December 09, 2019, 09:17:19 PM

Author Topic: Joao Pedro Sousa  (Read 2632 times)

May 18, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
Read 2632 times

Waltzer

Don't know how instrumental he is in Silvas decision making, but you'd expect quite a bit considering he's his assistant. Be interesting to see who we get in to replace

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/779667/Everton-Marco-Silva-Joao-Pedro-Sousa?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 18, 2019, 03:41:49 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
What a pathetic headline there - ‘jumping ship’ insinuating that there are problems at the club
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 18, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
What a pathetic headline there - ‘jumping ship’ insinuating that there are problems at the club

It's far more dramatic and easier to make as a headline than "young assistant manager gets his first opportunity at management and in his home country too"

May 18, 2019, 06:33:56 PM
Reply #3

SteB

Wonder how much of an influence he has on everything. Slightly concerned but I don't know enough about what he does to be properly concerned. Can anyone shed any light?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/17/marco-silvas-everton-assistant-joao-pedro-sousa-poised-leave/

Marco Silva’s right hand man is poised to quit Everton to take a management role in Portugal.

Joao Pedro Sousa, the Goodison assistant manager, is set to join Portuguese side FC Famalicao ahead of next season.

Sousa has management ambitions of his own and is ready to return home to take up the position at the newly promoted club. He has been offered a two year deal by Famalicao.

Sousa’s departure would end of a well-established partnership with Silva.

They have formed part of the same coaching team throughout Silva’s career working at Sporting Lisbon, Olympiakos, Hull City and Watford before Sousa followed Silva to Goodison Park.

Silva and Sousa were also teammates in their playing career at Trofense during the late 90s.

It is the lure of becoming a number one that appears to be behind Sousa’s decision.

Famalicao are a former club  - he previously worked there as as an assistant manager in 2009-10 - and the club is looking for a coach to establish them in the Portuguese top flight. The club was recently promoted to its country’s top division after a 25 year wait.

May 18, 2019, 06:40:28 PM
Reply #4

Robioto

Certainly is a little worring seeing as he's been a mainstay.

May 18, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

May 18, 2019, 07:16:17 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not too arsed.

Plenty of clubs in the past have lost their assistant managers and coped just fine.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 19, 2019, 12:57:20 AM
Reply #7

BlueForYou

Someone used to winning

Someone who has coached the best

Someone who knows Goodison

Time for the three M's: Marcel, Marco & Mikel

City will cope just fine
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2019, 01:03:02 AM
Reply #8

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Someone used to winning

Someone who has coached the best

Someone who knows Goodison

Time for the three M's: Marcel, Marco & Mikel

City will cope just fine

Never gonna happen
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 19, 2019, 02:26:30 AM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

Lyon considering Arteta
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2019, 05:40:48 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

Not too arsed.

Plenty of clubs in the past have lost their assistant managers and coped just fine.

I remember people claiming the wheels would come off for Liverpool the Klopp's assistant left... doesn't seem to have worked out too badly!

May 19, 2019, 04:15:49 PM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

Unsworth to move up and Ebbrell to take charge of U23's?

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2019, 04:29:48 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to say what to hope for because I think that role can be a bit black box can't it.

I guess someone he knows or whatever will get the job, but I would personally not want it to be unsworth or anyone else from the club currently. I'd want a purely silva / brands hire.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2019, 06:54:04 PM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

Unsworth to move up and Ebbrell to take charge of U23's?
.................and Dunc to retain responsibility for cones ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 19, 2019, 07:22:44 PM
Reply #14

BlueForYou

Bulletproof

Dunc, not the cones
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:26:41 PM by BlueForYou »

Harry Catterick