July 21, 2019, 10:54:05 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 10145 times)

May 18, 2019, 06:38:21 AM
Reply #30

markB

if this kid had Jonjoe Kennys  heart and desire we would have one hell of a player on our hands , but he has not take what we can and move on

May 18, 2019, 12:17:44 PM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

Disappointed to let go. But I'm calling it. Time of death - end of 2018/19 season.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 20, 2019, 01:14:07 AM
Reply #32

BlueForYou

Offer him to Gerrard and do a swap with Morelos at Rangers

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 20, 2019, 01:52:01 AM
Reply #33

Waltzer

Offer him to Gerrard and do a swap with Morelos at Rangers
Is this a joke? His record isn't that great in Scotland and he's had 4 red this season, I couldn't think of a worst player we could sign

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 20, 2019, 02:19:27 AM
Reply #34

stirlingblue

Still 30m, and I'd like a buyback clause

Buyback clause would be pointless as he wouldn’t want to sign another contract here.

May 20, 2019, 02:48:37 AM
Reply #35

velimski

I actually rate him.

Not sure where he gets the reputation for having a bad attitude from either, unless I've missed something?

May 20, 2019, 02:58:09 AM
Reply #36

Shogun

Administrator
I actually rate him.

Not sure where he gets the reputation for having a bad attitude from either, unless I've missed something?

Definitely not lazy when he’s on the pitch.

Reading between the lines of Silva’s press conferences throughout the season suggests there’s been an issue with his application though.
I never claimed to be a saint

May 20, 2019, 03:08:50 AM
Reply #37

velimski

Definitely not lazy when he’s on the pitch.

Reading between the lines of Silva’s press conferences throughout the season suggests there’s been an issue with his application though.

Fair enough, I don't really listen/read the press conferences.

I think the talent is definitely there. I can see enough from his cameo appearances to suggest he's got something special in him.

Think he'd blossom with a proper run in the side starting games. Whether that's with us or not i think he's got in him.

May 20, 2019, 03:34:04 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

He also shows very little intelligence when he's on the pitch, he wanders all over the place and leaves the side unbalanced. I get he wants to make an impression in the few chances he has but he tends to follow the play instead of maintaining the shape of the side and watching it develop. Probably due to having little game time during the past few years when he should have been learning his trade.

May 20, 2019, 04:46:26 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He causes so many problems with his 1v1 ability and ability to make good passes into the area. Plus he's got a v good finish on him. Will have egg on our face in a few years if we let him go I think.

I understand there must be something happening behind the scenes as to why it isn't working, but I think it would be better for us overall if Marco could make it work with Lookman if at all possible.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2019, 04:54:48 PM
Reply #40

blue1948

He causes so many problems with his 1v1 ability and ability to make good passes into the area. Plus he's got a v good finish on him. Will have egg on our face in a few years if we let him go I think.

I understand there must be something happening behind the scenes as to why it isn't working, but I think it would be better for us overall if Marco could make it work with Lookman if at all possible.

I think he has tried to sort it with Mola but it has got no better so we can only assume it is his application not ability.

May 20, 2019, 05:04:13 PM
Reply #41

ally2

I still rate him. Definite raw ability. Far too much read into his 'attitude' from very little evidence. I'm happy too accept whichever judgement is come to from those who know him best.

May 20, 2019, 05:07:44 PM
Reply #42

Ross

Every time I’ve seen Silva questioned about Lookman he’s said he’s training well or words to that effect so I can’t understand where this “attitude” problem is coming from?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 20, 2019, 05:25:14 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What's that, a black players attitude and intelligence being questioned on The Internet?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2019, 05:57:01 PM
Reply #44

gizzblue

If he stays he needs to try and emulate Bernard ...the perfect player model for him to aspire towards ...if he did he would be pure class...cos he knows where the net is too ....but again his failure to userp Wallcot isn't good imho.
Born not made a blue .