October 18, 2019, 01:23:24 PM

Author Topic: Gana's replacement  (Read 4187 times)

June 04, 2019, 11:59:43 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
At least last summer we could have blamed this on heat stroke or something.

June 05, 2019, 12:08:20 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Martinez never posted on here, or did he ?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Probably not but the whole idea was originally his. Based on the fact that lahm was doing it. He wasnt really a deep thinker Martinez
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:09:27 AM by KoemansNumberTens »

June 05, 2019, 01:04:54 AM
Reply #17

Cozzie

Had a bit of a Weston Super here bothill, haha.

June 05, 2019, 01:06:16 AM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
Tbf Sir Alex Ferguson thought it was a good idea to put Phil Neville in midfield so we all make mistakes.

June 05, 2019, 06:57:58 PM
Reply #19

Toddacelli

Would rather have Jags do it!

But it does make me want to comment on the fact that I've read on here a few times how we could easily replace him with someone cheaper so we should take the money.

I really don't think he is an easy player to replace at all - possibly the hardest to replace, in fact.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 09, 2019, 11:10:02 PM
Reply #20

Morta75

Rather give Davis or Beni a go then. Or a checky bid for Sander Berge

June 09, 2019, 11:17:47 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Would rather have Jags do it!

But it does make me want to comment on the fact that I've read on here a few times how we could easily replace him with someone cheaper so we should take the money.

I really don't think he is an easy player to replace at all - possibly the hardest to replace, in fact.

Don't think he's easy to replace, but at the same time given his age if we wanted to make any resell value on him this would be the last chance. I don't think we're quite in the position to be giving large last contracts for players to see out their careers. He is turning 30 at the start of the season, so as much as a I love him and would be happy with him staying, I can see the logic if Brands decides to sell.

June 10, 2019, 12:49:43 AM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Don't think he's easy to replace, but at the same time given his age if we wanted to make any resell value on him this would be the last chance. I don't think we're quite in the position to be giving large last contracts for players to see out their careers. He is turning 30 at the start of the season, so as much as a I love him and would be happy with him staying, I can see the logic if Brands decides to sell.

I think itís really dangerous to sell him. Your point about his sell on value vs the cost of another contract is 1 id normally agree with but for me not only is he our best player heís also the 1 who allows us to play sigurdsson and Gomes together despite them not having a lot of defensive quality. The worry is we canít get a like for like replacement for gueye (weíll end up with someone more rounded) and in a 3 with the other 2 they might not have enough defensively. We lose gueye we might need to lose 1 of the others too

June 10, 2019, 12:59:51 AM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think itís really dangerous to sell him. Your point about his sell on value vs the cost of another contract is 1 id normally agree with but for me not only is he our best player heís also the 1 who allows us to play sigurdsson and Gomes together despite them not having a lot of defensive quality. The worry is we canít get a like for like replacement for gueye (weíll end up with someone more rounded) and in a 3 with the other 2 they might not have enough defensively. We lose gueye we might need to lose 1 of the others too

It's a risk whenever you sell a good player, but whether it's this summer or in 2-3 years time given the way he runs about combined with his age he's going to need replacing. That's what we're bringing in Brands to do though, solve these issues and we probably have to trust in the system to do that.

You probably have to consider he was seemingly interested in going to PSG, so while we could bat them back mid-season it could just leave us with a disgruntled player long term.

As I said, I'd be happy to see him in the squad again next season, but I think we might sell him rather than offer him a 4-5 year deal.

June 10, 2019, 02:09:39 AM
Reply #24

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Why not just erect a giant vibrating dildo a few yards in front of the edge of the area. Reckon thatíd do about as good a job.

June 10, 2019, 02:11:30 AM
Reply #25

BlueBeagle

Why not just erect a giant vibrating dildo a few yards in front of the edge of the area. Reckon thatíd do about as good a job.

Offer a lot more penetration than Gueye does

June 10, 2019, 01:08:43 PM
Reply #26

GrantyBoy78

Thereís no one else in the squad who can deputise for Gana, so we need to bring someone in. Whether itís a replacement or a youngster who can settle in before trying to challenge, is up to Brands.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 10, 2019, 01:25:35 PM
Reply #27

Macca77

Carvalho please

June 10, 2019, 01:40:41 PM
Reply #28

Hesmenos

This might be something Silva could be looking at. Instead of replacing Gana, we could get an upgrade to Schneiderlin to play in front of the defence. This could then allow us to push Gomes further forward or bring in a more creative player

June 11, 2019, 01:08:27 AM
Reply #29

Evertonian in NC

I go back to wanting it to be a partial swap deal.  There's so much good, young, attacking talent in France - surely PSG could send us an interesting player to get the deal across the line?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin