July 21, 2019, 10:08:01 PM

Author Topic: Mitrovic  (Read 6943 times)

May 18, 2019, 01:57:22 AM
Reply #30

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can sort of see the logic in it, but was hoping we'd get a more clinical finisher as part of the package. He'd be good at bringing others into the game though.

May 18, 2019, 01:58:57 AM
Reply #31

gizzblue

Would seem Silva can get the best out of those who want to be here .....id take Mitro over what we have ...but keep DCL to fight him all the way for the position .
Born not made a blue .

May 18, 2019, 02:01:44 AM
Reply #32

Waltzer

Fuck it, I think he'd be a revelation and we should be all over this. His hold up play and work rate are really good, his goal scoring record isn't the best, but you need to take into account who he's playing for and chance that get created for him. He's still young and will give us a genuine bully up top in the mold of Costa, I really, really hope this comes off

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 18, 2019, 02:12:30 AM
Reply #33

TheTone

Has got red card in the derby written all over him the mad bastard

May 18, 2019, 02:13:49 AM
Reply #34

gizzblue

Has got red card in the derby written all over him the mad bastard

Good we've been to nice for too long   :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

May 18, 2019, 02:16:47 AM
Reply #35

ajax_andy

Had a purple patch then scored 2 between Jan and May I think it was. DCL scored more in the 2nd half of the season and many don't think he's good enough to lead the line.

I get he holds it up well and is a handful, but I'm not sure his goal output would make it a worthwhile signing.  Despite Fulham being relegated he wouldn't be cheap... Just don't see this being a goer personally

May 18, 2019, 03:27:57 AM
Reply #36

Cereal Killer

Enjoyed watching him in the World Cup, a pain the arse for defenders.

And his finishing was shocking

For the amount we'll need to pay I don't think it's the right move

He's like a Heskey
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:29:09 AM by Cereal Killer »

May 18, 2019, 03:45:56 AM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
And his finishing was shocking

For the amount we'll need to pay I don't think it's the right move

He's like a Heskey

Oh, so you know his price then, how much ?

May 18, 2019, 03:48:53 AM
Reply #38

Cereal Killer

Oh, so you know his price then, how much ?

As much as the next man, unless the next man is you, when no thought is applied, but since you asked so nicely without sounding like a cock....

They paid £22m for him, let's just say £28m minimum

May 18, 2019, 03:56:44 AM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As much as the next man, unless the next man is you, when no thought is applied, but since you asked so nicely without sounding like a cock....

Easily worth 30 m

May 18, 2019, 03:57:41 AM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

That’s fuck all in this market though. You wouldn’t get someone who’s had a great season in the championship for much less

May 18, 2019, 04:06:33 AM
Reply #41

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Had a purple patch then scored 2 between Jan and May I think it was. DCL scored more in the 2nd half of the season and many don't think he's good enough to lead the line.

I get he holds it up well and is a handful, but I'm not sure his goal output would make it a worthwhile signing.  Despite Fulham being relegated he wouldn't be cheap... Just don't see this being a goer personally

Yeah, he got a bunch of headlines early in the season because he was getting goals and you saw a lot of lazy headlines having a go at Newcastle/Benetiz for letting him go because they were struggling to score...but I think he reverted to type a bit in the second half, also perhaps after PL defenders/managers had a second bite of working out how to play against him. I think he'd likely still be getting around the same low double figures goal return here.

I'd imagine his link up play would improve us beyond what DCL gives us, so yes the overall the team would likely be better, but I don't know that's enough of a reason. The good thing about him is that given he's 24, we'd likely still get a decent return on him if it didn't work out so well after a couple of years.

May 18, 2019, 04:14:58 AM
Reply #42

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That’s fuck all in this market though. You wouldn’t get someone who’s had a great season in the championship for much less

Unless he has a release clause, for a striker that has played in the PL and scored a few goals, I'd be amazed if Fulham didn't ask something in the 40-ish range. Initially, maybe even something like 50 million.

May 18, 2019, 04:20:58 AM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Nahhh.

May 18, 2019, 04:31:05 AM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think he missed a huge amount of attempts.

Something like second most shots in the PL.

So I don’t think he didn’t get chances with Fulham.