July 21, 2019, 10:19:14 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 10143 times)

May 21, 2019, 12:37:03 AM
Reply #60

Ross

This is literally the opposite of what he says in press conferences

Not the ones Iíve seen or the quotes in the media.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 21, 2019, 08:09:01 AM
Reply #61

howard1334

I for one will be very sad to seem him go.  He's more skillful than anyone in the squad, including Bernard.  I am always filled with anticipation when he is on the field. 

I get people's frustration with him, but at the same time think people are being far too harsh.  The dude was treated like shit by Sam Alardyce and then had a dream half season in the Bundesliga, where he played the best football of his career.  He understandably wanted to return to RB Leipzig, a club that is going places -- including the Champions League next season.  But not once did he say anything negative about Everton.  Instead he got on with things.  And his performances when he received playing time this season were generally solid, and definitely a cut above Walcott's.  And I don't recall, despite suggestions above, that his effort in any games was particularly poor, nor him being a defensive liability. 

May 21, 2019, 08:17:15 AM
Reply #62

Robber Rodwell

I for one will be very sad to seem him go.  He's more skillful than anyone in the squad, including Bernard.  I am always filled with anticipation when he is on the field. 

I get people's frustration with him, but at the same time think people are being far too harsh.  The dude was treated like shit by Sam Alardyce and then had a dream half season in the Bundesliga, where he played the best football of his career.  He understandably wanted to return to RB Leipzig, a club that is going places -- including the Champions League next season.  But not once did he say anything negative about Everton.  Instead he got on with things.  And his performances when he received playing time this season were generally solid, and definitely a cut above Walcott's.  And I don't recall, despite suggestions above, that his effort in any games was particularly poor, nor him being a defensive liability. 

Great post I agree 100%.  Give the lad an extended run out.  He should sulk sitting on a bench every week.  Show me one great player who was happy to be a sub.

May 21, 2019, 10:03:34 AM
Reply #63

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I don't really have any issue with him, but the facts as we know them seem to be that Silva doesn't as yet trust him enough to play him all that often, he's got limited time left on his contract so it's probably looking more than likely that we will end up selling.

In terms of him "getting on with things" didn't he basically down tools last summer in looking to get that move back to the BL? He basically had no pre-season because of it. He has seemingly got on with things since, but evidently things don't seem entirely smooth behind the scenes given his appearances.

May 21, 2019, 11:47:21 AM
Reply #64

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The problem with Lookman is that Lukaku took him under his wing off the field, not on it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 21, 2019, 12:58:30 PM
Reply #65

stirlingblue

No point having players here who donít want to be and arenít putting the effort in during training.

Much as it pains me to say it, get rid now rather than let his contract run down.

May 21, 2019, 03:26:05 PM
Reply #66

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon he'll be another Deulofeu.
Go on to have a good solid career, but not exactly set the world alight.

Although, there's still time for both of them to kick on upwards.

May 21, 2019, 03:28:13 PM
Reply #67

GrantyBoy78

Why are some of our fans so obsessed with certain fringe players? People seem to put potential above  productivity.

Iíve not seen anything to suggest Lookman could even have the career of an average PL winger like Townsend or Lennon.

Itís like Besic all over again.

Oh, and Bundesliga is shit, hence his relative success over in Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 21, 2019, 03:31:54 PM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why are some of our fans so obsessed with certain fringe players? People seem to put potential above  productivity.

Iíve not seen anything to suggest Lookman could even have the career of an average PL winger like Townsend or Lennon.

Itís like Besic all over again.

Oh, and Bundesliga is shit, hence his relative success over in Germany.

Oh my Christ stop it please.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 21, 2019, 03:34:20 PM
Reply #69

GrantyBoy78

Oh my Christ stop it please.
Whatís wrong with that. Right div, you lately.

May 21, 2019, 03:39:18 PM
Reply #70

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís wrong with that. Right div, you lately.

You saying bundesliga is shit all the time.

Donít get why you keep saying this?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 21, 2019, 07:27:53 PM
Reply #71

GrantyBoy78

Bayern and Dortmund aside, there just isnít much money in that league. EPL reserve players like Reiss Nelson and Jadon Sancho have gone there and looked great. Also, see Lookmanís spell at RBL.

Spurs dicked Dortmund and the shite dicked Bayern in the CL.

Youíve got teams like Shalke (who finished 2nd recently) losing Meyer, Kolasinac and Goretzka on free transfers because they canít pay a competitive wage. Meyer was one of the better players in that league and heís on the bench on Palace.

Iím not criticising the business model of the clubs in the Bundesliga; I can see why they want to take fringe players from bloated PL teams and give them a platform, but thatís because of necessity, as much as anything else.

May 21, 2019, 08:08:59 PM
Reply #72

Evertonian in NC

maybe not loads of money, but that just means they give young players more chances - and it's very competitive and enetertaining football.

I enjoy it far more than La Liga.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 22, 2019, 01:43:54 AM
Reply #73

howard1334

Reckon he'll be another Deulofeu.
Go on to have a good solid career, but not exactly set the world alight.

Although, there's still time for both of them to kick on upwards.

Deulofeu basically did set the world alight in the second half of the season. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 22, 2019, 04:16:48 AM
Reply #74

Toddacelli

I was really hoping for a turnaround with Lookman and Vlasic (I've given up on Besic now) as two talented youngsters with bags of potential who were possibly treated badly by the previous management regime.

I had hoped that part of Brands' remit was to bring these two back into the fold and getting them to believe they can produce for Everton. It doesn't seem to be happening though, and I expect one, if not both, to make us eat our words if the leave.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates