November 21, 2019, 08:29:17 PM

Author Topic: Callum Wilson  (Read 3323 times)

May 18, 2019, 05:38:37 AM
Read 3323 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Being linked for £35m

Not posting the link as itís from THAT paper.

Says we may have to offload Gueye to finance deals for him, Gomes and Zouma
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 18, 2019, 05:57:48 AM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Heíd cost nearer £50m in this market. Think he was linked with Arsenal for £50m recently.

We donít have to sell to buy in the old sense of the term, but who knows how close we are to FFP thresholds? 

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 18, 2019, 06:11:43 AM
Reply #2

bluestevie

Being linked for £35m

Not posting the link as itís from THAT paper.

Says we may have to offload Gueye to finance deals for him, Gomes and Zouma

We selling Idrissa for £90m then?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 18, 2019, 09:19:44 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

Heíd cost nearer £50m in this market. Think he was linked with Arsenal for £50m recently.

We donít have to sell to buy in the old sense of the term, but who knows how close we are to FFP thresholds? 

FFP doesn't matter a whole lot when you aren't playing in Europe anyway
Are we there yet?

May 18, 2019, 09:49:25 AM
Reply #4

Old England Toffee

FFP doesn't matter a whole lot when you aren't playing in Europe anyway

you can guarantee whilst every club gets a slap on the wrist and a 10p fine, as soon as we break FFP rules, everton will be blown up and hoyed into the sea. All the everton fans will be rounded up on an island and forced to make scarfs and badges for the redshite to commerate beating west brom and coming second.

May 18, 2019, 10:44:14 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not for me. Decent player but not that impressed with him for the amount it'd probably cost.

His scoring record isn't particularly good, he's had some bad injuries already, and he's 27 which is on the upper side of age range I think we should go for as I do think we have to have one eye on sell on value for right now at least.

May 18, 2019, 01:18:07 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

He'd cost nearer £50m in this market. Think he was linked with Arsenal for £50m recently.

We don't have to sell to buy in the old sense of the term, but who knows how close we are to FFP thresholds? 

I could be completely wrong here, but I recall something that stated the way Moshiri bought additional shares not too long ago it meant we're classed as a new purchase, meaning the financial fair play clock got reset. The cost of transfers are then averaged out over a number of years meaning we should be good to invest quite heavily if we chose? Hopefully someone more informed will correct, but there's something at the back of my mind about this!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 18, 2019, 01:49:00 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Heís not getting any better at his age and with his injuries. Canít see Brands thinking this deal would make any sense whatsoever.

May 18, 2019, 02:05:30 PM
Reply #8

indiantoffee1975

Brands said they would be looking at bringing in players this summer within the age group of 21-24. This won't happen.

May 18, 2019, 02:14:52 PM
Reply #9

ajax_andy

If it's Wilson or Mitrovic I'd take Wilson all day long

May 18, 2019, 04:06:29 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If it's Wilson or Mitrovic I'd take Wilson all day long

Other way round for me, for age reasons if nothing else.

On a general point...

The problem with both of them is that theyíre often thrown up as having great seasons but they scored less/ about the same as players we already have.

Itís then that type of player handle pressure here when the crowd gets on youíre back as you havenít scored in 8 games.

May 18, 2019, 04:47:09 PM
Reply #11

Alanvideo

We really don't need yet another average player ,we need another  Lukaku-type find.  Hope Brands has someone  in mind .
Also there's talk in The Echo about bringing Ramirez back to see if he can play under Silva .
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 18, 2019, 05:06:44 PM
Reply #12

Dr. Sponge

Iíd take Mitrovic over Wilson. Thereís not much between them but Mitrovic is younger and would probably be a bit cheaper.

May 18, 2019, 05:14:19 PM
Reply #13

gizzblue

We really don't need yet another average player ,we need another  Lukaku-type find.  Hope Brands has someone  in mind .
Also there's talk in The Echo about bringing Ramirez back to see if he can play under Silva .

If anyone can get a time out of him I rekon it's Silva ...but I won't be holdding my breath on that happening .  shakeyheadman
Born not made a blue .

May 18, 2019, 05:51:00 PM
Reply #14

TheTone

Ramirez? Hahahahaha

The Echo ?hahahahaha

Fucking Sandro Ramirez? hahahaha