August 23, 2019, 10:15:25 PM

Author Topic: Diego Costa  (Read 4247 times)

July 12, 2019, 04:19:38 PM
Reply #75

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently West Ham in for Costa now

Sounds about right.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 12, 2019, 04:21:35 PM
Reply #76

Macca77

Jim White said on SSN transfer show last night that he had spoken to someone in authority at Everton about the Costa link and was told it's utter nonsense, we have no interest in the player.

July 12, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
Reply #77

Robioto

Apparently West Ham in for Costa now

That's more like it. Got West Ham written all over him.

July 12, 2019, 04:23:27 PM
Reply #78

dazfrancis

Jim White said on SSN transfer show last night that he had spoken to someone in authority at Everton about the Costa link and was told it's utter nonsense, we have no interest in the player.

Oooh, I wonder who he spoke to?

July 12, 2019, 04:23:46 PM
Reply #79

Robioto

It felt like one of those cases when everyone associated with Everton, including most of the fans, knew it was absolute bollocks despite the media flaunting it everywhere.

July 12, 2019, 04:38:24 PM
Reply #80

Bluedylan

They should teach critical analysis/critical thinking in schools (oh that's right, they do)

Just basic stuff like getting multiple sources, gauging the validity/coherence of the sources, analysing perspectives, understanding biases etc.

That isn't a dig at anyone on here btw. People tend to be able to filter through the bullshit. More the twitterati side of things. A lot of people get swept along by the most flimsy, bullshit rumour and don't seem to be able to separate out something that has clear credibility from something made up by a tabloid hack, sat in an office somewhere in London or Manchester.

Not to get too heavy, but it's a huge issue in society generally in the 'fake news', 'post-truth' era. We need to educate our kids to think critically because they are going to need those skills more than ever.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 12, 2019, 04:48:41 PM
Reply #81

Cereal Killer

That's more like it. Got West Ham written all over him.

Hope he tells them to get fucked as well

July 12, 2019, 04:51:12 PM
Reply #82

markB

what Tim Cahill said weeks ago , atletico madrid spending big up top this window , Diego Costa not playing well for them and getting bans all over the shop , Everton need a goal scorer , some readers will do the same maths , click bait done , get paid for doing fuck all but making shit up

July 12, 2019, 05:10:09 PM
Reply #83

Lxxx

They should teach critical analysis/critical thinking in schools (oh that's right, they do)

Just basic stuff like getting multiple sources, gauging the validity/coherence of the sources, analysing perspectives, understanding biases etc.

That isn't a dig at anyone on here btw. People tend to be able to filter through the bullshit. More the twitterati side of things. A lot of people get swept along by the most flimsy, bullshit rumour and don't seem to be able to separate out something that has clear credibility from something made up by a tabloid hack, sat in an office somewhere in London or Manchester.

Not to get too heavy, but it's a huge issue in society generally in the 'fake news', 'post-truth' era. We need to educate our kids to think critically because they are going to need those skills more than ever.

Very true. Trying to raise kids in an era of 24/7 information is tough. On this topic (sorry to digress) one drawback of instilling into my daughters the need to question everything means the eldest got pushback at school from her teachers who didn't take kindly to her doing exactly that, which either tells me a lot about the state of current schooling or the standard of her teachers.

Either way, even at 4 years old, the youngest would be able to tell me that Costa to Everton is bullshit.