July 21, 2019, 10:13:23 PM

Author Topic: Mitrovic  (Read 6944 times)

May 18, 2019, 04:31:05 AM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm kinda meh about this
Simply simply lovely

May 18, 2019, 04:39:10 AM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Think he missed a huge amount of attempts.

Something like second most shots in the PL.

So I donít think he didnít get chances with Fulham.

Yeah, he's a solid 8-12 goal season guy I think even in a side that creates a bit more. Although, we weren't exactly creating loads for DCL or whoever to miss in the middle of the season there.

Surprised he only got 3 assist last season too.

May 18, 2019, 04:41:20 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
Trust Brands.
I never claimed to be a saint

May 18, 2019, 04:54:49 AM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

I'd have to see it from a more reputable, local source to invest too much importance in it.

Wouldn't be my first choice tbh.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 18, 2019, 04:57:29 AM
Reply #49

Macca77

Wouldn't go higher than 20 million

May 18, 2019, 05:01:05 AM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator
Think he missed a huge amount of attempts.

Something like second most shots in the PL.

So I donít think he didnít get chances with Fulham.

Scored a brace in January and a penalty in April and that was it in 2019.

I was wondering if it was a case of being at Fulham was the problem or would Fulham have done better if he'd scored more, you've probably answered the question.

May 18, 2019, 05:46:25 AM
Reply #51

GrantyBoy78

Because of FFP and being hamstrung by our previous poor dealings, we wonít be able to fix every aspect of this squad over the summer. There will have to be a few cute, somewhat pragmatic signings and this could be one of them. We could even get him on loan for a season. Heíd improve us and get goals.

Improving is an incremental process. Get Mitrovic for a year or two then sell and get better; hopefully as our profile improves and we become less encumbered by the Koeman/Walsh legacy.

If we can go into next season with Augustin (who I think can play across the front 3), DCL and Mitrovic- thatís a decent, realistic rotation of strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 18, 2019, 05:47:40 AM
Reply #52

Mayor Farnum

If he was playing in a Fulham team that was getting little possession and was feeding off scraps he was probably shooting at every available opportunity. There's chances and there's chances.

May 18, 2019, 06:32:52 AM
Reply #53

markB

we all can see  the club are looking at getting rid of 3 up top that are doing nothing for us , would he do more for us than the ones going out , well that's easy YES

as for what about him V DCL  https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison  on that he would be the player starting games

May 18, 2019, 07:15:24 AM
Reply #54

Evertonian in NC

Unless he has a release clause, for a striker that has played in the PL and scored a few goals, I'd be amazed if Fulham didn't ask something in the 40-ish range. Initially, maybe even something like 50 million.

Like I said, my Fulham buddy has heard since the drop that 50m from China is already at least a handshake.  We are not gonna convince them to take a 40% discount because he'd rather stay in England.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 18, 2019, 09:44:26 AM
Reply #55

Old England Toffee

I'm a fan. Suites the way Silva plays and knows where the net is.

Just sounds a bit standard as he's not called Anderson de Ronaldo the Brazilian maestro who scored 40 goals in 45 games for Boavista, 10 of them bicycle kicks, in Portugal last season and has Colombian grandmother who banged Carlos Valderama.

I'm sure we will get these leftfield signing as well though.

So valderama has the taste in women as rooney

May 18, 2019, 10:36:18 AM
Reply #56

Jamokachi

I don't think this will happen.

May 18, 2019, 10:48:27 AM
Reply #57

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Like I said, my Fulham buddy has heard since the drop that 50m from China is already at least a handshake.  We are not gonna convince them to take a 40% discount because he'd rather stay in England.

Oh, missed that, I suppose though that sort of deal would depend heavily on the player's aspirations. If he wants to earn a ridiculous amount of money (understandable) he might happily go there, if he's more about testing himself in the PL, more recognition, etc then they'd have to listen to other offers that might be far short of the Chinese inflated prices.

May 18, 2019, 10:50:13 AM
Reply #58

KoemansNumberTens

Likewise they arenít going to convince him to go to China just because itís a lot of money for Fulham

May 18, 2019, 12:03:03 PM
Reply #59

Toddacelli

we all can see  the club are looking at getting rid of 3 up top that are doing nothing for us , would he do more for us than the ones going out , well that's easy YES

as for what about him V DCL  https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison  on that he would be the player starting games

Cheers for this link it's fucking gold!

I'm always asking folk on here for stats because I don't get to watch enough football outside of Everton - now I can do my own dirty work! :)

So I compared DCL and Mitro on the above link. A couple of things really stood out to me:

Mitrovic scored 11 of his goals from inside the box (6 with his head) compared to DCL's 5 (and 4 with his head). I think we need this quality in the team.

For all the praises of DCL's work-rate and hold up play - Mitrovic's figures are through the roof:

DCL  /  Mitrovic

Passes:  430  / 1,026
Pass completion%:  61  /  72
Passes forward:  118  /  212
Passes backward:  94  /  339
Touches:  802  /  1,684 

Twice as many touches as DCL. He did play 2 more games than DCL but that's nothing over a season. I found that quite impressive, although it does look as though maybe Fulham were playing everything up to him every single time.

My only thing with Mitrovic is that he doesn't really look like a footballer. He's another one like Grant Holt. Looks like a Sunday league player who turns up at the pub carpark with a hangover, stinking of booze at 9.00am and eating last night's pizza for breakfast. He just doesn't look healthy to me.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates