June 20, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

Author Topic: Boa Morte  (Read 5759 times)

June 06, 2019, 06:09:31 PM
Reply #45

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My alarm bells are ringing yes

Why? Silva wanted somebody who knew the premier league so we went out an got somebody who fitted that description.

You know someone else who would make a better assistant manager?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 06, 2019, 06:17:23 PM
Reply #46

Bluenose 91

Surely it's Silva who picks his own assistant as well?

June 06, 2019, 06:25:57 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why? Silva wanted somebody who knew the premier league so we went out an got somebody who fitted that description.

You know someone else who would make a better assistant manager?

He last played in the prem in 2011 so it can't be that. He's gone and picked someone he knows hasn't he really.

I don't feel massively one way or another but my faith in Everton at the moment is almost entirely based on Marcel brands driving the train. The assistant manager happening to be Marcos old mate doesn't make me think Brands has had anything to do with it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2019, 06:28:34 PM
Reply #48

Gash

Global Moderator
He last played in the prem in 2011 so it can't be that. He's gone and picked someone he knows hasn't he really.

I don't feel massively one way or another but my faith in Everton at the moment is almost entirely based on Marcel brands driving the train. The assistant manager happening to be Marcos old mate doesn't make me think Brands has had anything to do with it.

I'm sure the manager's allowed to have some say in who his right hand man is going to be.

June 06, 2019, 06:29:06 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure the manager's allowed to have some say in who his right hand man is going to be.

I agree broadly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2019, 06:31:03 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Played in the premier league for most of his career. I think heíll have some knowledge of the league.

Silva has chosen his assistant manager, whatís the issue with that?

June 06, 2019, 07:04:11 PM
Reply #51

Alanvideo

If he's Silva's choice there should be no debate.  It's not like he's bringing in Steve Round or S.Lee.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 06, 2019, 07:15:18 PM
Reply #52

Ross

Maybe itís Silva/Brands manoeuvering to get rid of an old piece of unwanted furniture and free up another coaching position?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 06, 2019, 07:23:45 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Played in the premier league for most of his career. I think heíll have some knowledge of the league.

Silva has chosen his assistant manager, whatís the issue with that?

Well I hope his knowledge of *checks notes*  tactics nearly a decade out of date will be very useful.

He honestly might be the absolute best possible appointment, but similar to the DBB appointment it looks to me a bit like they've took the easy route.

Actuslly so does Lossl, and the Baines year contract.

I know on here sometimes I can feel like the moaning arses vs the sensible optimists, but tbh I'm very happy to be extremely critical until proven otherwise, they've had my kecks down too many times in the past and I don't trust them yet.

June 06, 2019, 07:33:47 PM
Reply #54

BlueForYou

The Constrictor

Could be our snake in the grass

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

June 06, 2019, 07:40:02 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

Well I hope his knowledge of *checks notes*  tactics nearly a decade out of date will be very useful.

By that logic, almost every coach would be out of date, seeing as they often go into coaching maybe 10 years after their playing career.

No issue with you being skeptical and demanding the best from the club, but this just feels like you're taking a negative position on anything as a default, without having any clue as to the impact it will/won't have.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 06, 2019, 07:55:31 PM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
By that logic, almost every coach would be out of date, seeing as they often go into coaching maybe 10 years after their playing career.

No issue with you being skeptical and demanding the best from the club, but this just feels like you're taking a negative position on anything as a default, without having any clue as to the impact it will/won't have.

I'm perfectly happy with that position, as long as you are happy to extend the same logic to your own POV?

The assistant manager has been chosen by the manager clearly, rather than the DOF.

Why is optimistic until proven otherwise a better standpoint to take?

Edit: re coaches being out of date - im responding to the idea he's been hired for his prem knowledge. If you want prem knowledge hire someone who has coached in the modern prem surely, not someone who played for Fulham nearly a decade ago.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:58:35 PM by brap2 »

June 06, 2019, 07:55:56 PM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

He honestly might be the absolute best possible appointment, but similar to the DBB appointment it looks to me a bit like they've took the easy route.

Actuslly so does Lossl, and the Baines year contract.

I know on here sometimes I can feel like the moaning arses vs the sensible optimists, but tbh I'm very happy to be extremely critical until proven otherwise, they've had my kecks down too many times in the past and I don't trust them yet.

Knowledge of the premier leagues stretches to more than just tactics you know, or are you being purposely facetious because youíre struggling to back up the point youíre making.

What would your alternative be to getting in somebody the manager knows and trusts to work with on a daily basis then?

June 06, 2019, 08:03:58 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Knowledge of the premier leagues stretches to more than just tactics you know, or are you being purposely facetious because youíre struggling to back up the point youíre making.

What would your alternative be to getting in somebody the manager knows and trusts to work with on a daily basis then?

My point is that he was chosen by the manager and not the DOF, the telegraph even says they are mates.

I trust the manager less than I trust brands, so to me this looks like more of the same old Everton behaviour rather than nothing being the same (tm).

Do I need anything more to back up beyond that the above has given me cause for concern?

By the same token, what is it about the decision you like, beyond that they're mates?

June 06, 2019, 08:09:19 PM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

I'm perfectly happy with that position, as long as you are happy to extend the same logic to your own POV?

The assistant manager has been chosen by the manager clearly, rather than the DOF.

Why is optimistic until proven otherwise a better standpoint to take?

Edit: re coaches being out of date - im responding to the idea he's been hired for his prem knowledge. If you want prem knowledge hire someone who has coached in the modern prem surely, not someone who played for Fulham nearly a decade ago.

I am not taking an optimistic position by default though. I haven't even commented on it, until now. I'm taking a neutral position by default because we genuinely don't know anything about the appointment, good or bad.

Would I expect the manager to have more of a say in his own assistant than the DoF? Yes, I would. That makes absolute sense and if anything, it would be very weird to impose someone that the manager doesn't know/want on him.

I doubt he's been hired for 'Prem knowledge' personally, whatever that means (I know you didn't come up with that, you're just responding to it). It's not the 1950s. The Prem is very cosmopolitan, ideas and tactics are international, and there are very few secrets or league-specific factors that would warrant hiring someone with 'Prem knowledge'.

Speaking English and understanding the way English clubs generally operate is probably an advantage to some extent, but overall I'd assume the main criteria are the obvious ones (being tactically aligned with the coach, being a good communicator, being a good motivator, being a good judge of character/ability, improving players).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.