, 04:03:42 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Sadly, I doubt anyone will be shocked at this.

May 17, 2019, 03:06:05 AM
Reply #3

irishtoffee

What are regulations like now in Britain? Do coaches need police vetting or security checks or can any one get involved underage? I coach Gaelic sports and the check ups are pretty good now but as the woman teaching the child protection course said passing the police vetting could mean you haven't been caught yet. Clubs need to be really strict on the coaches with regard to proper supervision and no coach should ever be alone with a child indoors

May 17, 2019, 04:01:24 AM
Reply #4

KevtheRat

What are regulations like now in Britain? Do coaches need police vetting or security checks or can any one get involved underage? I coach Gaelic sports and the check ups are pretty good now but as the woman teaching the child protection course said passing the police vetting could mean you haven't been caught yet. Clubs need to be really strict on the coaches with regard to proper supervision and no coach should ever be alone with a child indoors

I coach kids football and the minimum requirement for the club Iím with is the FA Level 1 coaching badge, which includes a child safeguarding element and emergency first aid. Itís also mandatory to be CRC checked even if you just help out with training etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17, 2019, 11:43:57 AM
Reply #5

Ramjam

I coach here in Australia and we have to provide a working with children certificate which involves a police report to prove that you have no previous or pending convictions or court cases against children

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 17, 2019, 12:52:58 PM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
I coach here in Australia and we have to provide a working with children certificate which involves a police report to prove that you have no previous or pending convictions or court cases against children

Yeah anyone working with children in the UK has to do that too, and those working with vulnerable adults.

The trouble is that this has only been the case for about 16 or 17 years here.

That doesn't change things for those abused 20 years or more ago. And it also only prevents those who have been caught from working with children.