November 14, 2019, 01:42:02 AM

Author Topic: Jags  (Read 4765 times)

June 05, 2019, 04:06:42 AM
Reply #30

D15TIN

I absolutely love Jags and really sad to see him go.

Watching him shackle Torres, when he was at the top of his game, in the derby was a thing of beauty. He didn't have a clue how Jags was keeping up with him and shutting him down. I do think he was underrated by everyone other than us lot.

I can't see him fitting in at Sheffield United - doesn't Wilder have pacy, attacking centre halves that bomb forward and make crosses? Can't see Jags fitting in there.
Warnock might offer him a couple of years at Cardiff, theyre in contact quite a bit I think

June 05, 2019, 05:45:56 AM
Reply #31

bluestevie

Right time for him to leave but it's gutting news all the same, one of my favorite players over the last 10-15 years. Was heartbreaking seeing him get that knee injury a week after being the semi final hero against United, we'd have bloody won that cup as well with him and Lescott rather than Joleon and Joey Yobo
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

June 05, 2019, 05:50:45 AM
Reply #32

WeimaranerBlues

also missing  without Yakubu and Mikel Arteta in that final --

gonna miss you Jags ......

June 05, 2019, 12:24:51 PM
Reply #33

Mac934

Thanks for the memories. All the very best to you in your next adventure Jags. An Everton legend in every way.

June 05, 2019, 01:18:46 PM
Reply #34

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I always thought that in is first 5 seasons, until his injury, he was the nearest thing we ever had to Brian Labone.
Not quite in his class, but solid and a great leader.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

June 05, 2019, 01:49:52 PM
Reply #35

Toddacelli

Well all knew, but I'm still absolutely gutted. Easily my favourite Everton defender in my 25 years as a fan and probably in my top 5 favourite Everton players. Such a great player even at the age he is now as he showed towards the end of this season. I'd love it if he did a season at Sheffield United if he decides to carry on playing, it just seems fitting.

I guess I will have to change my avatar for the first time in many years once our new official club captain is announced (which I assume will be Seamus)

With talk of another RB coming in - I'd be surprised to see Seamus made captain if it is someone who is real competition. It would be like Baines getting the captaincy last year and Digne playing most of the games.

If that happens - I would not be surprised to see Sigurdsson or even Davies get it. Giving it to Keane may also be a masterstroke of showing a player ultimate faith and allowing him to grow in confidence.

As for Jags - it's 2019 ffs - can we not just clone him?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 05, 2019, 01:55:06 PM
Reply #36

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Sad to see him go, always gave 100% and I still can't get over how fast a player he was. Never looked fast but clearly was. A leader and a great example for other players both on and off the pitch as he showed in those last few appearances last season. Wish him only the best.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

June 05, 2019, 03:06:04 PM
Reply #37

BlueBeagle

Right time for him to leave but it's gutting news all the same, one of my favorite players over the last 10-15 years. Was heartbreaking seeing him get that knee injury a week after being the semi final hero against United, we'd have bloody won that cup as well with him and Lescott rather than Joleon and Joey Yobo

We wouldn't at all

June 05, 2019, 03:27:25 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Deffo had a better chance with him in there.

Donít forget we were missing Arteta as well.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 05, 2019, 03:34:31 PM
Reply #39

Ramjam

Deffo had a better chance with him in there.

Don't forget we were missing Arteta as well.
And the Yak

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 05, 2019, 10:39:57 PM
Reply #40

schleffera

Talk of Celtic as his next stop.

June 05, 2019, 11:09:04 PM
Reply #41

Thornton_19

I completely forgot he played RB and DM for us and was shite at it. Completely forgot.

June 05, 2019, 11:32:45 PM
Reply #42

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Would love him to come down to Cardiff and play for Warnock again
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 06, 2019, 12:42:56 AM
Reply #43

D15TIN

he'll have plenty of offers on the table, he'd be the best CB in that league if he went to celtic. Likes of Sheff Utd, Villa & Norwich should be approaching him, still a very good defender

June 06, 2019, 01:50:06 AM
Reply #44

GrantyBoy78

He deserves to go and win something

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums