August 13, 2020, 02:10:24 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 14185 times)

July 08, 2019, 11:29:39 PM
Reply #150

gizzblue

Of course, there is a balance.  It's fine to have a handful of key players that are older.  After all, we have a reachable goal of Europa qualification.

But there are ample older players in the squad already.  The next step involves acquiring and developing more young players.

I agree that we haven't really seen enough of Lookman, in my opinion.  Perhaps all the Allardyce crap has made this relationship untenable - but he is exactly the kind of young player we need to integrate into the attacking rotation.

Honestly think it was Leipzig that turned his head ....imho his mind was made up before his loan with them finished .
Born not made a blue .

July 09, 2019, 12:10:39 AM
Reply #151

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I think we’re possibly doing something we’ve been envious of the neighbours doing here.

Sign a young talent. Can’t break into the first team. Ultimately has done nothing in his short career apart from his potential being spoken about frequently. Sell for £20m+.

July 09, 2019, 01:00:14 AM
Reply #152

Waltzer

Honestly think it was Leipzig that turned his head ....imho his mind was made up before his loan with them finished .
And that's fine, it's his perogative, he's nowhere near good enough to be worried about if he doesn't want to be here

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 09, 2019, 02:04:26 AM
Reply #153

gizzblue

And that's fine, it's his perogative, he's nowhere near good enough to be worried about if he doesn't want to be here

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Exactly this ....honestly don't think he has the same hunger for us as them.....so it's a simple ....see ya!....but brands wim get every penny he can too
Born not made a blue .

July 09, 2019, 03:08:02 AM
Reply #154

Toddacelli

He doesn’t want to be here and he made that obvious last season with some very lacklustre performances, and poor performances in training (according to the manager)

We’re never going to get the best out of him so sell while we can get a half decent price.

You're absolutely right. But I'm gutted about it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 09, 2019, 12:54:38 PM
Reply #155

bluenuck

22.5 mil. Pound offer in from RB Leipzig as per sky.

That’s gotta be close to him leaving.

July 09, 2019, 02:49:08 PM
Reply #156

Juanito

Good luck to him. Just a shame he was here for the Allardyce debacle.

July 09, 2019, 02:49:25 PM
Reply #157

Morta75

Should get over 30 millions for him in todays market if sold to a English club.

July 09, 2019, 03:14:59 PM
Reply #158

GrantyBoy78

I’d be happy with £22m and a sell-on clause. Haha no chance Lookman would let us have a buy-back in there.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 09, 2019, 03:41:32 PM
Reply #159

KoemansNumberTens

Have to laugh that everyone’s still blaming allardyce

When lookman has played he hasn’t done enough. Not for managers before allardyce. Not for managers after him. Odd that people seem to think the responsibility lies with just him

July 09, 2019, 03:46:15 PM
Reply #160

Lxxx

When lookman has played he hasn’t done enough. Not for managers before allardyce. Not for managers after him. Odd that people seem to think the responsibility lies with just him

Correct. Allardyce left a year ago and since then he's done nothing. Maybe he's just not as good as we hoped he'd be so we double our money on him and move onto someone who might be able to contribute more.

July 09, 2019, 03:48:45 PM
Reply #161

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Bit sensitive anytime his name is even mentioned you mate.

Don’t think anybody blamed him.

However, I do recall him saying he should go to derby instead of testing himself abroad at RB, to which you agreed. So, he does have to take some of the blame for this one.

He had a great chance to play him every week, but instead chose to loan him out and use bolasie instead.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 09, 2019, 03:56:34 PM
Reply #162

Macca77

None of the other managers publicly slagged him off because he went abroad

Not saying Allardyce is solely to blame, but he did more damage than the rest.

July 09, 2019, 03:59:07 PM
Reply #163

GrantyBoy78

I think the club had agreed a deal with Derby, but then Lookman’s agent went behind both club’s backs and lined-up the RBL move.

July 09, 2019, 04:00:33 PM
Reply #164

GrantyBoy78

None of the other managers publicly slagged him off because he went abroad

Not saying Allardyce is solely to blame, but he did more damage than the rest.
TBF the sulky little cunt is about the last player you’d want in a relegation fight.