July 14, 2020, 08:09:12 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 13890 times)

July 09, 2019, 04:05:38 PM
Reply #165

Lazarou

TBF the sulky little cunt is about the last player you’d want in a relegation fight.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I wouldn't go quite that far but he does appear to be a miserable git. As a team we would not miss him anytime soon.
We can’t return to normal because the normal that we had was precisely the problem.

July 09, 2019, 04:06:59 PM
Reply #166

Lxxx

None of the other managers publicly slagged him off because he went abroad

Not saying Allardyce is solely to blame, but he did more damage than the rest.

Lookman has everyone's sympathy for what happened under that shitshow of a manager but Silva couldn't have been more praising of the lad when he took over. We rejected a big bid from Leipzig which showed we believed in him and he should have been looking at players like Richarlison, Gomes and Bernard and thinking he'd like to be a part of this but it hasn't happened for him, for whatever reason.

July 09, 2019, 04:10:19 PM
Reply #167

Cozzie

Even though I want him to stay I would be happy with Lookman out and Malcom in like.

July 09, 2019, 04:22:10 PM
Reply #168

Macca77

Lookman has everyone's sympathy for what happened under that shitshow of a manager but Silva couldn't have been more praising of the lad when he took over. We rejected a big bid from Leipzig which showed we believed in him and he should have been looking at players like Richarlison, Gomes and Bernard and thinking he'd like to be a part of this but it hasn't happened for him, for whatever reason.

Silva said last summer that Lookman was in his plans, that's why we rejected the bids from RB, then quite a few times last season Silva said that he has to improve in training. Probably could of been dealt with better but to me Lookman was given a few chances last season to show what he's made of and didn't take any of them, it was pretty obvious that he didn't want to be here.

July 09, 2019, 04:37:37 PM
Reply #169

KoemansNumberTens

Bit sensitive anytime his name is even mentioned you mate.

Don’t think anybody blamed him.

However, I do recall him saying he should go to derby instead of testing himself abroad at RB, to which you agreed. So, he does have to take some of the blame for this one.

He had a great chance to play him every week, but instead chose to loan him out and use bolasie instead.

He’s not my mate and I’m not remotely sensitive about it. It’s plain daft though. A manager who’s no longer at the club (hasn’t been for a year now) disagrees with his choice of loan move (the player still got his way)
He went there and proved himself. You’d hope he’d come back and want to prove himself here too rather than waste a year.
The flip side of this is had he gone to derby maybe his head wouldn’t have been turned. Not massively sensible loaning players to better teams. You risk having their heads turned
Personally I’ve no problem with how he’s been treated or how he’s behaved. The opportunities he has had he hasn’t taken. Maybe he’s not good enough. Maybe it just hasn’t worked out through no fault of anyone’s
I’d love him to stay and find some form  but it’s probably best for everyone he gets a move now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:04:45 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

July 09, 2019, 05:05:31 PM
Reply #170

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't go quite that far but he does appear to be a miserable git. As a team we would not miss him anytime soon.

I wonder if he shouldn’t have been given some support from a sports psychologist ? May have been underlying emotional issues that would account for his apparent sulky demeanour ?

July 09, 2019, 05:10:12 PM
Reply #171

Lazarou

I wonder if he shouldn’t have been given some support from a sports psychologist ? May have been underlying emotional issues that would account for his apparent sulky demeanour ?

I would have thought that a club like ours with a good reputation on mental health would have been on it if that was the case.

Perhaps it's just how he comes across.
We can’t return to normal because the normal that we had was precisely the problem.

July 09, 2019, 05:11:03 PM
Reply #172

Waltzer

Have to laugh that everyone's still blaming allardyce

When lookman has played he hasn't done enough. Not for managers before allardyce. Not for managers after him. Odd that people seem to think the responsibility lies with just him
It's not just Allardyce fault, think some will blame Walsh too, the way he signed him wasn't right, or something like that!!?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 09, 2019, 11:41:23 PM
Reply #173

Nicco

Even though I want him to stay I would be happy with Lookman out and Malcom in like.
Especially with the difference being reported around £12m.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

July 10, 2019, 06:40:45 AM
Reply #174

SANA_DR0

:(

one of my favourite Everton photos from the last few seasons.

Wish Lookman doesn't go on a perm deal... I fear it will be similar to how Vlasic will turn out (awesome Vlasic article btw)

Kenny wont be here next season... i still would love this  to be the backbone of the team in years to come.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:12:25 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 11, 2019, 10:29:08 PM
Reply #175

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

July 11, 2019, 10:38:26 PM
Reply #176

Gash

Global Moderator

July 11, 2019, 10:43:56 PM
Reply #177

Waltzer

Think it's the right move all round, hope he kicks on

July 11, 2019, 11:40:51 PM
Reply #178

Macca77

Sky Sources understand RB and Everton are in talks over the permanent transfer of Lookman

July 11, 2019, 11:41:56 PM
Reply #179

American Evertonian

Think it's the right move all round, hope he kicks on

Only wish the best for him. Think he hasn't had a fair shot here in terms of minutes.
Are we there yet?