December 09, 2019, 09:17:16 PM

Author Topic: Tosun Leaving?  (Read 3651 times)

May 22, 2019, 04:31:30 PM
Read 3651 times

Macca77

May 22, 2019, 05:54:21 PM
Reply #1

Robioto

Schalke and Dortmund? I thought the kind of club going for him would be of lesser quality to be honest.

Looking at Dortmund's squad I suppose he could be used as a backup to Alcacer? Schalke have had a bad season, but still have Embolo and Uth, although they scored a poor 7 goals between them in the league so perhaps they are looking for other options.

Anyway, who cares who he goes to, if we get a good fee to go towards another better forward, then I'm happy.

May 22, 2019, 06:15:30 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Another player we'll blow money on but we need space on the wage bill. Hasn't really worked for him and he clearly doesn't figure in Silva's plans so if we can get a reasonable fee for him then so be it.

May 22, 2019, 06:35:52 PM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

always assumed Tosun and Walcott were out the door
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

May 22, 2019, 09:15:35 PM
Reply #4

markB

always assumed Tosun and Walcott were out the door

hope so but I think Walcott will be next jan and move to the MLS 2 new teams in there will be looking players

May 22, 2019, 09:39:47 PM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

hope so but I think Walcott will be next jan and move to the MLS 2 new teams in there will be looking players

Would likely be a good result for all 3 parties involved
Are we there yet?

May 22, 2019, 09:47:35 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I don't know anything about MLS procedures (apart from that weird posting system that we discussed here when Howard went there), but I would hope we could arrange it before January.  I know that I read (or heard on NBCSN) MLS was a likely/plausible destination.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

May 22, 2019, 10:48:55 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Couldn’t tell you one thing Tosun does well.

He’s not bad but he excels at nothing.

May 22, 2019, 11:20:22 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Good finisher I think.

XG = goals type striker. Get him enough chances and he will bag I reckon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2019, 11:24:24 PM
Reply #9

74Blue

He's a decent finisher, but he's not the workhorse lone striker that we generally need. He's not quite the constant nuisance that DCL is starting to become. If we could somehow pair DCL's nuisance value and workrate with Tosun's finishing and morph it into a single player, we would have exactly what we need right now.

May 23, 2019, 12:55:21 AM
Reply #10

markB

He's a decent finisher, but he's not the workhorse lone striker that we generally need. He's not quite the constant nuisance that DCL is starting to become. If we could somehow pair DCL's nuisance value and workrate with Tosun's finishing and morph it into a single player, we would have exactly what we need right now.

he is a 2nd striker to be played instead of a 10  a 4 4 11 not a 4 4 1 1

May 23, 2019, 01:03:26 AM
Reply #11

Mayor Farnum

You'd imagine he'd jump at the chance if those two clubs are genuinely interested.

Probably mistime the jump like but....
Something clever written by someone else.

May 23, 2019, 01:35:42 AM
Reply #12

Makis

Nah, he's so slow he'd miss the chance.

May 23, 2019, 06:01:43 PM
Reply #13

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
It is very hard for a striker to play well coming from the bench as a sub and meaningfully impact the game in 10 minutes.

I think it is more an indication of how well DCL has done to make the position his own since it was up for grabs. I'm not sure it is a lack of effort or desire on Tosun's part, but more the fact he has never really been able to get any sort of form going, and therefore his confidence is now very low.

I think there will be a club out there that will end up with a huge bargain on their hands if he becomes their main striker, especially if he plays in an easier league. I do agree that he isn't particularly suited for our system, and as long as we can obtain a reasonable fee for him, then it would be in both parties interests to move on.

May 23, 2019, 08:20:11 PM
Reply #14

Mayor Farnum

It is very hard for a striker to play well coming from the bench as a sub and meaningfully impact the game in 10 minutes.

I think it is more an indication of how well DCL has done to make the position his own since it was up for grabs. I'm not sure it is a lack of effort or desire on Tosun's part, but more the fact he has never really been able to get any sort of form going, and therefore his confidence is now very low.

I think there will be a club out there that will end up with a huge bargain on their hands if he becomes their main striker, especially if he plays in an easier league. I do agree that he isn't particularly suited for our system, and as long as we can obtain a reasonable fee for him, then it would be in both parties interests to move on.
[/quot

DCL has justified a run in the side but "made the place his own' is stretching it a bit.
Something clever written by someone else.