October 18, 2019, 01:21:50 PM

Author Topic: Gana's replacement  (Read 4186 times)

June 04, 2019, 08:58:23 PM
Read 4186 times

boothill

I cant remember who it was, but ive read on here a few times a post pushing for Baines to be introduced to a defensive midfield roll and it got me thinking. I know he hasnt gone, and i dont want him to. But the likelihood is that a good offer for Gana is likely to be accepted ? So would john joe kenny be able to have the technique and tactical skills drilled into him to replace Gana. He certainly has the physical and athletic atributes for the role. Just a thought.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 04, 2019, 09:04:03 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I cant remember who it was, but ive read on here a few times a post pushing for Baines to be introduced to a defensive midfield roll and it got me thinking. I know he hasnt gone, and i dont want him to. But the likelihood is that a good offer for Gana is likely to be accepted ? So would john joe kenny be able to have the technique and tactical skills drilled into him to replace Gana. He certainly has the physical and athletic atributes for the role. Just a thought.

Am gonna give it a firm no
Simply simply lovely

June 04, 2019, 09:21:27 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

That's some strong shit you've been smoking, pass it round

June 04, 2019, 09:21:54 PM
Reply #3

D15TIN

starting reading that and thought you were suggesting baines, hes been talked about as a possible CM, but Kenny? In such an important role, that's gotta be a no, think hes off on loan anyway by the sounds of it

June 04, 2019, 09:22:28 PM
Reply #4

mikey_blue

The only reason why Baines was even considered at CM was because, he was far and away our best footballer, and often the only player who could pass the ball forward. It was also a fashionable because Philip Lahm done it. 

Theres absolutely nothing in JJK's game that shows that he'd be adept to this position, let alone replace one of the leagues best at it. He should focus on being a RB and getting game time wherever he can to learn the position he's meant to play instead. 

June 04, 2019, 09:41:21 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Your talking about a defensive midfielder PSG want being replaced by a right back who’s probably not good enough to play his preferred position in the premier league. Oh and it was everyone’s favourite lunatic roberto Martinez who wanted to move baines

June 04, 2019, 09:46:52 PM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 04, 2019, 09:47:40 PM
Reply #7

boothill

The only reason why Baines was even considered at CM was because, he was far and away our best footballer, and often the only player who could pass the ball forward. It was also a fashionable because Philip Lahm done it. 

Theres absolutely nothing in JJK's game that shows that he'd be adept to this position, let alone replace one of the leagues best at it. He should focus on being a RB and getting game time wherever he can to learn the position he's meant to play instead.
I understand what your saying Mikey. Gana one of the best in the prem at what he does. Tackling, intercepting and breaking up play. Gives us zilch going forward though, well hardly zilch. Ive watched JJK improve in his position while standing in for seamus. His tackling and intercepting is coming on , hes made the odd howler. but he does have time and ability on his side. And thank you for your reasoned reply

June 04, 2019, 09:49:02 PM
Reply #8

boothill

Your talking about a defensive midfielder PSG want being replaced by a right back who's probably not good enough to play his preferred position in the premier league. Oh and it was everyone's favourite lunatic roberto Martinez who wanted to move baines
Martinez never posted on here, or did he ?

June 04, 2019, 09:50:01 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

Maybe we could give Sandro a go there, hes got a good engine?

June 04, 2019, 09:55:46 PM
Reply #10

boothill

Maybe we could give Sandro a go there, hes got a good engine?
As he hell

June 04, 2019, 10:06:16 PM
Reply #11

boothill

Going on his past outings. For a striker there is probably a good DM in there

June 04, 2019, 10:07:37 PM
Reply #12

ajax_andy

What... Hold on... Huh... Eh?

June 04, 2019, 10:29:04 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mods ban him
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 04, 2019, 10:40:33 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Had a mare here like