7 (10.3%)
Ronald Koeman
17 (25%)
Sam Allardyce
43 (63.2%)
Marco Silva
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton managers in the 21st century  (Read 1884 times)

May 28, 2019, 01:35:56 AM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
Allardyce just edges Martinez. I try not to count that Allardyce managed us as he was caretaker in all but name.

Really grew to detest Martinez with some of the shite he said and did, it was like watching the footballing equivalent of The Shining as he slowly turned into crazed, rambling idiot hell bent on murdering our club. Although in reality it was just him being his normal self.

May 28, 2019, 01:36:02 AM
Reply #16

BlueBeagle

Koeman - Plainly not interested in his job at all.

Allerdyce - No explanation needed.

Martinez - 1st season great, 2nd and 3rd a joke of a manager.

Moyes - Did OK with what he had.

Smith - Too young at the time to remember much other than Kev Campbell being class.

Worst for me is Koeman. I don't really class Allerdyce as ever really being manager.

May 28, 2019, 01:38:42 AM
Reply #17

Cozzie

Has to be chippy tits surely. Still can't believe in a month of Sundays he managed us.

Koeman was a lazy bastard like, I really wanted it to work as well for him.

May 28, 2019, 01:44:09 AM
Reply #18

Macca77

Anyone remember Mike Walker?

May 28, 2019, 01:49:19 AM
Reply #19

Alanvideo

I'm happy to say I was working abroad for the entire Walter Smith reign and came back to coincide with the Moyes appointment - recommended by Smith apparently. Although the footie was dire ,I think WS was a decent man but came at the wrong time and was badly misled by the club ,especially over the Dunc transfer.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 28, 2019, 01:56:13 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce easily
Smith tried to build a decent side then the money evaporated and he did what he could
Noyes, thanks, 2 seasons too long tho maybe and absolute lack of ambition against the big sides
Martinez, first season amazing then utter wank and painful listening to him tell us we were amazing
Koeman, didn't get us, sheister.
Simply simply lovely

May 28, 2019, 02:04:12 AM
Reply #21

sam of the south

Has to be chippy tits surely. Still can't believe in a month of Sundays he managed us.

Koeman was a lazy bastard like, I really wanted it to work as well for him.

Chippy Tits is up there with Vile Shite 👌🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 28, 2019, 02:46:32 AM
Reply #22

velimski

Allardyce for sure.

Left the stadium when we were 4-0 down at half time away to Arsenal, and vowed to not go to another game whilst he was still in charge.

Thankfully he got sacked 3 months later.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:47:36 AM by velimski »

May 28, 2019, 03:01:36 AM
Reply #23

ally2

Very hard but I wnet for Martinez.  I could take losing games and I could take him giving it the positive spin but I never could accept him telling everyone how brilliant eveything was when we were pumped everywhere.  He was too stupid to understand the damage that did.  Utter, utter incompetent, deluded very strange bloke.

Smith - some decent signings and some terrible ones.  In the grand scheme of things he was ok in context.

I liked Koeman.  Conversely I liked that he wasn't arsed.  I feel the whole excessive sentimentality around the club actually gets in the way and I was perfectly happy for him to live and die by his results.  He was undone purely by Lukaku leaving and a poor recruitment strategy thereafter.

Moyes - garbage football and I'm fed up of people telling me how good it was 'at times'.  Yes it was for a season or so when he knew he had to start playing some decent stuff to be accepted at united but time has told - he is safety first and that gets you nowhere.

Allardyce - we knew what we were getting and I found the personal abuse of him a stain on our club and its fans.  I know I'm in the minority but don't give a shit.  I never wanted him either and the way he conducted himself was equally poor.

May 28, 2019, 03:06:03 AM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman - Not arsed was he. Dick head.

Allardyce - Awful. Hateful, cringey man. Cant believe he managed us.

Martinez - Destroyed the club. Absolute psychopath.

Moyes - Delusions of grandeur.

Smith - Too young to remember much.

Conclusion. Hate them all.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

May 28, 2019, 03:13:52 AM
Reply #25

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus weíve had some shite.

Iíd go for Martinez purely on the basis that I genuinely thought he might get us relegated. Such a great first season and then lost the plot completely and started talking utter bollocks.

Koeman, I didnít like the guy but he was pretty much fucked over by our signings and the director of football at the time. Wasnít the right fit for us and was glad to see the back of him.

Allardyce, Iíve just about managed to forget it ever happened and it feels much better that way tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 28, 2019, 03:30:48 AM
Reply #26

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez. Made me fall out of love with football for a while and itís never been quite the same since.

May 28, 2019, 03:54:48 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I do think there was a period there towards the end of Martinez reign that damaged the fans relationship with the club. Just the horrible sense of oh fucking hell we've been had here, this lunatic is going to drive us off the edge of a cliff.

Koeman was a horrible cabbage headed twat and set us back years at a critical point and we've not recovered.

Allardyce was a dreadful, shameful period on the clubs history but he was a symptom of the damage wrought by the other two.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 28, 2019, 04:17:13 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Really winds me up how Koeman and Martinez got better jobs after getting the boot.

Martinez especially shouldíve had to make the drop down to rebuild his career.

Koeman will always get big jobs because of his name. Canít wait to see him ruin Barcelona.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 28, 2019, 04:18:12 AM
Reply #29

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like Martinez is favourite to manage Barca. Fucking hell.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!