7 (10.3%)
Ronald Koeman
17 (25%)
Sam Allardyce
43 (63.2%)
Marco Silva
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton managers in the 21st century  (Read 1881 times)

May 28, 2019, 04:19:34 AM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
OMG as I typed that it looks like Martinez is getting the Barca gig.

What a strange sport football is.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 28, 2019, 04:47:29 AM
Reply #31

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Remember when we were all concerned when Martinez was being linked with Barca in his first season?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 28, 2019, 05:11:01 AM
Reply #32

Sixx1402

Martinez will do well at Barca because they have world class players that suit his playing style.

He's certainly done well with Belgium

Sent from my Moto E (4) using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

May 28, 2019, 06:39:46 AM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
Problem with Martinez is players donít like being told theyíre playing well and everythingís great when theyíre getting tonked every week.

Might work in Belgium but he barely sees those players.
I never claimed to be a saint

May 28, 2019, 06:58:45 AM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

Also he couldn't organise pressing if his life depended on it. When Barca were at their peak, their pressing was as important as what they did with the ball.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 28, 2019, 01:11:18 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez will do well at Barca because they have world class players that suit his playing style.

He's certainly done well with Belgium

Sent from my Moto E (4) using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Donít think heís done that well at Belgium given their squad.

As with players, the WC isnít long enough to judge someone.

But there were all the signs from when he was here, woeful vs Japan but good players pulled the game through.

Good tactical choice vs a team who wonít bend for the opposition and will just play how they want to regardless (Brazil v much like Arsenal).

Sniffed out vs a team who appreciates the pragmatic side of football.

After that didnít he have a mad loss vs Switzerland where they were in control, only needing a draw?

Anyway on the point of the thread...

Itís him. Irrationally or not, I blame him for nearly everything thatís gone wrong since May 2014. Ever since he forgot to organise the preseason games because he was on a jolly in Brazil, the daft get :)

May 28, 2019, 02:00:10 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Haha apparently Barcelona have a 4 man shortlist and 2 of them are Martinez and koeman. 2 genuinely horrendous managers. The club deserves all it gets if it appoints either of them

May 28, 2019, 03:16:08 PM
Reply #37

bigdunc9

Koeman

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 28, 2019, 04:47:29 PM
Reply #38

Tony Clifton

Koeman and Allardyce need to slug it out with rusty weapons to settle this one for me.  Pair of cunts.

May 28, 2019, 06:18:40 PM
Reply #39

formerKHL

Smith - Wrong type of manager at the wrong time for everton
Moyes - Worked hard, good work ethic and his teams reflected that...reached his peak when we finished a worthy 4th but the club couldn't sustain the achievement..
Martinez - right manager with the wrong players...his style of play in the first season typifies him.....the next 2 seasons were a shambles because he didn't realise he didn't have the players to suit his style....
Koeman - had real high expectations from him I think the club let him down....DOF he definitely didn't want or got on with nor his signings...
Allardyce - once said at the game to me mates  when he was with blackburn (if I remember correctly..) "if he ever came to us i'd stop going.." unfortunately he did and so did i....

May 28, 2019, 07:23:56 PM
Reply #40

ally2

This is great therapy

May 28, 2019, 08:34:43 PM
Reply #41

Robioto

Easily Allardyce, he's so far below the others.

May 28, 2019, 08:59:24 PM
Reply #42

Bluenose 91

I feel like I didn't have enough time to get to hate Koeman or Allardyce.

Koeman was bounced for a terrible run of form after a decent first season and it was just obvious Allardyce would never get longer than he did.

Martinez though.  That was two years worth of absolute dross and by the end I fully despised him.

Still can't bare the sight or sound of him now.

May 29, 2019, 02:45:45 AM
Reply #43

D15TIN

Martinez - Inherited a settled top 5/6 side, when he got to proper grips with our squad he completely ruined it, signed mcgeady, niasse, kone, alcaraz, cleverly - reportedly had agreed to sign ahmed elmohamady before he left - he was taking us lower and lower. Two 11th placed finishes with the players he had was pathetic.

Koeman - Initially steadied the ship in his first season saw a lot of improvements early on in his first season, walsh may have been a large part of the problem, but the likes of klaasen will have been his signing - went on too many holidays, don't know how much he cared really.

Allardyce - dark day when he was appointed, but I think at the time it was a necessary move and he did the job he was brought in to do, long term he was all wrong for us though and rightfully let go, he's shut up a bit now of late regarding Everton as weve improved

For me the last couple of Martinez years were some of the worst ive seen at Everton, we had a good side Barkley, Lukaku, Stones, Barry, Baines & Coleman etc and Martinez was more concerned with playing slow tempo across the back 4 for 85mins, then mad panic for the last 5/10 mins of games because we'd be 1 down to west brom or someone shite because he didn't bother working on defending set pieces.

May 29, 2019, 09:15:46 PM
Reply #44

colin

I voted Allardyce but was a toss up between him and Martinez.  Didn't pick Martinez though because the first season was our best in the league during my time as an Evertonian but wow was it sour at the end.  Koeman was a weird one.  Steadied the ship and secured 7th, made a lot of signings everyone was hopeful about.  Then we faced the top six in 4 out of our 5 first games and never recovered.  I think the problems ran a lot deeper than Koeman so never disliked him as much.  I think hiring Walsh was a bigger mistake than Koeman