November 15, 2019, 06:11:33 PM

Author Topic: Zouma  (Read 54427 times)

June 21, 2019, 03:34:36 AM
Reply #60

Cozzie

If Zoumas a no go should try for Jonathan Tah

Don't mate. I've been wanting big Johnny Tah here since I discovered tea bags. I will get too excited.

June 21, 2019, 03:41:42 AM
Reply #61

Bluedylan

Chelsea make stupid, short term decisions all the time. That's almost the basis that the club is run on.

If it was a soundly run, well structured club with long term planning, I'd agree that we've got little or no chance. But it's Chelsea.

Also we wouldn't be in talks unless Zouma was 100% clear he wants to stay (which is also a big factor that people are ignoring).

I think Big Marcel will get him, unless the price is too prohibitive.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 21, 2019, 04:14:37 AM
Reply #62

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Given the prices being banded about for good defenders, how much do we think Zouma is worth? And how longs left on his contrsct?

I think Chelsea are going to say £40m, and I don't think thats sn unfair valuation.  It may be too much for us though.

June 21, 2019, 04:22:53 AM
Reply #63

Waltzer

I'm torn on this one, I'd like Zouma back, but I also think there's much better value out there based on the sums being banded around, which could all be bs? For me Gomes at 22 million was a no brainer, I'm not sure if this is?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 21, 2019, 04:28:00 AM
Reply #64

Toddacelli

In modern football, what does "opened talks" mean?

Plugged the fax machine in and turned it on to give the bulb a minute or two to warm up.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 21, 2019, 04:39:14 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Like him a lot, I don't think hed be the best value out there, but think cbs for the prem are really hard to buy? Physical and useless on the ball, or good on the ball and easily beaten or unable to play a high line.

Zouma for me ticks those boxes, and is a good fit at the club which negates the year or so adaptation period where it could or couldn't work.

Worth the premium maybe.

Only issue of course is we're paying a premium on a player that will help us stand still. Not a very strong place to be in terms of market position.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2019, 04:45:41 AM
Reply #66

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Like him a lot, I don't think hed be the best value out there, but think cbs for the prem are really hard to buy? Physical and useless on the ball, or good on the ball and easily beaten or unable to play a high line.

Zouma for me ticks those boxes, and is a good fit at the club which negates the year or so adaptation period where it could or couldn't work.

Worth the premium maybe.

Only issue of course is we're paying a premium on a player that will help us stand still. Not a very strong place to be in terms of market position.

Serious question, do you think he’s peaked in terms of his ability? I’m talking technical ability and mentality and “know how”.

EDIT: I was meant to tag and ask @Jimmywhack too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:46:49 AM by Bob Sacamano »

June 21, 2019, 05:00:43 AM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Serious question, do you think he's peaked in terms of his ability? I'm talking technical ability and mentality and "know how”.

Not for me pal, I think he will only improve, he's got so much too offer imo, and as much as I love the sex on legs that is gomes I hoped zouma was Defo signing

It's a worry that we have to sign 2 players to be at the level we are, we now need to get them in and improve vastly
Simply simply lovely

June 21, 2019, 05:03:52 AM
Reply #68

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm torn on this one, I'd like Zouma back, but I also think there's much better value out there based on the sums being banded around, which could all be bs? For me Gomes at 22 million was a no brainer, I'm not sure if this is?

Mate, you thought Vlasic should have gone for £20m and £14m was a disgrace.

June 21, 2019, 05:41:04 AM
Reply #69

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

June 21, 2019, 06:22:31 AM
Reply #70

Ramjam

Well big Virgin across the park cost them lot £75m so if we had to fork out even half of that for Zouma you’d have to agree that it was decent business

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 21, 2019, 09:49:43 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Serious question, do you think he’s peaked in terms of his ability? I’m talking technical ability and mentality and “know how”.

Hard to say I think as for me a massive part of cb level is team shape and tactics, so I think you could plonk a 30 year old cb into atleti or a conte side and they might be able to improve massively.

As good as he was for us last year I still don't think he was quite as good as he was in flashes pre-injury for Chelsea, although part of that might be the physical aspect.

Wonder when cbs peak as well? Feels like the kind of position where experience would help immensely, and he's fairly young.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:53:28 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Reply #72

blue1948

Worth the premium maybe.

I can't see that last comment .We were improving every game at the end of the season and he is wiser now but how can the purchase of one player help us stand still? We weren't standing still anyway !

June 21, 2019, 11:52:35 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can't see that last comment .We were improving every game at the end of the season and he is wiser now but how can the purchase of one player help us stand still? We weren't standing still anyway !

I mean we're paying a premium to fill a squad place like for like with the same player.

The team will be exactly the same as last year but we will have spent 30, 40 mil on Zouma rather having him on loan.

One of our big battles this summer was going to be that 2 of our best 11 from last year were temporary players. Good that we're recruiting well but still a challenge.

June 21, 2019, 12:20:04 PM
Reply #74

Waltzer

Mate, you thought Vlasic should have gone for £20m and £14m was a disgrace.
Yes, and?