7 (10.3%)
Ronald Koeman
17 (25%)
Sam Allardyce
43 (63.2%)
Marco Silva
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton managers in the 21st century  (Read 1883 times)

May 27, 2019, 11:23:07 PM
Read 1883 times

Shogun

Administrator
Who did you most dislike?

Tough between Koeman and Allardyce for me.

I’d go with Koeman though just because he was more arsed about holidays in the algarve than being a football manager.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:13:08 AM by Shogun »
I never claimed to be a saint

May 27, 2019, 11:27:06 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Dislike? As a manager? Koeman lazy idiot that cost us 10s of millions in the market because he had no interest in actual team builder vs Martinez lunatic whoís completely flawed philosophy trumped actually performance and results in his mind

Iím gonna go with Martinez because I think he tried to take us all for idiots

May 27, 2019, 11:27:40 PM
Reply #2

Mac934

Fat Sam for me, only interested in himself. No interest in Everton at all.

May 27, 2019, 11:31:29 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Fat Sam for me, only interested in himself. No interest in Everton at all.

More than koeman who apparently couldnít really be arsed going to work too much?

I think the problem with allardyce is heís a bit fragile in terms of his reputation and it all descended. Really donít think he performed that badly though, was sacked despite doing much better than the previous 2 were doing when they lost their jobs and his payoff was a hell of a lot less

People donít like allardyce but the other 2 did much more harm

May 27, 2019, 11:34:55 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

Koeman for me . With his background I was expecting great things but he seemed to antagonise fans and players alike.
As for Allardyce ,we knew what we were getting and he was never accepted by the majority of fans. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 27, 2019, 11:40:52 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce generally but as Everton manager he was exactly what he was always going to be so Koeman is more irritating because he should ha e been better

May 27, 2019, 11:57:03 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Koeman. At least all the others wanted to be the Everton manager.

May 27, 2019, 11:58:57 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Allardyce. Horrendous man. Still regularly going on about us on the radio version of the Sun. Embittered, grubby, nasty little man. Like the footballing equivalent of Trump.

Yes, Koeman wasn't great, but the club fucked up as well by giving him as PE teacher as his director of football. Also, he's still Ronald Koeman. He's earned a certain level of respect (for me), just from his playing career.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 28, 2019, 12:07:35 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman. Dull, uninspiring football and threw the towel in at the first sign of trouble.

Allardyce a very close second for thinking drawing to bottom of the league was a good result and for the PR campaign we had to endure when he left.

Like Moyes and Martinez and wish them well.

Have no opinion on Walter Smith as he was before my time but get the impression he was a very good manager who was here at the wrong time.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 28, 2019, 12:12:54 AM
Reply #9

Ross

Koeman.

What a ridiculous appointment that was. Clear from the very first links he had no desire to be here or cared anything about the club.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 28, 2019, 12:38:50 AM
Reply #10

blue1948

Allardyce for me and I couldn't think of a worse manager .None of the others are even close .
I couldn't believe we went for him ,couldn't believe the way we played and I still can't believe he gets away with it .
I would honestly find it hard to say a good word about him ,I do think it has been Mr Moshiri's biggest mistake .
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:41:12 AM by blue1948 »

May 28, 2019, 12:45:47 AM
Reply #11

Macca77

Allardyce the horrible fat cunt

May 28, 2019, 12:46:14 AM
Reply #12

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The attacking stats under Allardyce were inexcusable. Genuinely inexcusable. I saw something in one of the matches we had more shots on target in that one game than Allardyce had in like 2 or so months. He blew a fortune on Tosun and Walcott and also tried to massage the final Unsworth result into his own win ratio. The trait of an utter shithouse.

As @TheRam pointed out the PR campaign upon his sacking was a disgrace too.

Koeman was a bad gimp like. 

May 28, 2019, 01:12:31 AM
Reply #13

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman. Dull, uninspiring football and threw the towel in at the first sign of trouble.

Allardyce a very close second for thinking drawing to bottom of the league was a good result and for the PR campaign we had to endure when he left.

Like Moyes and Martinez and wish them well.

Have no opinion on Walter Smith as he was before my time but get the impression he was a very good manager who was here at the wrong time.

Had high hopes of Smith - especially with some of the signings, but he was also,if I remember, a bit too strict at times, losing the players along the way.

On a side note, you fucking young bastard. I was 18 when Smith came in
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 28, 2019, 01:32:25 AM
Reply #14

penguinofdoom1878

Allardyce for me, sucked the joy out of supporting Everton. Made it all about him, when we won it was all because he's amazing, we lost it was the players who were at fault. Made it out we should have been grateful for him being there, as did his media buddies.