November 18, 2019, 11:14:00 PM

Author Topic: Jags  (Read 4788 times)

June 05, 2019, 12:55:47 AM
Reply #15

Thornton_19

Another great player for us leaves without a trophy. Sad times. Loved Jagielka, great player.

Think he will play one more year and then could see him being a decent pundit.

June 05, 2019, 12:59:28 AM
Reply #16

Tony Clifton

Seems almost criminal that the likes of him, Pienaar, Arteta etc. never won anything here. 

Also, Jags should've played a lot more than he did for England, FWIW...  Then again, he'd have likely been tapped up and fucked off years ago if he'd had more call-ups!   

Thanks Phil, and all the best for the future.

June 05, 2019, 01:02:42 AM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

Great player for us and great professional.

I think he is one of those characters that will be very much missed in the changing room.

June 05, 2019, 01:08:37 AM
Reply #18

Ross

Hell be sorely missed hes been a great example to others and never failed to give his absolute best for the club.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 05, 2019, 01:15:58 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One of our best ever value for money signings and for a period one of the best in the prem.

Absolute travesty he never got a trophy here, truly heart breaking.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 05, 2019, 01:24:03 AM
Reply #20

Macca77

A proper captain, on and off the pitch, genuinely gutted he's leaving

June 05, 2019, 01:31:37 AM
Reply #21

blue1948

In all my time watching there has never been a more committed player ,love the bones of him .Thanks Phil and good luck to you and the family. As said totally underrated player at his peak and in over 60 years watching he is up there with the best .Club man through and through .

June 05, 2019, 01:33:39 AM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

Love him and always will.  Sounds like we dicked around making the decision (boo!) so hope there are no hard feelings and perhaps can be on the touchline one day.

That thunderbolt at Anfield alone would make him a legend.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 05, 2019, 01:55:02 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think the wording of his announcement was a bit of a dig at all?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 05, 2019, 02:47:58 AM
Reply #24

Stumpy

Seems almost criminal that the likes of him, Pienaar, Arteta etc. never won anything here. 

Also, Jags should've played a lot more than he did for England, FWIW...  Then again, he'd have likely been tapped up and fucked off years ago if he'd had more call-ups!   

Thanks Phil, and all the best for the future.
It is criminal that the players of that era won nothing.The irony is the one final we got to in 2009 Jags Arteta and the yak,the spine of the team all had long term injuries and missed that game.Ten years on I still think what would have happened had all three been fit.
Good luck jags and thanks for the memories.

June 05, 2019, 03:11:07 AM
Reply #25

bigdunc9

A top pro. Mr 100 percent.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 05, 2019, 03:15:07 AM
Reply #26

D15TIN

It is criminal that the players of that era won nothing.The irony is the one final we got to in 2009 Jags Arteta and the yak,the spine of the team all had long term injuries and missed that game.Ten years on I still think what would have happened had all three been fit.
Good luck jags and thanks for the memories.
Was more the Uefa cup run in 08 for me - had we managed another goal in that fiorentina game (Frey in goal for them was unbelievable that night) we were winning it that year, we'd already beaten the eventual winners in the group stage and rangers drew their way to the final.

June 05, 2019, 03:32:35 AM
Reply #27

Stumpy

Was more the Uefa cup run in 08 for me - had we managed another goal in that fiorentina game (Frey in goal for them was unbelievable that night) we were winning it that year, we'd already beaten the eventual winners in the group stage and rangers drew their way to the final.
Yea d15tin that was another one that got away.I bet that keeper never played another game like that ever.And irony again Jags was one of the lads that missed a pen in the shootout.

June 05, 2019, 03:46:38 AM
Reply #28

Paddockoldie

When he first joined us as a DM I was dismayed. He then turned to CB and became such an important player for us. A great role model and s proper Blue who got us and what we're about. Sorry to see you go Jags but probably the best all round. Once a blue Jags!!!

June 05, 2019, 03:57:59 AM
Reply #29

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I absolutely love Jags and really sad to see him go.

Watching him shackle Torres, when he was at the top of his game, in the derby was a thing of beauty. He didn't have a clue how Jags was keeping up with him and shutting him down. I do think he was underrated by everyone other than us lot.

I can't see him fitting in at Sheffield United - doesn't Wilder have pacy, attacking centre halves that bomb forward and make crosses? Can't see Jags fitting in there.