August 13, 2020, 01:21:04 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 14184 times)

July 08, 2019, 07:54:45 PM
Reply #135

Gary1878

I am going against the grain here, but i want him to stay. You won't find many players with his talent knocking around at £20m.

You just feel that once he gets his confidence going, he could be a proper player, and I would hate to see us miss out because we haven't given him enough chances. Let's be patient, coach him properly, give him a good run of games this season, and try and let him develop.

Rather than putting him in the team when confidence is low, lets get him in and around the team when we are finding form and playing well. Marco needs to put an arm around him and start boosting his ego, Martinez-Barkley style.

July 08, 2019, 07:57:06 PM
Reply #136

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
If you look on the bright side we could go and try to find a player that can offer a little bit more than an 8min cameo 15 times a season. 🤷‍♀️

July 08, 2019, 07:57:23 PM
Reply #137

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Blot on marcos copybook for me im afraid.

The damage was already done before he got here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 08, 2019, 07:57:40 PM
Reply #138

KoemansNumberTens

20 and a sell on percentage and I think we’ve done okay.
Real shame cos in small doses he looks like he has real quality but he has had very little consistency. A good performance off the bench is followed by being terrible starting. His contract is running down, he seems to want to move. Take a profit and find another young player who’s a clean slate with the club

July 08, 2019, 07:59:19 PM
Reply #139

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn’t want to be here and he made that obvious last season with some very lacklustre performances, and poor performances in training (according to the manager)

We’re never going to get the best out of him so sell while we can get a half decent price.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 08, 2019, 08:01:29 PM
Reply #140

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There's a slight worry that silva doesn't seem to rate many of the young lads but I dont think lookman is a massive loss if he goes

July 08, 2019, 08:02:00 PM
Reply #141

Macca77

The damage was already done before he got here.

Yep, Allardyce publicly slagging him off for choosing to go on loan abroad

July 08, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
Reply #142

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Better coming 10th and playing kids than coming 8th and playing 30 year olds.

DCL the sole survivor of our 'golden generation' to quote merro, and most of our fans want him binned off an all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 08, 2019, 08:19:16 PM
Reply #143

Lxxx

Left Kenya on crutches didn't he?

July 08, 2019, 08:25:05 PM
Reply #144

Waltzer

Better coming 10th and playing kids than coming 8th and playing 30 year olds.

DCL the sole survivor of our 'golden generation' to quote merro, and most of our fans want him binned off an all.
Why is that better? I think they've all be given enough chances and I don't really see the age as a relevant marker, should be about ability. I don't have a problem playing a 15 year old or 60 year old if they do the job, it's about doing that job. When I've seen Lookman especially he flatters to deceive. The rest are all pretty much bang average players that's why they aren't playing much

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 08, 2019, 08:33:39 PM
Reply #145

Evertonian in NC

If we want an economically sustainable project, we have to utilize - and develop - younger players.

Brands especially seems focused on that.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 08, 2019, 08:39:40 PM
Reply #146

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why is that better? I think they've all be given enough chances and I don't really see the age as a relevant marker, should be about ability. I don't have a problem playing a 15 year old or 60 year old if they do the job, it's about doing that job. When I've seen Lookman especially he flatters to deceive. The rest are all pretty much bang average players that's why they aren't playing much

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Depends what do the job means. Win you a league? Play all the 30 year olds you want.

If you are building something you are better off investing and playing young players even if they are (a bit) worse than existing older players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 08, 2019, 09:16:57 PM
Reply #147

Evertonian in NC

Of course, there is a balance.  It's fine to have a handful of key players that are older.  After all, we have a reachable goal of Europa qualification.

But there are ample older players in the squad already.  The next step involves acquiring and developing more young players.

I agree that we haven't really seen enough of Lookman, in my opinion.  Perhaps all the Allardyce crap has made this relationship untenable - but he is exactly the kind of young player we need to integrate into the attacking rotation.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 08, 2019, 11:05:54 PM
Reply #148

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 08, 2019, 11:28:35 PM
Reply #149

Omar

RB Leipzig offer £22.5million for Everton winger Ademola Lookman after seeing initial bid rejected

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7225027/RB-Leipzig-offer-22-5million-Everton-winger-Ademola-Lookman-seeing-initial-bid-rejected.html

Add a sell-on component and we have a deal!
You come at the king, you best not miss.